PDA

View Full Version : steelers projections revisited

PalmerSteel
09-23-2008, 09:14 AM
i think its always interesting to see win projections after a team's first loss and after we get a better feel of everyone else after a few weeks. mine hasnt changed much since the preseason but here it is:

2-1
BALT - W
@JAC- L
@CIN- W
NYG - W
@WAS - L
INDY - W
SD - L
CIN - W
@NE - W
DAL - L
@BAL-W
@TEN-L
CLE - W

10-6. WIN DIVISION

steelpride12
09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Here is mine
2-1
Balt-W
Jac-W
Cin-W
NYG-L
Was-W
Indy-L
SD-L
Cin-W
NE-W
Dal-L
Bal-L
Ten-W
Clev-W

Also 10-6 Divison Win

Edman
09-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Balt-W
@Jac-L
@Cin-W
NYG-W
@Was-L (Letdown road game)
Indy-W
SD-W
Cin-W
@NE-L
Dal-W
@Bal-L
@Ten-L
Clev-W

Final record. 10-6.

Rotorhead
09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
So after that loss, good Def teams will worry me:

Balt-W Rebound Game
@Jac-W Sorry, just not the same team as last season
@Cin-W
NYG-L Good pass rush . . .
@Was-W Rebound Game
Indy-W Read Jax
SD-L They will start picking it up by now
Cin-W
@NE-W Read Jax
Dal-W Not a good Def, we can win a shootout cause we have a good Def
@Bal-W Streak will be good here
@Ten-W Oline will be on the same page and Off and Def clicking by now
Clev-W

13-3

SCSTILLER
09-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Balt-W
@Jac-W
@Cin-W
NYG-L (pass rush kills us again)
@Was-W
Indy-W
SD-L
Cin-W
@NE-W
Dal-L
@Bal-W
@Ten-W
Clev-W

12 - 4, win the division. Hopefully no let down games this year

PalmerSteel
09-23-2008, 03:48 PM
wow. everyone is still predicting to make the playoffs. that means the sky really hasnt fallen yet?! :laughing:

steelreserve
09-23-2008, 04:12 PM
BALT - W
@JAC- W
@CIN- W, Carson Palmer: broken arm
NYG - W
@WAS - W
INDY - W
SD - W
CIN - W, Carson Palmer: broken other arm
@NE - W, 56-0
DAL - W
@BAL-W
@TEN-W
CLE - W

15-1, win Super Bowl

Dino 6 Rings
09-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Here is mine

Vs Houston W
at Cleveland W
at Philly L
vs Baltimore W

looking at 3-1.

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Hello from Baltimore, fellas! I'm looking forward to a good, hard-fought divisional game this Monday. I'm glad to see that everyone in Pittsburgh is picking the Steelers to win it. The Ravens always play better when they are counted out.

Our record on SNF/MNF is nothing to write home about, but I think things will be different under Harbaugh vs. Billick.

Good luck to you, but not that good! Steelers/Ravens games are always a slugfest.

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 05:18 PM
BTW, my pick is Ravens-17, Steelers-10.

tony hipchest
09-23-2008, 08:14 PM
you can see mine at wwwwwwwwwwwww.steelerskickass.com

Davison_K
09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
BTW, my pick is Ravens-17, Steelers-10.

You actually expect the Ravens offense to score 17 points against Pittsburgh? Really?:toofunny:

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 08:31 PM
You actually expect the Ravens offense to score 17 points against Pittsburgh? Really?:toofunny:

I expect one TD and a FG from the offense and one TD from the defense. Probably a QB fumble picked up and taken to the house by Suggs or Scott.

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2008, 08:35 PM
you can see mine at wwwwwwwwwwwww.steelerskickass.comyour link doesn't seem to be working....:alcoholic

steelpride12
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I expect one TD and a FG from the offense and one TD from the defense. Probably a QB fumble picked up and taken to the house by Suggs or Scott.

Ha Maybe for us sure. Our defense is gonna have a field day on Flacco im expecting 2 INT's off of him and a fumble.

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Ha Maybe for us sure. Our defense is gonna have a field day on Flacco im expecting 2 INT's off of him and a fumble.

I guess we expect different things. Our defenses are similar. Your QB is much more experienced but our O line is vastly superior. It doesn't matter if you're John Elway, Joe Montana or Peyton Manning if you're on your back half the game.

If the Ravens control the clock like they've done their first two games, the Steeler offense is going to get tired sitting on the bench and the D is going to pass out from exhaustion.

This ain't the 2007 Ravens. Go back one year earlier.

steelpride12
09-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I guess we expect different things. Our defenses are similar. Your QB is much more experienced but our O line is vastly superior. It doesn't matter if you're John Elway, Joe Montana or Peyton Manning if you're on your back half the game.

If the Ravens control the clock like they've done their first two games, the Steeler offense is going to get tired sitting on the bench and the D is going to pass out from exhaustion.

This ain't the 2007 Ravens. Go back one year earlier.

Your offensive line does look good i agree, but against who....the 0-3 Browns with injuries the need a real test this season and will get it from Pittsburgh.

I don't see the Ravens even with good protection marching down the field and killing th clock. Our corners with Ike and Troy the SS have an excellent coverage game.

Plus i don't see much of a run game from you even with our NT our and the Left DE. So unless Flacco can pass his way to a victory im not sure.

lilyoder6
09-23-2008, 08:52 PM
flacco hasn't seen a def like the steelers yet.. dl should have evryone come from evrywhere to get to flacco... and the ravens have no wr's.. lol

steelpride12
09-23-2008, 08:55 PM
flacco hasn't seen a def like the steelers yet.. dl should have evryone come from evrywhere to get to flacco... and the ravens have no wr's.. lol

Mason Gets a crap load of catches and yards a season he is a great WR in my eyes, plus i like Clayton as well. There WR are not the best, but take your eye off they and they can burn you good.

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Mason Gets a crap load of catches and yards a season he is a great WR in my eyes, plus i like Clayton as well. There WR are not the best, but take your eye off they and they can burn you good.

I will say that the Ravens WR's are not the cream of the NFL, but they aren't that bad. What they've lacked is a QB who can put the ball in their hands. Now I'm not saying that Flacco is that guy right now, but he looks like he's got the potential.

Your offensive line does look good i agree, but against who....the 0-3 Browns with injuries the need a real test this season and will get it from Pittsburgh.

Well, all we've played is the Bengals and the Browns, which matches the Steelers playing the Browns and the Texans. We're behind one game due to Ike. But no one prior to the beginning of September had either the Browns or the Bengals pegged as a 0-3 team. Both were expected to compete with Pittsburgh for the AFC North title, while the Ravens were supposed to left at the bottom. All the Ravens D did is give Palmer the worst game of his NFL career and Anderson didn't fare much better. Yeah, I know, Cincy and Cleveland sucks. But the Bengals almost beat the world champs last Sunday and the Steelers barely squeeked by the "hapless" Browns 10-6. But..... I will be the first to admit that this Monday will be Flacco's and the O line's first real test.

I don't see the Ravens even with good protection marching down the field and killing th clock. Our corners with Ike and Troy the SS have an excellent coverage game.

I don't expect them to march down the field on every drive. But I believe that if we keep the Steelers from scoring and keep Ben on his back, the Steelers D will tire by the end of the 3rd Qtr and the 4th will belong to McClain and McGahee.

Plus i don't see much of a run game from you even with our NT our and the Left DE. So unless Flacco can pass his way to a victory im not sure.

Like I said above, I do not expect big yardage in the air or on the ground all game. But if the Steelers can't keep their offense on the field due to their porous O line, the defense is going to tire by the start of the 4th Qtr, and if so, that's when McClain is going to start getting 5-7 ypc.

It's going to be a classic smashmouth AFC North football game, no matter what the end result.

PalmerSteel
09-25-2008, 05:14 PM
hey cow, why ya spammin with all this non-topic manure?

Penn St Steelers
09-25-2008, 05:20 PM
i think its always interesting to see win projections after a team's first loss and after we get a better feel of everyone else after a few weeks. mine hasnt changed much since the preseason but here it is:

2-1
BALT - W
@JAC- L
@CIN- W
NYG - W
@WAS - L
INDY - W
SD - L
CIN - W
@NE - W
DAL - L
@BAL-W
@TEN-L
CLE - W

10-6. WIN DIVISION

very similiar but I'll replace your loss against the Skins with a win, and your win against the Ravens in Bmore with a loss, and I'll say a win against the Chargers......11-5 is mine

PalmerSteel
11-09-2008, 07:26 PM
BUMP

lilyoder6
11-09-2008, 07:34 PM
i would have 2 say that steelpride has been right so far

PalmerSteel
12-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Balt-W
@Jac-W
@Cin-W
NYG-L (pass rush kills us again)
@Was-W
Indy-W
SD-L
Cin-W
@NE-W
Dal-L
@Bal-W
@Ten-W
Clev-W

12 - 4, win the division. Hopefully no let down games this year
i am glad i was off. the games are off, but great job on your prediction!
:tt: