PDA

View Full Version : A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Steelerfreak58
09-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Dear Ben,

Thank You so much for putting up with the complete and utter bullshit play of the offensive line and Mr. Arians play calling yesterday. You are an ultimate team player and my hat is off to you. Watching you fight and battle all of the sickening play calling and punishment you took was a true testimony of your character.

I fear for your general well being and safety at this point because from this point forward every team that plays against you now has a full blown blueprint on how to kick the living crap out of you for the next 14 games. Mr. Arian's did nothing to help alleviate your torment and seemed to be oblivious to the fact that the offensive line had more holes in it then a cheese grater.

I also must confess that I have some trepidation about Mr. Tomlin's ability to give his Offensive Coordinator a swift kick in the ass and telling him to wake the hell up and give you some short quick pop passing plays to actually get something going for you and your team mates. Not to mention the lack of any screen calls to try and keep the defense from selling out on just about every play coming at you from everywhere on the field.

At one point during the game I looked over at my father who has been a Steeler fan for 60+ years and said I have never felt so bad for a guy playing a game. I wished for one instance Mr. Roethlisberger that you would have walked over to Mr. Arian's and handed him the ball and told him to go out there and play with what he was giving you but I realized that you would never have done that because you have too much heart and too much dignity as a member of this great organization.

Once again I say thank you for being one hell of a class act and not coming unglued at yesterday's complete fiasco of a game. Please take care of yourself number seven I am sure I can speak for the entire Steeler Nation and say you are in our prayers.

Sincerely

A Grateful and Worried Steeler Fan

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-22-2008, 12:15 PM
That was fitting...It almost looked like Ben was being put up against the Steel Curtain defense of the 70's the way the O-Line let them walk in every other play.

iloveben7
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
What a great letter. I always feel bad for Ben when he gets sacked, but yesterday just made me sick. I could hardly even watch the game. We are very lucky that Ben didn't get killed yesterday.

steelerzfannforever
09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Ive been a Steeler fan for 30+ years and I cannot recall a poorer performance from any Steeler O line than what we saw yesterday. The most sickening fact to it all is that our OC, Mr Arians had no clue as to how to call a game to protect his quarterback. Does it take a genius to realize that quick slants, passes to your running backs, and draws are a way to combat the type of defense that we saw yesterday? Why is it that we as fans seem to know how to fix the issues, but the coaches who make tons of money to do something they love cannot see these things? It just ripped my heart out to see Ben (our beloved quarterback) tossed around like a ragdoll. Ben has way to much class to call out Mr Arians, but let me say this to Mr Arians: Mr Arians, I am one fan in this wonderful affiliation that we all call Steeler nation, and I am also one that contributes to your salary each year that you stand on the black n gold sideline. With that being said, let me say this: "If I ever witness our quarterback take the abuse that you inflicted on him yesterday, I hope that you are in surgery immediately following the game to remove the shoe out of your A** that Mr Roethlisberger had implanted from a swift kick to your backside. You sir deserved to take the beating that Ben took, not him! "WAKE UP AND GET IN THE GAME"!

Michael Keller
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Ive been a Steeler fan for 30+ years and I cannot recall a poorer performance from any Steeler O line than what we saw yesterday. The most sickening fact to it all is that our OC, Mr Arians had no clue as to how to call a game to protect his quarterback. Does it take a genius to realize that quick slants, passes to your running backs, and draws are a way to combat the type of defense that we saw yesterday? Why is it that we as fans seem to know how to fix the issues, but the coaches who make tons of money to do something they love cannot see these things? It just ripped my heart out to see Ben (our beloved quarterback) tossed around like a ragdoll. Ben has way to much class to call out Mr Arians, but let me say this to Mr Arians: Mr Arians, I am one fan in this wonderful affiliation that we all call Steeler nation, and I am also one that contributes to your salary each year that you stand on the black n gold sideline. With that being said, let me say this: "If I ever witness our quarterback take the abuse that you inflicted on him yesterday, I hope that you are in surgery immediately following the game to remove the shoe out of your A** that Mr Roethlisberger had implanted from a swift kick to your backside. You sir deserved to take the beating that Ben took, not him! "WAKE UP AND GET IN THE GAME"!

Great expression of truth !!

Elvis
09-22-2008, 02:50 PM
This is just really getting so old.. I still really cant believe that we didnt do anything in this past springs' NFL draft to prevent this from happening again this season. It is just very dissapointing to see Ben take hit after hit and never show any emotion at all about it. What will it take for the Rooneys to really realize that they just might have made a mistake this time around...
:helmet:

fansince'76
09-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Why is it that we as fans seem to know how to fix the issues, but the coaches who make tons of money to do something they love cannot see these things?

Maybe because "we" really don't and "fixing" these issues using 20/20 hindsight and Monday morning armchair QBing on a messageboard is a hell of a lot easier than what those coaches who make tons of money have to do in real time?

The Duke
09-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Maybe because "we" really don't and "fixing" these issues using 20/20 hindsight and Monday morning armchair QBing on a messageboard is a hell of a lot easier than what those coaches who make tons of money have to do in real time?

but we can do a better job than them :rolleyes:

it's amazing how some actually claim they know how to fix the issues

missedgehead
09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Here is a PS. Please have Mr. Arians FIRED ASAP for the horrible and PREDICTABLE playcalling. Thanks.

43Hitman
09-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Here is a PS. Please have Mr. Arians FIRED ASAP for the horrible and PREDICTABLE playcalling. Thanks.

So what happened to your beloved Pats* yesterday? Or are you done with them since they have no chance at winning shit with Cassel.

stillers4me
09-22-2008, 05:09 PM
And on another note......what offensive linemen were left for us to pick up by the time we picked? No one who was better than what we had.....so we got a couple of powerhouses instead. No blaming the draft.........

And I agree with the letter......I'm really worried about Ben.

Preacher
09-22-2008, 05:27 PM

I was wondering when this was coming.

:rofl:

You would think we lost to the Bad News Bears by 40 points rather than an NFL football team by 9 points.

BTW... that NFL team... is one of the top two in the NFC and maybe the top two or three in the NFL.

Yeah.. Fire Arians. he sucks.

indy steeler
09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
My letter would include something about learning to throw away the ball. As much as he is paid he should be able to play without a o-line. I mean come on Ben you wanted the big bucks, now earn them! He has not won a playoff game in two seasons.

SHOCKING NEWS!!!!

BEN CAN NOT WALK ON WATER!
He makes mistakes too.
Even off the field (idiot did not wear a helmet, gets hit by a car and almost dies).
I think the poor decision making off the field is finding its way on the field.

I would say that some sacks belong to the o-line, some just good defense and some to Bruce for not making adjustments. Ben needs to quit holding on to the ball for 5 or more seconds as well. It was like he was looking deep the whole game.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Arians isn't the problem. It doesn't matter what he called, the line wasn't going to block for any play whatsoever.

And as for drafting Mendenhall and Sweed, please name me five offensive linemen that would be starters right now that were available when we picked those two players.

That is one of the problems with being one of the last ten teams to pick in the first round, all those "absolute studs" are normally gone so you have to go with the best player available to get any type of value with the pick.

And as for trading up in the draft to snag one of those "studs", it takes two to trade. If nobody is willing to trade or that team wants more than the pick is worth, there is no trade.

steelpride12
09-22-2008, 06:22 PM

ITS NOT ARIAN'S FAULT! Get off that train buddy, you can't say he didn't pick the right plays when Ben didn't have a slit second to make a play!

Hapa
09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Ben is the man

iloveben7
09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
My letter would include something about learning to throw away the ball. As much as he is paid he should be able to play without a o-line. I mean come on Ben you wanted the big bucks, now earn them! He has not won a playoff game in two seasons.

SHOCKING NEWS!!!!

He makes mistakes too.
Even off the field (idiot did not wear a helmet, gets hit by a car and almost dies).

I would say that some sacks belong to the o-line, some just good defense and some to Bruce for not making adjustments. Ben needs to quit holding on to the ball for 5 or more seconds as well. It was like he was looking deep the whole game.

Who the heck can play without an o-line? NO ONE. And the Steelers win and lose as a team, it's not just Ben that hasn't won a playoff game in 2 years, it's the Steelers.

\m/xtrememarine\m/
09-22-2008, 07:09 PM
You could really see the frustration on Bens face after every sack. It looked like the Eagles were reading the Steeler Offensive plays the same time they were being called. Every time ha got sacked, it made me sick too. The worst play calling I have ever seen.

nicesteel4life
09-23-2008, 12:07 AM
PEOPLE! Ben is Human, He calls AUDIBLES, do we all know what that means? He is to scan the defense before getting under center and make adjustments, He is not doing that! He is not throwing the ball away! I love Ben just like any others Steelers fan does BUT I think he might have left some of his common sense on a car windshield 2 years ago.....You cant win a game by yourself or lose one either. It's a TEAM effort and EVERYBODY on the offensive side of the ball didn't step up on Sunday.

Galax Steeler
09-23-2008, 03:23 AM
And on another note......what offensive linemen were left for us to pick up by the time we picked? No one who was better than what we had.....so we got a couple of powerhouses instead. No blaming the draft.........

And I agree with the letter......I'm really worried about Ben.

I have to agree we didn't have nobody to take when we picked that would have been stupid to pick a second rounder in the first.

vasteeler
09-23-2008, 10:55 AM

SHOCKING NEWS!!!!

He makes mistakes too.

i would love for you to point out a time in that game when Ben held on to the ball for mare than five seconds, you cant because he had lineman in his face after 2 seconds.
and the poor decision making you speak of where was that?

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM

Wow...I am kind of speechless after reading that. Tell us how you really feel. That was good.:applaudit:

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 04:04 PM

:applaudit::applaudit::thumbsup:

Word.

http://www.theperfectsign.com/ProductImages/sports_signs/2781T.jpg