PDA

View Full Version : What is it that we need???

SteelerFanInATL
11-29-2005, 08:33 AM
What is it that we need to get over the hump? Coaching, RB's, WR's, O/D Line, DB's ? What is it? We have been a good team for a while. Good is getting old. I think we need to open up the O more. Running all the time is not the answer. Ben is a capable passer. Get him better WR's. Use the TE more. (I will say we have used our TE more than in the past)
Dump it to the Parker out in the flats. I think one thing we need to do is have more ballance on O, we are too predictable. I could ramble on and on right now. I'm just FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-29-2005, 11:27 AM
We need to figure out why our O line is getting man handled. If we fix that everything else will come together.

Eztarget
11-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Replace the turn styles with offensive linemen? That is our WHOLE problem. If they could open some holes our RB's are good enough to run through them, and Ben is good enough to find receivers if he had a pocket.

It's impossible to run the ball as a RB when a defender is standing in your backfield almost every play.

The first and most important thing is to FIX this O line.

Second thing would be to draft/sign a true deep threat to take some coverage off Hines Ward and stretch the other teams defense.

jtdapit
11-29-2005, 11:34 AM
oh my god, I cant belive last night, i feel our o-line played horrible, not to mention our CB both played horrible! When you have WR like harrison dont try and stop the run try to stop harrison, colts made a mock of us!

Steel - X
11-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Very bad coaching in my opinion and the offensive line was horrid.

BB2W
11-29-2005, 01:46 PM
I agree... our O-line sucks, they are not as good as they used to be. I watch the line a lot, and I think Max Starks is playing the best. We need to go O-line early in the draft this year. I don't know if it is age or what... but they are playing like crap.

HeroDecks
11-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Your line's not that bad, it just depends on the matchup. If they have small quick guys to pass block they are gonna get beat.
If they have slower guys and just need to run the ball then they are pretty good. They fit into your system. You are a running team. Being a running team is not that bad, especially not in our division. Wouldn't you rather play down and dirty with the Browns and Ravens twice a year than be able to beat the finesse pretty boys like the Rams and Colts that you see once every 4 years?

Just remember who you are, and enjoy it. That's what makes you the Steelers. Do you guys honestly think Ben could be as effective throwing the ball 35 times per game? No chance!

clevestinks
11-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Our Oline is not playing well. And the penalties on them was way to unexcusable.

But we need to pressure the qb more.

jtdapit
11-29-2005, 04:44 PM
is it me but on the colts second drive they threw it right to mcfadden and he couldnt stop it. what was it with Mcfadden?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-29-2005, 04:47 PM
We need help with our offensive line.
And the steelers are suppose to be a POWER RUNNING TEAM.....This is most likely Bettis' last year so who is our power back.......Staley is injury prone, and Parker...as much as i love him, is not a power back.
We have a QB we need to be more balanced,,,,,,,,

Koopa
11-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Your line's not that bad, it just depends on the matchup. If they have small quick guys to pass block they are gonna get beat.
If they have slower guys and just need to run the ball then they are pretty good. They fit into your system. You are a running team. Being a running team is not that bad, especially not in our division. Wouldn't you rather play down and dirty with the Browns and Ravens twice a year than be able to beat the finesse pretty boys like the Rams and Colts that you see once every 4 years?

Just remember who you are, and enjoy it. That's what makes you the Steelers. Do you guys honestly think Ben could be as effective throwing the ball 35 times per game? No chance!

you god? how the hell you know that he wouldn't be as effective???????????????????? i ****ing hate when ppl say the bullshit you don't know if he'd be as effective hell he could be more effective throwing 40 times a game and we could be undeafted.......get the **** out of here with that bullshit

Koopa
11-29-2005, 05:34 PM
is it me but on the colts second drive they threw it right to mcfadden and he couldnt stop it. what was it with Mcfadden?

he's a rookie so peyton decided to take advantage of him not really playing season and is still learning how to cover in the nfl......at least he made the tackles and didn't allow a shitload after the catch

StillerPaul
11-30-2005, 12:53 AM

If you were to put Ben in Carson Palmer's offense, he'd be the MVP IMO. Look how far he's progressed thus far, in what, HALF the time it took Carson to get to this level? Yea yea Carson sat for a year but he STILL tries to force too many into coverage and gets confused and rattled more. Sheesh, if we ever get the weapons and system that the bungles have, Ben will be almost unstoppable!

Rotorhead
11-30-2005, 01:12 AM
Ben has 10x the pocket presence Palmer has! Palmer will be good as will Eli, but Ben will is by far better. He is stronger, harder to bring down, tougher, more mobile and just a accurate as anyone else in the league. Look how many late game drives he has engineered to win games in the last couple seasons. He really has no game breaking weapons like Eli and Palmer have and since he was not drafted #1 or is not named Manning he gets little to no credit. Give him back Burress or CJohnson and see what happens. On top of that, as you have stated, our Offense is built around the running game so he doesnt have to throw 40x a game. When he has to throw, he completes his passes. One of the reasons he was had the highest QB rating up until last week. Had he not been rusty he would still have the highest rating IMO.

Livinginthe past
11-30-2005, 02:50 AM

Mcfadden got picked on because, as Koopa said, he is a rookie who is matched up with a WR who is having a career year on the best offense currently in football - kinda smells of a mis-match dont it?

From what I seen, Mcfadden got beat on a some quick in slants - the kind of timing plays that are much easier when you have as settled an offensive unit as the Colts have.

The main thing is that he didnt get repeatedly beat deep and that when receivers made their catches he wrapped them up and didnt let his morale drop off.

McFadden is a keeper.

NM

clevestinks
11-30-2005, 04:28 AM
Mcfadden got picked on because, as Koopa said, he is a rookie who is matched up with a WR who is having a career year on the best offense currently in football - kinda smells of a mis-match dont it?

From what I seen, Mcfadden got beat on a some quick in slants - the kind of timing plays that are much easier when you have as settled an offensive unit as the Colts have.

The main thing is that he didnt get repeatedly beat deep and that when receivers made their catches he wrapped them up and didnt let his morale drop off.

McFadden is a keeper.

NM

I agree. Montana and Rice made Hof careers with quick slants. Your timing has to be perfect on the slant pattern. And it is the hardest pass to defend. Especially against a Manning, or Montana.

steeler47
11-30-2005, 07:27 AM
I have to admit.Weisenhunt is disapointing me,the colts game was the worst I've seen in my 200 years of watching the nfl.

Suitanim
12-01-2005, 11:46 AM
O line is disappointing...We need a RG and need to start grooming a center.