PDA

View Full Version : Pengs Limited View Tickets

the_king_from_leon
09-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey guys,

As some of you may know I am going over to Steeler Nation to see a couple of games in November (Chargers and Bengals).

I have just seen that the Pengs are playing the Minnesotta Wild whilst I am out there, Im not going to lie I dont really know much about hockey except that I used to play quite a bit of NHL 2002 years ago! I have looked online and cant really afford any of the great seats for the game, has anyone sat in block D23 in the limited view seats? At $50 I think I can stretch to go see the game but want to know if I will actually see anything? Would I be better going for the Standing section, Im 6ft 1 so would be able to see over the wall etc?

Any advise is once again greatly appreciated

X-Terminator
09-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey guys,

As some of you may know I am going over to Steeler Nation to see a couple of games in November (Chargers and Bengals).

I have just seen that the Pengs are playing the Minnesotta Wild whilst I am out there, Im not going to lie I dont really know much about hockey except that I used to play quite a bit of NHL 2002 years ago! I have looked online and cant really afford any of the great seats for the game, has anyone sat in block D23 in the limited view seats? At $50 I think I can stretch to go see the game but want to know if I will actually see anything? Would I be better going for the Standing section, Im 6ft 1 so would be able to see over the wall etc?

From that section, part of the ice closest to you (the near corner) is obstructed, otherwise you can see everything else. It is worth the $50 if you can swing it. Standing-room tix are primarily in the end zones, and even there, you will not be able to see the scoreboard. You would be able to see over the railing at your height.

Hope this helps, and are able to make it! (I will be at that game, btw - season ticket holder)

the_king_from_leon
09-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the reply, do you think I would be better going down on the day to try and get a cheaper ticket or just go for it as I wont get much better than that?

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the reply, do you think I would be better going down on the day to try and get a cheaper ticket or just go for it as I wont get much better than that?

You can try getting one from a scalper because they always sell them for around face value - by law, they cannot sell them for any more than that since they obviously are not licensed. You can also check Penguins TicketExchange from their website where you can buy directly from season ticket holders or Stubhub.com, but you may have to pay more than you would from a scalper.

Preacher
10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
bump

Preacher
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
bump again!

HometownGal
10-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey guys,

I have never sat in D-23, leon, but I have sat in one of the handicapped sections last season when I had my foot operated on and was in a wheelchair. The standing room only sections were pretty close to where I sat and as XT said - other than not being able to see the scoreboard while standing, the view wasn't bad at all. I don't refer to sit in the goals- I much prefer watching the action east-west as opposed to north-south. If you don't mind standing, that is the way I'd go. JMHO.

P.S. I also am a season ticket holder - XT and I split a plan! :thumbsup:

Preacher
10-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I whish I was in an area of Pro hockey...

it would be an hour and a half drive to see the Sharks...

the_king_from_leon
10-13-2008, 10:18 AM
I whish I was in an area of Pro hockey...

it would be an hour and a half drive to see the Sharks...

HAHAHA your complaining about an hour and a half drive! I have a good few thousand miles until my nearest NHL/NFL team!