PDA

View Full Version : Harrison gotta blame someone for loss

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
:crying01: A little whine with your cheese Rodney :crying01:

profootballtalk.com
RODNEY HARRISON CALLS RICKY WILLIAMS BLOCK DIRTY
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 22, 2008, 4:12 p.m.

Pot, meet kettle: Patriots safety Rodney Harrison is criticizing Dolphins running back Ricky Williams for what Harrison says was a dirty play Sunday.

On the first play of the fourth quarter, Ronnie Brown scored on a 62-yards run. Running downfield trailing the play, Williams dove at the legs of Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel. After the play, Vrabel retaliated with a shot at Williams, and they were both flagged with personal fouls.

Harrison was asked after the game if he thought it was a dirty play on Williams’ part, and he answered, “Of course it was. Of course it was. There’s no place in the game for that.”

Some would argue that there’s no place in the game for a lot of what Harrison does. In July a poll of NFL coaches revealed that they overwhelmingly believe Harrison is the dirtiest player in the league.

For Williams’ part, he said, “A lot of defensive guys don’t like it when you go at their legs. I can understand that. … If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t have done it because I can understand why he was upset. I was caught up in the play and just trying to help [Brown]. I wasn’t trying to hurt anybody.”

From Boston.com

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/09/22/reading_receivers_moves/?page=1

Williams block irks

Patriots players were not pleased with Miami running back Ricky Williams's cut block from behind on linebacker Mike Vrabel on Ronnie Brown's 62-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter.

Brown had broken free and Vrabel was trying to chase him down from behind when a hustling Williams wiped out Vrabel. An angry Vrabel retaliated by jumping on Williams and both players ended up with 15-yard personal fouls.
related content

After the game, Patriots safety Rodney Harrison said there was "no place in the game" for plays like Williams's block. Williams called the block borderline and said he wouldn't do it again because it could have negated Brown's touchdown. However, he did express contrition for going at Vrabel's legs.

"A lot of defensive guys don't like it when you go at their legs," said Williams. "I can understand that. I don't think he should have speared me like that. They were really upset. I think also when they're losing like that frustrations get up. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have done it because I can understand why he was upset. I was caught up in the play and just trying to help [Brown]. I wasn't trying to hurt anybody."

pittsburghp8baller
09-22-2008, 11:16 PM
and how many times has he cheap shotted some1?

and if i remember the score correctly, even if u take that score out somehow the dolphins still creamed u guys. that fall from the pedastol was rough wasnt it?

fansince'76
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM
What's good for the goose....

tony hipchest
09-22-2008, 11:25 PM
rodney sure was silent when his teammates were gouging out opponents eyes. :rolleyes:

ramrodney tried this same shit last year whining about other players "cheapshots".

he just needs a warm bowl of soup to go with his "whaaaaburger and cries".

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/stfu2.jpg

kmsteelerwr15
09-23-2008, 12:12 AM
:blah::blah::blah:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

That about sums it up for me

OneForTheToe
09-23-2008, 12:20 AM
rodney sure was silent when his teammates were gouging out opponents eyes. :rolleyes:

ramrodney tried this same shit last year whining about other players "cheapshots".

he just needs a warm bowl of soup to go with his "whaaaaburger and cries".

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/stfu2.jpg

Is that Campbels chunky? :wink02:

Galax Steeler
09-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Let them whine who cares.

GutterflowerSteel
09-23-2008, 05:01 AM
Too bad, so sad. He got his a$$ blown up, and now he wants to cry about it. Maybe he should put on a dress instead of pads. Next time, they can call the Waaahmbulance for him. What a hypocritical candyass!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1127/wahmbulanceoz7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Patriot
09-23-2008, 06:26 AM
“A lot of defensive guys don’t like it when you go at their legs. I can understand that. … If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t have done it because I can understand why he was upset. I was caught up in the play and just trying to help [Brown]. I wasn’t trying to hurt anybody.”
Apparently Williams also agrees that the hit was unecessary. No player wants to get injured. Maybe you should see the hit before you judge what players have to say about it. :noidea:

STEELtownHAVOX
09-23-2008, 09:23 AM
mabye you should review all the late hits harrison does. just harrison, i'm not counting the fat a$s or seymour...full a dirty players.

SteelersMongol
09-23-2008, 09:45 AM
mabye you should review all the late hits harrison does. just harrison, i'm not counting the fat a$s or seymour...full a dirty players.

That's what I was about 2 say. All the things I heard about this guy is no good at all.

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Apparently Williams also agrees that the hit was unecessary. No player wants to get injured. Maybe you should see the hit before you judge what players have to say about it. :noidea:

Yeah, and Ol' Dirty Rodney gave up his right to complain about cheap shots a long time ago. He wasn't voted the Dirtiest Player in the League for nothing.

kmsteelerwr15
09-23-2008, 11:15 AM
What next is Beliprick* gonna complain that the Dolphins cheated now :doh:

what has this world come to!!!!!

The_WARDen
09-23-2008, 12:54 PM

Hey! It one of those New England frauds. Tell us? How's it feel to boo a team that won 21 straight regular season games? Bandwagoners!

:applaudit::applaudit::popcorn:

MACH1
09-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Guess rodney speaks from experience. The old takes one to know one.

steelreserve
09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
So? Vrabel and Harrison are both on the Patriots. Everybody hates them and no one cares if they get injured.

The Patriot
09-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Hey! It one of those New England frauds. Tell us? How's it feel to boo a team that won 21 straight regular season games? Bandwagoners!

:applaudit::applaudit::popcorn:

I've never left a game early, that I don't understand, but I have no problem booing a defense that gives up just because they know they're gonna lose.

MACH1
09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
I've never left a game early, that I don't understand, but I have no problem booing a defense that gives up just because they know they're gonna lose.

First Cheaters*, now Quitters*. :toofunny:

steelreserve
09-23-2008, 04:38 PM

If you'd gone to a 49ers game any time in the last several years, you would understand. If your team is down 35-7 in the fourth quarter, deserves to be down 55-7 except that the opponents put in the scrubs, and they still can barely even make a first down even against the second-string defense, you're completely justified in leaving early. When it's just plain bad football, it's not fun at all to watch.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Wait, Rodney Harrison is complaining about a dirty hit?

Can anyone say hypocrite?

Someone should tell Rodney that you don't get voted as the dirtiest player in football because you're an angel.

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM

Don't think anyone's questioning the hit, oh little fan of cheating scoundrels. It's the audacity of one of the NFL's biggest goons to call someone else out for being "dirty".

What goes around comes around.

:upyours: Rodney

SteelerFan091472
09-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Rodney can dish it out, but he can't take it.

xfl2001fan
09-23-2008, 08:07 PM
If you'd gone to a 49ers game any time in the last several years, you would understand. If your team is down 35-7 in the fourth quarter, deserves to be down 55-7 except that the opponents put in the scrubs, and they still can barely even make a first down even against the second-string defense, you're completely justified in leaving early. When it's just plain bad football, it's not fun at all to watch.

It's ying and yang. Do the 49ers just play terrible, or inspire other's to play great?

Did the Steelers O-line play terrible, or was it magnificent play by the Eagles?

Generally it's a combination. The Dolphins played well and the Patriots played like crap.

revefsreleets
09-23-2008, 08:22 PM
The California fans can't really be bothered with football too much...there's other things to do.

I think it's interesting to see the very beginnings of grumbling and bitching in NE after just one (albeit embarrassing and to a shitty team) loss.

It'll be fun to watch the ivory tower crumble up there...can't wait to see how bad it gets.

Texasteel
09-23-2008, 08:57 PM
If it wasn't for football, Harrison would be hiding behind a dumpster with a crowbar waiting for some old lady to come be with her social security check.

I don't give a (censured) what he thinks.