PDA

View Full Version : Has Moss thrown in towel?

SteelersMongol
09-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Randy Moss said all the right things after catching just four passes for 25 yards in the Patriots' 38-13 loss to the Miami Dolphins yesterday, but his body language seemed to tell a different story. Moss sat in solitude on the bench for most of the first half as the offense struggled. The wide receiver has yet to establish the same passing rapport with quarterback Matt Cassel he had with Tom Brady, and it hasn't helped that teams consistently have rolled a safety in Moss's direction, challenging Cassel to get him the ball. Cassel claimed he didn't notice that Moss wasn't sitting with the offense in the first half. Moss did sit with the offense in the second half, but he did not even extend his arms for a clearly overthrown Cassel pass in the third quarter. He showed some frustration early in the fourth quarter, when he threw his arms in the air, looking for a flag after an incompletion on second and 3 from the 44, and on a Cassel interception that was negated by a roughing the passer penalty, Moss did not turn for the underthrown ball.

Boston Globe

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/70032

Boo hoo, wha-wha is about to start. :popcorn:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-24-2008, 12:06 AM
I think he's getting ready to throw the towel in.

fansince'76
09-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Like I said, a leopard can't change it's spots.

I never thought Moss was washed up. I've always felt that he's a frontrunning carpetbagger who quits on his team when they tank. Still do. I guarantee you if the Patriots were to start 1-5 (they won't), Moss would lose interest, begin dogging it on the field and begin pouting on the sideline like he did in Oakland and Minnesota.

Looks like I gave him too much credit - all it took was a 2-1 start with a beatdown coming in the third game for their first loss for him to start acting like a baby again.

MACH1
09-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Poor baby's gonna take his ball and go home. :binky:

Galax Steeler
09-24-2008, 05:12 AM
Kinda reminds you of Chad Johonson a boo hooing.

Edman
09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Randy Moss will play when he wants to, or when his team wins. If you're playing well, Randy's got your back. If you stink, Randy won't do sh*t for ya.

lilyoder6
09-24-2008, 01:49 PM
it looks like the days of randy moss in oakland is coming back... lol

silver & black
09-24-2008, 02:18 PM
It's just a matter of time... I've seen it first hand...LOL.

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
It's just a matter of time... I've seen it first hand...LOL.actually, i think you prophesiced it......:tap:

silver & black
09-24-2008, 03:42 PM
actually, i think you prophesiced it......:tap:

I'm sure I did... but I'm too lazy to find it. :sofunny:

chucoblack&gold
09-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Not surprised by his actions ..........

Hopefully he goes to dallas so he can cause drama with t.o. and romo

Steeler in Carolina
09-24-2008, 07:08 PM
He will be a cancer in the locker room very soon.

St33lersguy
09-24-2008, 08:15 PM
:crying01:
Only one game and already he is considering quitting on his team. Watch if the Pats fall to 2-2 he'll stop playing completely.
:crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

steelwall
09-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Not surprised by his actions ..........

Hopefully he goes to dallas so he can cause drama with t.o. and romo

Oh, a match made in heaven:applaudit:

The Patriot
09-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Like I said, a leopard can't change it's spots.

Looks like I gave him too much credit - all it took was a 2-1 start with a beatdown coming in the third game for their first loss for him to start acting like a baby again.

You were right. The announcer pointed out last game that some of Cassel's incompletions were do to Moss not running his routes.

silver & black
09-25-2008, 08:31 AM
You were right. The announcer pointed out last game that some of Cassel's incompletions were do to Moss not running his routes.

Imagine that... Moss not running his routes. Who woulda thunk it? :sofunny:

Now you get to be the 3rd fan base to understand why the last 2 hated him.

Steeldude
09-25-2008, 10:31 AM
i am sure if he is released in 2009 there will be the usual number of ignorant steelers' fans clamoring to sign him.

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Imagine that... Moss not running his routes. Who woulda thunk it? :sofunny:

Now you get to be the 3rd fan base to understand why the last 2 hated him.
do i detect a bit of joy, in your comment ??? surely your not rooting for moss to become a problem for the cheaters are ya ??? :chuckle:

HometownGal
09-25-2008, 11:29 AM
What a loser. Now all you Cheats* fans who had woodies over him signing with NE are going to get a heapin' dose of reality like Vikes and Raiders fans did.

fansince'76
09-25-2008, 11:32 AM
What a loser. Now all you Cheats* fans who had woodies over him signing with NE are going to get a heapin' dose of reality like Vikes and Raiders fans did.

They're not getting the Carpetbagger's Discount out of him this year, either. They're paying full price for him now. :chuckle:

Elvis
09-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Couldnt imagine the guy doing that!!

But it really couldnt have happened to a better team!!
:chuckle:

silver & black
09-25-2008, 01:04 PM
do i detect a bit of joy, in your comment ??? surely your not rooting for moss to become a problem for the cheaters are ya ??? :chuckle:

Why, yes, you do! I am unabashedly rooting for Moss to become a problem! I can't wait to read all the comments from the cheatri*t fans... this should be fun! :applaudit:

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 06:44 PM
THIS is precisely WHY the Steelers don't pick up these type of players.

But you can beat people over the head with it all day long and it never truly sinks in...

The Patriot
09-25-2008, 06:55 PM
THIS is precisely WHY the Steelers don't pick up these type of players.

But you can beat people over the head with it all day long and it never truly sinks in...

I'm still glad we have Moss but this is just one of the things you have to deal with. The best way to win Moss over is to not lose.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm still glad we have Moss but this is just one of the things you have to deal with. The best way to win Moss over is to not lose.

Not really. He was on a ton of good and nearly great Vikings teams and he still didn't run his routes. That's when he said, "I play when I want to play."

He had to be on his bestest behavior last season to get what amounts to probally his last big contract of his career. Now he's got it...and with Brady out he knows he's not going to get the ball anywhere near the basis he did last season...he's going to take plays off while on the playing field.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-25-2008, 09:46 PM
I liked Moss when he was a rook with the Vikes. After that well, I don't know. On top of when he lost his mentorship from Cris Carter he seemed to have lost his mojo when Cris retired. F Moss, he is only happy when he is winning and seems to do nothing to be a true team leader when things are down. Best of luck to our team and the worse of luck to his.:drink:

Steelman16
09-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Some folks change. Moss ain't one of 'em. :coffee: