PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Overrated?

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 02:57 PM
The money invested into Big Ben has made him the 2nd most paid quarterback in the National Football League. Many people believe it is well deserved as his resume consists of a Superbowl win along with an appearance in the pro bowl. The Superbowl where he recorded the worst QB rating ever by a quarterback. The Probowl season where Big Ben was sacked the 2nd most in the NFL.

Cowher is gone, Big Ben is dealing with a new coaching staff that put all this money into him. Is the coaching staff bending to Big Ben and does Big Ben feel the authority? Was Big Ben calling out our beloved Hines Ward and the rest of the receiving core a fluke?

Big Ben is known for his blue collar type of strength as he breaks out of sacks to make completions as he is on the run. But is it too much now? Big Ben openly admitted that the 2nd highest sacks recorded last season was not all the lines fault. He guaranteed that half of them sacks were his OWN fault for making the wrong reads and running around in the pocket when he did not need to. His eyes are not down the field as he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.

I'm worried. Does Big Ben want to win a Superbowl or just a Pro Bowl? Does Big Ben know that the money he's getting paid makes nothing his fault? Does the line know that Big Ben is paniced in the pocket everytime he drops back after getting sacked by a fast defense? Does the line know that Big Ben knows the line will get blamed? Is Big Ben causing individuality on the team? Is Big Ben taking more sacks instead of throwing a ball that MIGHT be a completion to save his QB rating? Does 48 sacks not go on QB rating?

I'm not Steeler bashing. I want a humble quarterback that has his head in the game. Big Ben has changed, he throws a pick or an incompletion and gets frustrated at the receivers for not running the right routes.

Big Ben is evading pressure that does not exist and ends up getting toe tackled by a Defensive Lineman that is already blocked. I promise that 8 sacks should've been cut in HALF (equalling Mcnabb's times of being sacked: 3 or 4) if Big Ben stayed in the pocket and had a quick release. The Eagles got into Big Ben's head, a head that should be of one of a 2nd highest paid quarterback in the league.

I pick overrated.

Ego seems to be taking a factor.

I'm worried.

Tommy Maddox. For The Win.

Hammer67
09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
LOL!!!!! People...it's ONE FREAKING GAME!!!!

Man, Steeler fans can sure be over reacting zealots...

Ben broke Bradshaw records last year! Who the hell else do you want, Carson Palmer????

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Please stop. I would pick Ben over any QB in the NFL to build a team around. It's not his fault the O-Line that gets pancaked by Brian Dawkins.

Edman
09-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Troll alert.

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Great replies.

You guys have me convinced.

MACH1
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM
:yawn:

Mosca
09-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm not Steeler bashing. I want a humble quarterback that has his head in the game. Big Ben has changed, he throws a pick or an incompletion and gets frustrated at the receivers for not running the right routes.

So you want... Jim Miller? Mark Malone? Cliff Stoudt? Show me a quarterback without a big ego, and I'll show you an insurance salesman who used to play ball.

SteelMember
09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
I've seen this garbage before, and I don't care for the smell.

Hammer67
09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Great replies.

This thread is ridiculous...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3594747

End of discussion.

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:11 PM
So you want... Jim Miller? Mark Malone? Cliff Stoudt? Show me a quarterback without a big ego, and I'll show you an insurance salesman who used to play ball.

Fair enough, but this was only complimenting my story.

I don't think Big Ben is ready to have an ego, the organization bought him one.

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh for the love of... :doh::banging:

I know I can always count on Steelers "fans" to come through when the going gets rough. :rolleyes:

BurghZ0n3
09-23-2008, 03:14 PM
......... and I'll show you an insurance salesman who used to play ball.

...Ehmmm, let me guess......Maddox, right??? For me, every QB is great within his own era (except Kordell). :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
This thread is ridiculous...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3594747

End of discussion.

It don't matter. I'm sure I can find you in the "Fire Bruce Arian's Thread" preaching that the line could not give Arian's the right play call.

Arian was fired from the Browns. It's a definite weak spot in the coaching staff and the Pittsburgh play calling.

Eagles Defense: Engage Eight.

Something else Big Ben could've done: Madden Play: Y Hot Route. A-Heath Miller-Analog Down. Y Hot Route. B-Santonio Holmes-Short Slant.

Let's pay him some more money.

Edman
09-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Great replies.

Great thread.

You certainly aren't gonna win many friends here with that kind of asinine dumbassery you just posted. Especially when all Ben has done during his time in Pittsburgh is shoulder the blame for this shitty O-Line and win in spite of it. Better change your tune before fansince76 or Hometown shut you down.

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 03:17 PM
It don't matter. I'm sure I can find you in the "Fire Bruce Arian's Thread" preaching that the line could not give Arian's the right play call.

Arian was fired from the Browns. It's a definite weak spot in the coaching staff and the Pittsburgh play calling.

Something else Big Ben could've done: Madden Play: Y Hot Route. A-Heath Miller-Analog Down. Y Hot Route. B-Santonio Holmes-Short Slant.

Unfortunately for you, this ain't Madden.

I think that right there is enough to completely invalidate anything you say from this point forward.

:troll:

Hammer67
09-23-2008, 03:19 PM

Bellicheck was fired from the Browns....so what?

Oh, riiiight, why didn't I think of the Madden controls??! I am sure Ben could have whipped out his Xbox controller and put up 75pts on the Eagles like I did in my franchise!

:laughing:

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Great thread.

You certainly aren't gonna win many friends here with that kind of asinine dumbassery you just posted. Especially when all Ben has done during his time in Pittsburgh is shoulder the blame for this shitty O-Line and win in spite of it. Better change your tune before fansince76 or Hometown shut you down.

You call it dumb but yet have not settled my worry.

I'm a huge Steeler fan and will always be one. Having said that: I will gladly point out the weak spots and criticize what's wrong with the team. You blaming the O line does not settle my worry.

Please:you bash the O LINE as if It's justice but when I get on Big Ben you have your period.

Difference in opinions and you're losing your head as Big Ben did in the Eagles game. :)

SteelMember
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM

I don't think Ben has a PS controller as part of the uniform.:noidea:

What's next, Fantasy Statistics?:doh:

MACH1
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM

Maybe you should be the coach. Yelling to Ben on the field "blue button, blue button" :doh:

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 03:21 PM
You call it dumb but yet have not settled my worry.

I'm a huge Steeler fan and will always be one. Having said that: I will gladly point out the weak spots and criticize what's wrong with the team. You blaming the O line does not settle my worry.

Please:you bash the O LINE as if It's justice but when I get on Big Ben you have your period.

Difference in opinions and you're losing your head as Big Ben did in the Eagles game. :)

You're about as much of a Steelers fan as I am a Pats* fan. In other words, there's no chance in hell. But just in case you are, Mr. Peabody, all you have done is validate what I have been saying around here for the past 2+ years - that Steelers fans are spoiled, fickle and fair-weathered.

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:23 PM
I'll clarifiy: The madden controls I displayed is how you hot route on Madden.

My point: Send Heath on a curl and Santonio on a Slant while Eagles engaged eight and It's 18 yards. Big Ben couldn't hot route with all the genius plays the Eagles were running on defense.

Don't believe me?

Cowboys-41
Steelers-6

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 03:24 PM

My point: Send Heath on a curl and Santonio on a Slant while Eagles engaged eight and It's 18 yards. Big Ben couldn't hot route with all the genius plays the Eagles were running on defense.

Don't believe me?

Cowboys-41
Steelers-6

And again, the NFL ain't Madden.

Keep digging yourself a hole there, genius.

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:25 PM
And again, the NFL ain't Madden.

Keep digging yourself a hole there, genius.

Nice one.

I think I missed the part where you explained why Romo put 41 up on the Eagles blitz.

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
http://www.priory-campus.co.uk/dreamweaver/danieltaylor/pics/the%20grim%20reaper.jpg

Hammer67
09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Nice one.

I think I missed the part where you explained why Romo put 41 up on the Eagles blitz.

Because the Eagles barely blitzed in that game....

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Because the Eagles barely blitzed in that game....

Almost right. They blitzed in the beginning then realized they were getting shreded by 4 yard routes. Dawkins was in Romo's face and the ball was gone.

They quit blitzing since they were getting shredded by blitzing.

Your boy Arian and Big Ben couldn't figure that out.

Give him some more money.

MACH1
09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
We should get our next game plan off Madden and put big colored stickers on the receivers.

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Nice one.

Um, no I didn't.

I'm not the one using friggin MADDEN to make whatever point you're trying to make.

Why not just say that Ben sucks and that the Steelers should bench him, like other typical Steelers fans? Oh wait, you already did. Silly me.

ONE game, and the idiots come out in full-force. It happens every single year.

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:31 PM
We should get our next game plan off Madden and put big colored stickers on the receivers.

Now you're thinking. Maybe Big Ben will hot route a little better since he doesn't at all.

:)

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Why not just say that Ben sucks and that the Steelers should bench him, like other typical Steelers fans? Oh wait, you already did. Silly me.

Quote where I said he should be benched.

And you still haven't explained why the Cowboys put up 41 on the Eagles.

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM

I think it was already mentioned. The Eagles didn't blitz nearly as much as they did against the Steelers, and thus Romo had all day to throw.

And you may as well say Ben should be benched. You've certainly said that he sucks.

Mosca
09-23-2008, 03:35 PM
You know what? They should screw the real NFL, and just have the QBs play Madden against each other. That would be so much more cool, and they could pipe it right to our TVs. And then you could make everything so much simpler!

SteelMember
This all seems eerily familiar. I think there's a ghost in here.:chuckle:

MACH1
Now you're thinking. Maybe Big Ben will hot route a little better since he doesn't at all.

Kind of hard to do when your laying flat on your back.

OneForTheToe
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM

Five touchdowns and two field goals?:noidea:

:violin:

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
This all seems eerily familiar. I think there's a ghost in here.:chuckle:

I'm getting the same vibes.

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
I think it was already mentioned. The Eagles didn't blitz nearly as much as they did against the Steelers, and thus Romo had all day to throw.

And you may as well say Ben should be benched. You've certainly said that he sucks.

Not at all, I said Big Ben is overrated. Big Ben does enough but, he definitley needs to get the ball out of his hands faster.

The fact that we pay him so much may make the coaching staff not attempt to fix what he does. He doesn't audible, he doesn't hot route. He was sacked 2nd most last season, this isn't just this "typical" game.

EVEN IF YOU BLAME THE LINE: Big Ben has to make it better. The quarterback is everything, BIG BEN is the 2nd highest quarterback and should make good reads instead of running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Do you not agree? Do you not think that Big Ben needs to be stouter in the pocket?

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
And might I also add . . . .

http://www.dollreference.com/images/mortimer30snerd1969.jpg

Beauchamp
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Time to find another Forum.

"BIG BEN GOOD HE GET MONEY HE WON SUPERBOWL IT BE THE LINE"

I can't deal with this. You guys can't take criticism and you guys settle for a loss.

"It's the Lines fault Beauchamp! THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO BLOCK 8 DEFENDERS BLITZING!"

Your guys logic is flawless.

MACH1
09-23-2008, 03:44 PM

I can't deal with this. You guys can't take criticism and you guys settle for a loss.

"It's the Lines fault Beauchamp! THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO BLOCK 8 DEFENDERS BLITZING!"

And comparing the NFL to Madden take a genius. :wave:

The_WARDen
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
The money invested into Big Ben has made him the 2nd most paid quarterback in the National Football League. Many people believe it is well deserved as his resume consists of a Superbowl win along with an appearance in the pro bowl. The Superbowl where he recorded the worst QB rating ever by a quarterback. The Probowl season where Big Ben was sacked the 2nd most in the NFL.

Cowher is gone, Big Ben is dealing with a new coaching staff that put all this money into him. Is the coaching staff bending to Big Ben and does Big Ben feel the authority? Was Big Ben calling out our beloved Hines Ward and the rest of the receiving core a fluke?

Big Ben is known for his blue collar type of strength as he breaks out of sacks to make completions as he is on the run. But is it too much now? Big Ben openly admitted that the 2nd highest sacks recorded last season was not all the lines fault. He guaranteed that half of them sacks were his OWN fault for making the wrong reads and running around in the pocket when he did not need to. His eyes are not down the field as he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.

I'm worried. Does Big Ben want to win a Superbowl or just a Pro Bowl? Does Big Ben know that the money he's getting paid makes nothing his fault? Does the line know that Big Ben is paniced in the pocket everytime he drops back after getting sacked by a fast defense? Does the line know that Big Ben knows the line will get blamed? Is Big Ben causing individuality on the team? Is Big Ben taking more sacks instead of throwing a ball that MIGHT be a completion to save his QB rating? Does 48 sacks not go on QB rating?

Big Ben is evading pressure that does not exist and ends up getting toe tackled by a Defensive Lineman that is already blocked. I promise that 8 sacks should've been cut in HALF (equalling Mcnabb's times of being sacked: 3 or 4) if Big Ben stayed in the pocket and had a quick release. The Eagles got into Big Ben's head, a head that should be of one of a 2nd highest paid quarterback in the league.

I pick overrated.

Ego seems to be taking a factor.

I'm worried.

Tommy Maddox. For The Win.

You're an idiot. For The Win.

:coffee:

SteelMember
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM

Hurt in brain, asprin need.

Dodt
09-23-2008, 03:53 PM
i wish i had the free time to go to random forums bash and flame . somebody give this kids a psone and copy of madden 99 . so he can show us old farts how good olde slash could of won us 3 superbowls.

Sharkissle29
09-23-2008, 03:54 PM
why did i read this entire thread?

moedap
09-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Beauchamp I am a Steelers fan who can admit that a lot of the sacks Ben takes is due to his weakness with recognizing the hot reads and getting rid of the ball on blitzes but that doesnt make him overrated. I would say he is underrated if the rating systems you are using comes from press and tv coverage outside of Pittsburgh. Do the Steelers homers overlook his weakness? Definitely. But its his inate ability to win more than lose plus the confidence he has instilled in the players around him which endears him to so many Steelers faithful.

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 04:03 PM

:wave:

Please mind the ass-door interface on your way out!

Leftoverhard
09-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Maddox? Really? I'll be Q-tipping my ears for days. That's one interesting opinion.

The Duke
09-23-2008, 04:11 PM

Don't believe me?

Cowboys-41
Steelers-6

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Madden?? are u freakin kidding me? madden!!

I understand people may not like ben, but this is ridiculous.

what is it with some of our fans? a simple loss and everything's going to hell

Mosca
09-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Not even a very good troll. It only lasted a short while and was gone. There's no joy in that.

lilyoder6
09-23-2008, 04:17 PM
wow.. i rly can't beleive i wasted my time reading this. i think reading Beauchamp posts has lowered my iq..

but u know in madden i i i kicked a 75 yrd fg.. so y can't these kickers in the nfl kick him?!?!?!?

Hammer67
09-23-2008, 04:19 PM

:)

Really????

To quote Hines Ward:

"Yes, it starts with protection," Ward said, "but we had guys breaking hots, we missed some hots and sometimes that saves some hits of your quarterback.
"We had different guys blocking different guys. A lot of guys were thinking. When you're thinking out there, you're losing your proper technique and consequently you're going to get beat one on one. You do think you have a guy, but you don't know if it's the right guy or not.
"We have to see that defensive front again and have everyone on the same page and make sure we pick up those fronts. It wasn't that different a blitz but we had two guys on one man and let one go free and consequently Ben got hit on a lot of those plays."
Ward peppered everyone with blame.
"The quarterbacks, receivers, tight ends, running backs," he stated. "The quarterbacks missing hots, the receivers missing hots, the tight ends missing hots."
And that's not all.
"We thought one protection slid the other way but it actually was to the right. There were times we thought we were hot on the right when actually we were hot on the left. It's a matter of not having 11 guys on the same page."
And that's not all.
"When we tried to run [the snap] on 'three' it was just a matter of losing focus. Big Juicy [guard Chris Kemoeatu], we told everyone on 'three, on three.' He jumps on 'three;' it's a lack of concentration."

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08267/914308-66.stm

Next??

Dino 6 Rings
09-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh man, this troll is gone?

No wonder he didn't reply to my "you sir" post in an earlier Ben Bashing thread.

Dang it.

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh man, this troll is gone?

No wonder he didn't reply to my "you sir" post in an earlier Ben Bashing thread.

Dang it.

I don't view this guy as a bona fide :troll: Dino. More like an armchair Ben hater.

Yesterday's winner of the official SF Dick of the Day contest was given his prize (a boot in the ass) and sent spiraling back into cyberspace. :applaudit:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-23-2008, 05:55 PM
:coffee:WOW!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
09-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Why the Cowboys put up 41 on the Eagles:

Their offensive line could actually sustain a block long enough for Tony Romo throw the ball.

It doesn't matter what hot routes were or were not called, the offensive line could not sustain a block to save it's life. The moment the ball was snapped, there was a defensive player in his face.

Is Ben the reason for some of his sacks? Yes, he does hold on to the ball. But often he'll end up making a big play by doing so,

In the second game against the Browns last season, if he throws the ball away instead of rumbling 30 yards for a TD we lose that game and the Browns win the division.

If our offensive line could sustain their blocks somewhat, Ben wouldn't be the second most sacked QB over the past few seasons.

And one loss, and all these trolls come out to bash the Steelers. Anyone notice how most of these "fans" joined after the Eagles game and have less than 50 posts.

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm a Ravens fan and I'm looking/hoping for a win in Pittsburgh this Monday.

I'd take Roethlisberger on my offense in a New York second.

Stylez1877
09-23-2008, 07:14 PM

Good luck. You will be greeted with the same responses if you continue to spew the same idiocy.

So, 4th quarter. Eagles send 4. We have 5 on the line, a RB, and Heath all blocking. Within ben's drop back both ends of their Dline are at ben. The result is a safety.
Explain what protection he should have called? It was already max protection. THE LINE GOT BEAT.
More than half the sacks.
THE LINE GOT BEAT.
No protection Ben could call would have stopped the line from getting beat, get that through your head!!
He could have 3step drop and threw a slant right away and there would still be someone in his face. In that case, he throws it and it is intercepted for 6. Then you are crying about Ben and his horrible decision making and how could we pay him so much $$$.
Go away troll.

slippy
09-23-2008, 07:20 PM
does anyone remember the week 4 game last year, giants vs. eagles?

NY sacked mcnabb 12 times. yes twelve times! Osi had six by himself. and mostly from a 4 and 5 man rush.

whatever you may think of mcnabb, he is a master af the 4 yard quick release pass.

steel striker
09-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Has this guy lost his mind? Who was the youngest qb to win a super bowl? Big Ben. There is something called an offensive line on sunday they did not show up PERIOD. Name a qb that would have done anything with that pressure? The ball was hiked and, after 2 seconds three guys are all over him. Give me a break.

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2008, 08:11 PM
i don't understand why anybody even dignified this thread with a responce....don't feed the trolls, and they'll go away !!!

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm a Ravens fan and I'm looking/hoping for a win in Pittsburgh this Monday.

I'd take Roethlisberger on my offense in a New York second.

Welcome to the forum Crow-Magnon! :wave:

I think if I were in your purple shoes, I'd take just about anyone over some of the QB's the Rats have had in recent years.

Here's to an injury free game on MNF! :drink:

wadester47
09-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Well whom would you want In the leauge? How bout nobody- best quarter back when he had time. I believe in the steelers and I believe that we will turn things around. don't take the south street bridge just yet. .....

revefsreleets
09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I just jumped to the end of this RETARDED thread.

Can we judge on the body of work and not just one performance?

Seriously, the idiocy is getting out of hand...

lilyoder6
09-23-2008, 08:33 PM
some ppl can't do that rev.. i mean evrytime we lose it's bench ben or fire arians... and it seems these start up a lot more and a lot quicker these days

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Welcome to the forum Crow-Magnon! :wave:

I think if I were in your purple shoes, I'd take just about anyone over some of the QB's the Rats have had in recent years.

Here's to an injury free game on MNF! :drink:

Thanks for the welcome!

I sincerely hope Flacco is the answer we've been searching for at QB, because, as you say, the Ravens have been searching for years!

An injury-free game would be nice, but I don't think that's going to happen. The Steelers and Ravens play each other too hard for that to happen.

14dathum
09-23-2008, 08:39 PM
yea he is overrated......thought that since day one

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 08:42 PM
yea he is overrated......thought that since day one

Did you think he was overrated in 2005? :noidea:

Texasteel
09-23-2008, 08:43 PM
:troll: I think someone mentioned the fact that since the lose on Sunday we have gotten a whole bunch of new members, almost all posting this type of trash. I think we have been over run be trolls. :troll:
They have nothing better to do, their teams suck.

43Hitman
09-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Usually from newly signed up members...They never last...the trolls will move on eventually.

Polamalu Princess
09-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Overrated??? I do not think so!:doh:

How can any intelligent person judge Ben after this last game – come on! The OL better get their asses in gear and start doing the job they are paid to do. Blame anyone you want, but give Ben a break – at LEAST for this past game.

Polamalu Princess
09-23-2008, 08:49 PM
:troll: I think someone mentioned the fact that since the lose on Sunday we have gotten a whole bunch of new members, almost all posting this type of trash. I think we have been over run be trolls. :troll:
They have nothing better to do, their teams suck.

You are right - I agree tenfold. People love to start trouble.:blah::blah::blah::blah:

thebus36idf
09-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey guys take it easy.
I too stopped making some posts, because I made a simple comment, about something I think could of helped, and my fellow fans jumped on me like I was some kind of steeler hating fair weather fan. Which I assure you I'm not. I don't spend 350.00 per ticket every year because I'm fair weather. I wasn't one of the guy leaving early in the regular season game against Jacksonville because it was too cold or because a comeback seemed hopeless. I'm ceartainly not driving all night after catering a wedding to Jacksonville too see a gamein teo weeks because I'm a bandwagon fan. The guy was simply saying that Ben needs to stop being so happy in the feet, and check down to heath or a hot read. It was obvious they were coming over, and over, and where was the audible or the quick slant? complete a couple of these, and you'll put a stop to the excessive blitz. Yes the O-line stunk, however lets not forget that Byron hit heath twice in a row. I don't believe Ben hit him but once the whole game. It would be nice if someone could come to a fan forum, and make a statement, and not get ripped to shreds. :tt:

steelpride12
09-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Ok everyone cut Ben, Willie, Ward, and Troy, Fire Tomlin and kill the Rooneys!
GIVE ME A BREAK!
Its one stinking game with some mistakes our offensive line has been terrible for three years and we still make the playoffs almost every year because we ADJUST. Calm down.

lilyoder6
09-23-2008, 09:59 PM
u forgot to fire bruce baby.. and we need to bring back kuhn!!!

X-Terminator
09-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey guys take it easy.
I too stopped making some posts, because I made a simple comment, about something I think could of helped, and my fellow fans jumped on me like I was some kind of steeler hating fair weather fan. Which I assure you I'm not. I don't spend 350.00 per ticket every year because I'm fair weather. I wasn't one of the guy leaving early in the regular season game against Jacksonville because it was too cold or because a comeback seemed hopeless. I'm ceartainly not driving all night after catering a wedding to Jacksonville too see a gamein teo weeks because I'm a bandwagon fan. The guy was simply saying that Ben needs to stop being so happy in the feet, and check down to heath or a hot read. It was obvious they were coming over, and over, and where was the audible or the quick slant? complete a couple of these, and you'll put a stop to the excessive blitz. Yes the O-line stunk, however lets not forget that Byron hit heath twice in a row. I don't believe Ben hit him but once the whole game. It would be nice if someone could come to a fan forum, and make a statement, and not get ripped to shreds. :tt:

There's just one small problem with your assessment there. Read the title of this thread and his first few responses, and then come back and give me one reason why this clown should have received a warmer welcome than he got. If he had simply said what you stated, the WAY you stated it, he wouldn't have gotten his ass held over an open flame like those old aluminum Jiffy Pop containers. There's a difference between coming to a fan forum and making a statement, and coming on a fan forum shooting off your mouth and spewing complete lunacy, while expecting other members to take you seriously. Not here, buddy.

Galax Steeler
09-24-2008, 04:32 AM
Troll alert.

I think you hit the nail right on the head.

Hammer67
09-24-2008, 07:51 AM
There's just one small problem with your assessment there. Read the title of this thread and his first few responses, and then come back and give me one reason why this clown should have received a warmer welcome than he got. If he had simply said what you stated, the WAY you stated it, he wouldn't have gotten his ass held over an open flame like those old aluminum Jiffy Pop containers. There's a difference between coming to a fan forum and making a statement, and coming on a fan forum shooting off your mouth and spewing complete lunacy, while expecting other members to take you seriously. Not here, buddy.

Too true...I have my reservations about aspects of the team but, come on, kneejerk reactions with ridiculous conclusions just deserve to be smacked around...the guy was using Madden button analogies...LOL!

memphissteelergirl
09-24-2008, 10:30 AM

:thumbsup::applaudit::hatsoff:

stlrtruck
09-24-2008, 10:38 AM
It seems to me that some people are sounding like a bunch of patriots* fans after this one....wahwahwahwahwahwahwah.

As it's been stated, it's one game.

Move Forward - it wasn't the Super Bowl and we've got the ratbirds up next. Focus, and make someone else pay for this last one - Flacco!

HometownGal
09-24-2008, 10:45 AM
It seems to me that some people are sounding like a bunch of patriots* fans after this one....wahwahwahwahwahwahwah.

As it's been stated, it's one game.

Move Forward - it wasn't the Super Bowl and we've got the ratbirds up next. Focus, and make someone else pay for this last one - Flacco!

AMEN Brother!!! :applaudit::thumbsup::tt03:

missedgehead
09-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Beauchamp I am a Steelers fan who can admit that a lot of the sacks Ben takes is due to his weakness with recognizing the hot reads and getting rid of the ball on blitzes but that doesnt make him overrated. I would say he is underrated if the rating systems you are using comes from press and tv coverage outside of Pittsburgh. Do the Steelers homers overlook his weakness? Definitely. But its his inate ability to win more than lose plus the confidence he has instilled in the players around him which endears him to so many Steelers faithful.

This is pretty much my assessment of Ben. Ben is UNDERRATED. As a Steeler fan, alot of times, even though during the game when he makes mistakes like not recognizing the hot read like moedap points out or holds the ball too long I get ticked off, but alot of times, I over look it. What I admire about him is his ability to win more than lose and his toughness and ruggedness and carry the team to victory no matter what the idiots on BSPN say. Certainly NOT overrated.:tt02:

lilyoder6
09-24-2008, 12:15 PM
ben is def not over-rated.. he does a lot for this team.. ben will come back on mon and show what he can do

JackHammer
09-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Ben wins games despite his little flaws and despite the way o-line often plays. He has some improving to do, no doubt. That's what makes him all the more scary in the long run. Makes happy to know that we locked him up for the long term.

revefsreleets
09-24-2008, 12:36 PM
He is EXACTLY what we knew we'd get. He's a bit of a gunslinger, and always has been. He's going to hold the ball sometimes to try and make plays, and sometimes it's gonna result in something spectacular, and sometimes he's just gonna take a sack. that's the way it was, is and always will be.

Overrated...laughable.

7/39/43
09-24-2008, 09:14 PM
not overrated just under protected. when he is he is great when not he can only go so far. I myself (5-10 180) could of ran through that o-line, I believe Ben will show you what he is made of. YOU must be a Brady boy

iloveben7
09-25-2008, 01:00 AM
You're a troll and Ben is UNDERRATED

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 08:21 AM
You're a troll and Ben is UNDERRATED

Underrated by who?

I think almost every knowledgeable football guru would place Roethlisberger amongst the top-tier QB's in the NFL. Easily in the top 10; maybe in the top 5.

I don't think he's #1, but I'l take a #5 or a #7 any day of the week when I have good WR's and a pounding defense.

Penn St Steelers
09-25-2008, 09:36 AM
just look at his record over his entire career and his playoff record and should I say his SB record.....and this discussion is over after that........

elite no, but there are probably only 2 elite QB's in the NFL anyways (Brady, Manning)

steelpride12
09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Are we seriously going to keep this thread going. Ben overrated...i thought this was a joke.
Ben is second to only Brady, and Romo, and Manninh and everyone would be dumb to not believe that.
You can't complain Ben comes in after going 15-1 losses the AFC championship to the Cheatriots and the next season goes 11-5 and wins the SB. I don't know about you, but thats pretty good.

The Duke
09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Are we seriously going to keep this thread going. Ben overrated...i thought this was a joke.
Ben is second to only Brady, and Romo, and Manninh and everyone would be dumb to not believe that.

I'll give you brady and manning( and possibly brees and favre) but romo is no way better than ben. he's a choker, and has an amazing oline, without it he's nothing

I'd like to see him playing with the steelers oline :injured:

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Underrated by who?

I think almost every knowledgeable football guru would place Roethlisberger amongst the top-tier QB's in the NFL. Easily in the top 10; maybe in the top 5.

I don't think he's #1, but I'l take a #5 or a #7 any day of the week when I have good WR's and a pounding defense.

Who in the EFF do you have in spots 3-4 and 5? Joe Flacco?

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Who in the EFF do you have in spots 3-4 and 5? Joe Flacco?

I wasn't being specific, just generalizing.

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 07:13 PM
I'd LOVE to hear you have at 2-5. Thrall us with your football acumen...

Preacher
09-25-2008, 07:20 PM
This thread has convinced me.

Ben Sucks....

Is Kordell available?

http://www.eighth-avenue.com/steelers/images/usuck.jpg

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 07:27 PM
I'd LOVE to hear you have at 2-5. Thrall us with your football acumen...

Well, I'd put Brady, Romo and Brees in there somewhere. Happy now? Did I thrall you?

43Hitman
09-25-2008, 07:44 PM
This thread has convinced me.

Ben Sucks....

Is Kordell available?

http://www.eighth-avenue.com/steelers/images/usuck.jpg

I'd rather have Kuhn..he's all world!:chuckle:

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Well, I'd put Brady, Romo and Brees in there somewhere. Happy now? Did I thrall you?

Romo is Ben-Lite, and Brees lacks escapabilty. Both would be slaughtered if they had to play behind the Steelers OL of last year or last week.

Try again?

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Romo is Ben-Lite, and Brees lacks escapabilty. Both would be slaughtered if they had to play behind the Steelers OL of last year or last week.

Try again?

Ok, you know best. Ben kicks Peyton and Brady's ass, too. He's #1. :popcorn:

stillers4me
09-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok, you know best. Ben kicks Peyton and Brady's ass, too. He's #1. :popcorn:

Damn straight. :wave:

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Actually, truth be told, if Peyton or Brady were playing behind last years Steelers line, their numbers would have suffered demonstrably...

stillers4me
09-25-2008, 07:58 PM
You know, the funny thing is, that with everybody ragging on Ben and the Steelers this week, it was noted that Ben fully participated in practice this week, and it's McNabb who's not practiced due to injuries sustained in the game.

So much for the "Ben is fragile" mantra.

cubanstogie
09-25-2008, 08:05 PM
You know, the funny thing is, that with everybody ragging on Ben and the Steelers this week, it was noted that Ben fully participated in practice this week, and it's McNabb who's not practiced due to injuries sustained in the game.

So much for the "Ben is fragile" mantra.

I can understand criticism for holding ball, it goes with territory. Cost of doing business in my mind. But I cant understand the fragile stigma. The guys neck was twisted 180 degrees on that facemask and he was hit 80 percent of the offensive snaps for crying out loud. I actually have a new found respect for Ben. I have never seen him blame line for sacks, receivers for dropping balls, or rb's for blown assignments. Unlike Manning, Brady, Rivers who always seem to be on the RAG.

tony hipchest
09-25-2008, 11:07 PM
The guys neck was twisted 180 degrees on that facemask and he was hit 80 percent of the offensive snaps for crying out loud. .

i swear it seems like ben coulda been carted off or limping off the field 4-5 times this year.

dudes tough as nails and gets a free pass on just about anything as far as im concerned.

steel9guy
09-25-2008, 11:18 PM
This is crazy. Ben Roethlisberger won a superbowl in his 2nd year and he broke Bradshaws records last year. Of course he's not overrated he just has a really bad offensive line.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Ok last time I checked a team loses a game not one player....Did Ben miss some freaking hot reads?....Yes he did and also held onto the ball to long on two of the sacks.....But overall the OL and the Steelers game plan deserve blame as well...

I also would like to know why Ben took the play clock down to one to many times...He didn't leave any time to audible...But the Steelers use alot of pre snap motion so that could be why Ben didn't have time to audible....

I think Bruce Arians needs to ditch the bunch formation....Its not a good formation to use when a team is blitzing as much as the Eagles did....

The Steelers offense had a bad day and I blame the entire offense from Arians, Ben, WRs, RBs, and mainly the OL for the loss....But its just one game......Still 13 to be played...

As for the question is Ben over-rated.....One bad game doesn't make him over-rated...lol

No QB would have succeeded behind that mess last Sunday......If Ben had an OL like Romo and TO then Ben would make Romo look like complete pig shit........The Steelers WRs are good but they don't dictate coverage like TO does....

SteelMember
09-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Well, Squawk, Squawk, I'd put Brady, Romo and Brees in there somewhere. Happy now? Did I thrall you?

Not so much.:flap:

Ok, you know best, Squawk. Ben kicks Peyton and Brady's ass,too.,Squawk, Squawk. He's #1. :popcorn:mmm, popcorn goes in here:drooling:

Now you're on to something.:thumbsup:

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 06:43 PM
We forget how Big Ben won a Superbowl and got his record above mediocre.

Does anyone remember the statistic Big Ben's passing attempts being over 20? This was not very long ago and I believe it was a very bad statistic since it came away from the run.

You guys refer to the past of Big Ben and what made him great: What made us great and what made us win the superbowl was Big Ben going 15-19 167 yards, 2 TD.

I have not yet seen Big Ben win a game by himself. For you guys to say he's underrated, That's where he NEEDS to be.

Cowher football won the Superbowl. Not Big Ben. Check the QB rating in the Superbowl game and tell me again if Big Ben won it.

Big Ben does enough, don't get me wrong. But to put the game in his hands has not yet payed off for the Steelers.

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 06:47 PM
To even call me a troll or say my post is retarded shows how simple minded you are.

Read the subject and realize at the end it has a question mark. This was open for opinion but not for harassment.

Trolling is trolling.

Simple minded is simple minded.

fansince'76
09-28-2008, 06:48 PM
We forget how Big Ben won a Superbowl and got his record above mediocre.

Does anyone remember the statistic Big Ben's passing attempts being over 20? This was not very long ago and I believe it was a very bad statistic since it came away from the run.

You guys refer to the past of Big Ben and what made him great: What made us great and what made us win the superbowl was Big Ben going 15-19 167 yards, 2 TD.

I have not yet seen Big Ben win a game by himself. For you guys to say he's underrated, That's where he NEEDS to be.

Cowher football won the Superbowl. Not Big Ben. Check the QB rating in the Superbowl game and tell me again if Big Ben won it.

Big Ben does enough, don't get me wrong. But to put the game in his hands has not yet payed off for the Steelers.

2005 AFCCG:

Ben: 21-29, 275 yards, 2 TD, and he ran for another TD.

Running game: 33 rushes, 90 yards, 2.7 YPC.

Once again, you show that you don't know what you're talking about. STFU already.

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
2005 AFCCG:

Ben: 21-29, 275 yards, 2 TD, and he ran for another TD.

Running game: 33 rushes, 90 yards, 2.7 YPC.

Once again, you show that you don't know what you're talking about. STFU already.

I forgot where you said his QB rating was the record lowest "22.6".

I can definitley see consistency isn't the best way to describe Big Ben. Once again: Overrated.

How bout you stfu already.

fansince'76
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I forgot where you said his QB rating was the record lowest "22.6".

I just showed where he pretty much singlehandedly got us to that SB in the first place. It wasn't our running game that won us the AFC championship that year, genius.

fansince'76
09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
How bout you stfu already.

If I was making an ignorant ass of myself, maybe I would. So why don't you take the hint already?

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I just showed where he pretty much singlehandedly got us to that SB in the first place. It wasn't our running game that won us the AFC championship that year, genius.

How nice to know you want your QB clutching in a AFC championship game rather than a clutch Superbowl.

Consistency is Big Ben's game that's for sure.

fansince'76
09-28-2008, 06:55 PM
How nice to know you want your QB clutching in a AFC championship game rather than a clutch Superbowl.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
If I was making an ignorant ass of myself, maybe I would. So why don't you take the hint already?

Ignorant? I made a thread worth 12 pages, how ignorant can it be?

Take a walk bud. Your preaching in the wrong thread.

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
i would have to say that when ben was a rookie.. and they were playing dallas.. ben put the game in his hands and i beleive we came back and won

fansince'76
09-28-2008, 07:00 PM

Faneca walked because of Ben? The EPITOME of ignorance. And I'll post where and what I damn well please.

Crushzilla
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't think there are many people on this board that would NOT say that Pittsburgh's bread and butter is the run game.

When the run game breaks down... Ben can take over.

Note the Cleveland game last season, where he scrambled for the 30+ TD run.

That's what he does. If I gave more of a sh*t I would do stat digging.

Ben is a perfect fit for what we need. He didn't even have time for his second read last week. OF COURSE he said it wasn't all the lines fault. Even if it were, is he supposed to throw them under the bus?

He had a poor QB rating in the Superbowl. Fact.

Steelers still win, though... That speaks volumes about the team's true strengths.

Strong defense, strong run.

As for not meshing well with the new coaching staff... Where's the proof? Is it because they didn't win the Super Bowl?

The Jacksonville game is all on Ben? I guess Ben missing the tackle on Garrard and NOT Tyrone Carter.

Even then... I don't put that game on Carter's shoulders.

Look around the league. You lock up quarterbacks that mesh with your team and play to your strengths.

For less money we could have Brodie Croyle, Rex Grossman, Jon Kitna, Tavaris Jackson, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel... ehh.. screw it.

I think I'll let the Rooneys spend their bread for a leader.

steelwall
09-28-2008, 07:40 PM

You dumba$$ you're on a Steelers board and trash talking our most valuable player....you don't expect feedback?? I have an idea, you take a walk.:wave:

HometownGal
09-28-2008, 07:57 PM

http://www.farmanimalrescue.org.uk/imagery/farm-animal-rescue-sanctuary-animals/june-ewe.jpg

HAVE THE

http://www.oar.uiuc.edu/future/campuslife/photos/images/lg_classroom.jpg

OF A

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1786340/2/istockphoto_1786340_parenting_battlegrounds_the_br ussel_sprout.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2008, 08:02 PM

Wow, some one hates Big Ben...sounds like a former poster that was banned to me...what's your first name? Does it begin with a J by chance?

Edman
09-28-2008, 08:03 PM
The amount of pages on a thread is not indicative of it's intelligence. Notice how it's popped up after Ben has a bad game? Where were you after Cleveland? After Houston? I'll tell you where you were, in hiding, and waiting for the right moment when Ben has a bad day to spout your bullsh*t.

This very same thing happened last year after the Arizona loss. Some douchebag starts a thread wondering if Ben was the long term answer.

You're the assclown who brought up ridiculous arguments like Madden. Not once, but several times. You are a worthless troll who will go back in hiding when Ben lights up Baltimore like a christmas tree on Monday.

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 08:58 PM
The amount of pages on a thread is not indicative of it's intelligence. Notice how it's popped up after Ben has a bad game? Where were you after Cleveland? After Houston? I'll tell you where you were, in hiding, and waiting for the right moment when Ben has a bad day to spout your bullsh*t.

This very same thing happened last year after the Arizona loss. Some douchebag starts a thread wondering if Ben was the long term answer.

You're the assclown who brought up ridiculous arguments like Madden. Not once, but several times. You are a worthless troll who will go back in hiding when Ben lights up Baltimore like a christmas tree on Monday.

I love how people call me unintelligent and then end there paragraph by calling me an assclown.

You act as if I treat you guys with any credibility with the hypocracy you bring to the table. I'm as much as a Steeler fan as you guys are but I am also open to critcism, that's one dimension you guys lack. Your bias opinions of saying the Steelers are stout for a superbowl every season should strip you of your opinion.

Anyway, back onto the matter of my "unintelligent" discussion: The 3 games you guys gave me as an example does not prove that Big Ben should be the 2nd highest paid quarterback in the game. In fact: THE PROOF you guys have broughten me in everyone of your threads has not YET justified in Big Ben being the 2nd highest paid quarter back.

So: The ratio of games Big Ben won himself with the money he earns is a bit MUCH.

The formula I listed directly above would equal to something such as: Probably overrated.

Note this: Not once have I said Big Ben sucked, Not once have I said Big Ben can't win, Not once have I said I hated the Steelers.

Alls I said: Big Ben is overrated and you guys are having your period.

I'm unintelligent. I'll take your word for it.

Keep em comin.

Steelman16
09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I love how people call me unintelligent and then end there paragraph by calling me an assclown.

You act as if I treat you guys with any credibility with the hypocracy you bring to the table. I'm as much as a Steeler fan as you guys are but I am also open to critcism, that's one dimension you guys lack. Your bias opinions of saying the Steelers are stout for a superbowl every season should strip you of your opinion.

Anyway, back onto the matter of my "unintelligent" discussion: The 3 games you guys gave me as an example does not prove that Big Ben should be the 2nd highest paid quarterback in the game. In fact: THE PROOF you guys have broughten me in everyone of your threads has not YET justified in Big Ben being the 2nd highest paid quarter back.

So: The ratio of games Big Ben won himself with the money he earns is a bit MUCH.

The formula I listed directly above would equal to something such as: Probably overrated.

Note this: Not once have I said Big Ben sucked, Not once have I said Big Ben can't win, Not once have I said I hated the Steelers.

Keep em comin.

I suppose you'd be overrated too, if you were calling signals behind that line. Not to mention a 4-2 playoff record, including a Super Bowl win.

Speaking of earning a lot of money and overrated...

What about Tony Romo? Philip Rivers? Big Ben is away beyond both of those guys in terms of accomplishment.

fansince'76
09-28-2008, 09:06 PM
You act as if I treat you guys with any credibility with the hypocracy you bring to the table.

By the same token, I can't take ANYBODY who uses references to Madden '09 to make their points seriously. Please, give me a break. :coffee:

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 09:07 PM
I suppose you'd be overrated too, if you were calling signals behind that line. Not to mention a 4-2 playoff record, including a Super Bowl win.

Interesting that you say a Superbowl win and you put on Big Ben's stat sheet.

22.6 rating.

You sure you wanna credit Big Ben?

I get why you guys don't think he's overrated, It's lucky we had a Cowher and a good team for the majority of his career.

I don't expect you to remember that, go bias yourself somewhere else.

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 09:08 PM
By the same token, I can't take ANYBODY who uses references to Madden '09 to make their points seriously. Please, give me a break. :coffee:

Your post means nothing.

Go somewhere.

Big D
09-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Your post means nothing.

Go somewhere.

let me guess, bengals fan?

MACH1
09-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Your post means nothing.

Go somewhere.

Assclown. Asshat :noidea:

fansince'76
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Your post means nothing.

Much like your asinine opinions on football. Go back to your XBOX, "Beauchump." :coffee:

Beauchamp
let me guess, bengals fan?

You would assume this because I'm willing to claim a 5th best quarterback in the NFL to not be the 2nd?

I'm sorry I'm not blindly biased. I'm a Steeler fan who wants some justice.

Dino 6 Rings
Beauchamp...by who's standard exactly are you using for the "rating system" by which youd determin he is in fact, Over Rated.

I mean, he isn't considered the "best" QB in the league. Usually its between Manning and Brady, then people toss in the loser from Cincy for good measure. McNabb when healthy has a very high rating and is looked upon by most NFL fans as one of the best currently playing. Favre is already a legend and no one considers Ben better than Favre. Now looking around the league, at other QBs, who is better than Ben? Cutler? Hasselbeck?

I think the point is, you state he's Over Rated...that is not accurate in our eyes, simple because to be Over Rated, there have to be people rated beneath you that others might say are better. Who exactly besides those ones I allow argument for, such as Favre, Brady, Manning, McNabb is actually better than Ben?

If you're are simply trying to state he is Over Paid...well then...ok...who in the NFL isn't over paid? They are all over paid except maybe the long snapper on the Lions (just throwing that out there) If you're trying to argue he is over paid simply to show that we could be using money we don't pay him to buy more talent, what talent are you wanting and how do you figure to get that talent under the salary cap and keep our current roster?

I think the reason its gotten 13 pages is because you state this stuff, but don't give a real alternative to your statement as over rated.

Big D
09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Much like your asinine opinions on football. Go back to your XBOX, "Beauchump." :coffee:

it's funny to me how some troll is telling a moderator to go somewhere

Steelman16
09-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Interesting that you say a Superbowl win and you put on Big Ben's stat sheet.

22.6 rating.

You sure you wanna credit Big Ben?

I get why you guys don't think he's overrated, It's lucky we had a Cowher and a good team for the majority of his career.

I don't expect you to remember that, go bias yourself somewhere else.

You'd rather have Ben have a career day stat-wise and lose the game? I see how it works.

How many players are on the field again? Last I heard there were 11, plus the 11 that play defense.

By the same logic, Rex Grossman had a pretty good surrounding cast too. Guess what? He sucked. He lost the Super Bowl.

Is Ben overrated? No. Why? Because of the intangibles he brings to the table, Because of his warrior-additude playing the game. Because he makes plays as a quarterback. Because he's taken more hits than any man deserves, and stayed upright.

Take your BS elsewhere.

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 09:15 PM
K, you guys are right.

Big Ben is the 2nd best quarterback in the NFL.

Not overrated then.

Overwhelming bias wins!

This Forum is free of logic!

This is why we love it!

We are simple minded!

Big D
09-28-2008, 09:16 PM
K, you guys are right.

Big Ben is the 2nd best quarterback in the NFL.

Not overrated then.

Overwhelming bias wins!

This Forum is free of logic!

This is why we love it!

We are simple minded!

who said that ben was the 2nd best qb in the nfl?

fansince'76
09-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Fun's over, troll.

cubanstogie
09-28-2008, 09:19 PM

Keep em comin.

I will show restraint and hold the insults in, at least until I finish 1 or 2 Mojitos. Since when does a QB need to win a game by himself, they are the leader of the team, key word being team. They play a role, some need to throw 40 times like Griese, some need to avg abou 24 like Ben. It depends on the situation. I could name off games Ben had huge contributions to all day long. Easiest stat is his 3 perfect QB rating games. Tied with Peyton for the record. I would say those 3 games alone being perfect means he won it for his team. Not that I would even need to justify his greatness by that. It seems you are seeking it though. What about Ravens last year, Pats when he ended their streak 3 years ago. Cincy, Indy, Denver in SB win year. Do you think 13-0 as rookie was a fluke? He has had a handful of bad games, Jets in playoffs, Pats in playoffs, first half of Jags last year, but last week was not one of them. Did you watch the game. Pressure every time he touched the ball. His one intercepion wasn't even that bad. He had to try something. A bomb in double coverage in which Washington didn't want it as much as defender. I think a SB win at 23 years old would constitue making him 2nd highest. Semantics anyway, in the next 2 years he will be passed by many QB's and seem like a steal at 7th or 8th highest paid. Ben is 3rd best in league since he came in league consistently IMO. Yes McNabb and Romo show signs of brilliance on occasion and have a big stat game. Always in regular season though. Ben is the whole package, he has reduced his mistakes and is consistent. Just because he doesn't put up Manning like numbers doesn't disqualify him for being a great QB. Who do you think is better is the question. Last year it was Anderson and Gerrard, who is the flash in the pan this year? phillip rivers. lol.

Edman
09-28-2008, 09:19 PM

Once again, that's not the problem.

The first of many problems here is that you suddenly show up after Big Ben has a bad game. The second problem is that you use a video game to support your argument.

How can Ben be overrated when he's not even rated highly? Overpaid? All athletes are overpaid, really. So which is it? Is Ben overrated or is he overpaid?