PDA

View Full Version : Hampton out vs. Ravens

STEELtownHAVOX
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Just got a text from KDKA saying Casey Hampton is out due to a groin injury. 3 starters out, 2 on the D-line. not good. I'm still confident we will be alright.

Dizzle43
09-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the info. We can only hope.

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 01:06 PM
That #93 (I forget his name) who backed up Casey during the pre-season and also has seen some plays is someone who I'm impressed with. He hussels to the ball and he's made some plays for us during the pre-season.

I'm not too concerned with the D-line. Kerskey is going to replace Hoke and he's not bad.

And we got big ol' Aaron Smith still. :D

Edman
09-23-2008, 01:14 PM
We didn't have Hampton for periods last week and the Defense still held the Eagles.

I have to admit, Kirschke and Eason have played admirably so far filling in for Kiesel. Didn't Kirschke lead in tackles last week? Here's to Hoke stepping up for Hampton.

Steeldude
09-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Kerskey is going to replace Hoke and he's not bad

why would kirschke replace hoke? hoke is the backup NT. IMO, hoke plays better than an overweight hampton.

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 01:16 PM
That #93 (I forget his name) who backed up Casey during the pre-season and also has seen some plays is someone who I'm impressed with. He hussels to the ball and he's made some plays for us during the pre-season.

I'm not too concerned with the D-line. Kerskey is going to replace Hoke and he's not bad.

And we got big ol' Aaron Smith still. :D

You are talking about Nick Eason. He's a respectable backup at DE but I'd like to see him play NT a little more before I feel confident about him going in for Big Snack. The Rats are looking good on D, but I'm still not overly impressed with their O, so hopefully we'll get by.

jjpro11
09-23-2008, 01:18 PM
IMO, hoke plays better than an overweight hampton.

IMO you are wrong.

cubanstogie
09-23-2008, 01:22 PM
IMO you are wrong.

I think wrong too, but against the one dimensional Ravens offense I think we can stop the run even without Hampton. I can't see them scoring more than 15 points.Of course we held Philly to 15 and still lost.

steelreserve
09-23-2008, 01:46 PM
When I first saw this, I though, "Oh well, we just picked up an awesome defensive lineman in the draft; we'll use him instead."

Then I remembered that this is not Madden '08 franchise mode, and I was all "Damn."

moedap
09-23-2008, 04:07 PM
I dont know if I would go as far as saying Hoke has been better than Hampton but I will say I havent noticed Hampton playing much better than Hoke. I think Eason and Kirschke show no letdown for Kiesel on the run plays. Its on the pass plays where Kiesel is missed. He may not get the sacks but he narrows the QB's vision when he stands up with his arms up.

lilyoder6
09-23-2008, 04:13 PM
i think hoke will do just as fine.. he has done fine in the past filling in for hampton.. man just get healthy

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Just got a text from KDKA saying Casey Hampton is out due to a groin injury. 3 starters out, 2 on the D-line. not good. I'm still confident we will be alright.

I thought we would have been alright versus the injury depleted Eagles too.

wadester47
09-23-2008, 08:38 PM
it will be ok , like you guys said he wasn't much of a factor last game. Speedy recovery big snack

steelpride12
09-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Hampton plugs those holes up pretty good, but i love watching Hoke play as well. He is a more physical NT and always plays good for the Big Snack.

Kirsche had a high 7 tackles against the eagles and overall looked pretty good on that side, plus Eason and Roye back him up.

Its a killer, but i know the back ups will step up and the LB's will help out big time as well.

lilyoder6
09-23-2008, 09:57 PM
i rly didn't see roye playing unless i wasn't paying attention at that time.. but i think our back-ups are just as good at there jobs.. we should be fine

OneForTheToe
09-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Ok, whose job is it going to be to keep Casey away from the fridge while he is inactive? I got a padlock. Anybody got a heavy chain? - 'cause I got a feelin when ole Casey gets a hankering he would rip a light chain (and anyone in his way) to pieces. :wink02:

Galax Steeler
09-24-2008, 04:28 AM
Hopefully Hampton will be back next week along with all of the other injured players hope our injuries are over for the year.

moedap
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Hampton should take heed to the fact that he is getting older. He might have been able to slack off in his offseason workouts as a younger player but as you get older your muscles and bones dont respond like they use too. Especially with his weight and the added weight of an offense lineman on you muscle pulls are more likely to occur.

lilyoder6
09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
casey just needs a couple of double cheeseburgers and he'll be able to play lol...

Steeldude
09-24-2008, 02:20 PM
IMO you are wrong.

i remember the year hampton went down the defense improved with hoke in. a fit hampton is better, but not a morbidly obese one who barely moves. now he has a groin pull. could it be due to his poor physical conditioning/shape?

one thing we can agree on is, as of now, hoke is better than an injured hampton :hatsoff: