PDA

View Full Version : Patsies don't like booing fans

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-24-2008, 12:34 AM
:noidea: when you suck the fans boo and leave the stadium in masses :drink:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2008_09_23_No_Pats_on_the_back:_Patriots_Players_c riticize_boo_birds/srvc=patriots&position=2

Patriots Players criticize boo birds

FOXBORO - Several Patriots [team stats] players expressed disappointment yesterday in how the fans heartily booed the team during and after its 38-13 loss to the Miami Dolphins [team stats] on Sunday at Gillette Stadium.

Cornerback Ellis Hobbs [stats] was particularly vocal.

“It amazes me - it amazes me - how people react,” said Hobbs, who watched the Pats’ 21-game win streak come to a grinding halt. “You would think this organization hasn’t won as much as they have and been as successful in the years that they have. It’s a testament to how spoiled they are. Expectations are that high that we’re not allowed a bad game? How many times has someone had a bad day at the office? How many times has someone missed a deadline for getting a paper in, or whatever?

“Even the kids . . they’ve got the kids out there, where I’m hearing they’re even crying over this and that’s a direct relationship from the parents down. Is it that bad? You’ve got people dying every day. This is a sport. And you’ve got kids out there crying over a loss in the regular season? It makes me look at it like, ‘Am I supposed to be crying?’ ”

Were the players able to block out the boos that rained down on the field at halftime?

“I don’t block it out. I accept it. I remember it. I use it,” Hobbs said. “I use it, as a thing of, ‘Remember this when you are successful.’ And that’s how you keep it all in perspective. Because as soon as they stabbing you in the back, as soon as they’re booing you, they’re ready to pat you again as soon as something (goes right). Now you’re the best in the world.

“This is when you find out what type of player you are. This is actually when you find out what type of man you are as far as this game goes. When adversity hits and when things don’t go your way, who’s in your corner?”

Tight end Benjamin Watson [stats] also offered his opinion.

“I think (the fans) expect certain things out of us, which is a good thing because it means we’ve done some great things here, so there’s a certain level of expectancy,” Watson said. “They hold us to a high standard, much like the standard we hold ourselves to. (But) for them to leave, it was pretty disgusting to watch.”

Like Hobbs, would Watson use the fans’ fickle nature as a source of motivation?

“When we’re on the field, whatever game it is, you try to focus, whether it’s positive or negative coming from the fans,” Watson said. “They’re entitled. They pay for the tickets. They can say what they want to say. Like I said, we’ve had some good teams here. They expect the best out of us, which is good. When there are expectations, you tend to meet those expectations. It’s not bad that they’re disappointed. We’re disappointed when we’re not doing things well.”

fansince'76
09-24-2008, 12:36 AM
:crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

MACH1
09-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Wasn't it that way before they started cheating.:hunch:

tony hipchest
09-24-2008, 01:00 AM
who the hell is ellisha hobbes and benita watson and what the hell have they ever done? :hunch:

....except choke and get boo'd?

Grant37
09-24-2008, 01:04 AM
The Patriots may not like booing Patriots fans but I sure do !!! :tt02:

Galax Steeler
09-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Who cares what the cheatriots like let them cry.

Edman
09-24-2008, 08:25 AM
The Patriots are crumbling. I love it.

stlrtruck
09-24-2008, 09:16 AM
The patriots* players have to face the fact that this is what's going to happen when you don't have the luxury of video tape to cheat from during the game...

Now both player and fan are crying!!!!

Can it get any better?

memphissteelergirl
09-24-2008, 10:39 AM
:crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

What he said...:chuckle:

SCSTILLER
09-24-2008, 10:46 AM
They're jumping off the bandwagon like it's on fire. God, I love it!

X-Terminator
09-24-2008, 10:55 AM
They're jumping off the bandwagon like it's on fire. God, I love it!

Par for the course for New England fans. After all, most of them didn't realize they had a football team before 2001, so nobody should be surprised.

Edman
09-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I'll give it another few losses before "The city of chumpions" Boston abandons the Patriots in it's entirety and goes back to rooting for the Sox.

revefsreleets
09-24-2008, 11:45 AM
The Pats are just NOW figuring out that their fans live on the bandwagon?

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2008, 01:41 PM
can't wait to hear dragtruks commentary on this....:chuckle:

missedgehead
09-24-2008, 03:37 PM
I don't approve of fans booing their own team either. Steeler fans do it too. Hypocrites much? Remember Ben's bad year in 2006? I remember the first home game he played in in 2006 (he missed the first one/opening day due to the appendicitis) against the Bungles and he played poorly and the idiot fans were BOOING the poor guy. I was appalled. I was like, "This guy lead us to a 5th SUPER BOWL in 26 years. He almost DIED in the off season. He had an appendicitis attack, then when he came back from that, the first game he came back, the poor soul got the flu/head cold whatever and played sick and was still recovering from the surgery and STILL played. Here he is busting his ass for these fans and they BOO HIM?" I think during 2006 I was the only Steeler/Ben fan that supported the poor guy.

I can SEE getting upset that the team is losing badly, OK? I can UNDERSTAND yelling and cussing or whatever that the players made a bone headed play or INT or whatever. I DON'T get BOOING your OWN TEAM!!!! I DON'T get WALKING OUT of a game!! I have even seen STEELER fans do it. Don't tell me they don't. I don't give up on any of my teams. Why spend MONEY (unless you have money to burn) to sit in a seat that you bought from Ebay or Stubhub or whatever and then just because the team is not doing well to just LEAVE? I would sit there as a FAN and SUPPORTER and man up/woman up whatever and take it.

I don't blame Hobbs for speaking out and he is absolutely right.

stlrtruck
09-24-2008, 04:24 PM
BOOing I don't mind so much. I pay top dollars to see my team and at times have had to save up for months in order to make the trip to Pittsburgh so I have that right to BOO them when they make stupid plays - even the QB coming back from injury throwing the game away.

However, I don''t understand the walking out. I guess others could put it in the same perspective as booing but to me it's different. I paid top dollar to stay in that stadium as long as humanly possible and I'm going to do that.

fansince'76
09-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't approve of fans booing their own team either. Steeler fans do it too. Hypocrites much? Remember Ben's bad year in 2006? I remember the first home game he played in in 2006 (he missed the first one/opening day due to the appendicitis) against the Bungles and he played poorly and the idiot fans were BOOING the poor guy. I was appalled. I was like, "This guy lead us to a 5th SUPER BOWL in 26 years. He almost DIED in the off season. He had an appendicitis attack, then when he came back from that, the first game he came back, the poor soul got the flu/head cold whatever and played sick and was still recovering from the surgery and STILL played. Here he is busting his ass for these fans and they BOO HIM?" I think during 2006 I was the only Steeler/Ben fan that supported the poor guy.

Never heard Ben whine about it in the press. I would imagine when you belong to several different bandwagons you may get them confused, but I personally gave Ben a pass on 2006 and there were more than quite a few other Steelers fans that did the same. Paint with broad brushes much? :coffee:

HometownGal
09-24-2008, 04:45 PM
TaTa you cheating lahoooooosers! :wave: Hey - one of those dudes looks like Niiiiiiiiiigel. :chuckle:

http://www.ksu.edu/thetaxi/pictures/brothers/jumping_bridge.jpg

memphissteelergirl
09-24-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't approve of fans booing their own team either. Steeler fans do it too. Hypocrites much?

WHOA, High and Mighty! You're missing the whole point here. The whole point of this is how funny it is on how quickly Pats* fans have turned on the team after such a bad loss and funny the players' reaction is. Hey, if you play pro football, it seems to me you oughta know that it ain't gonna be sunshine and roses all the time, even if you're the omnipotent New England Patriots. I guess they're so used to these bandwagoners kissing their collective backsides they don't know not to be worshipped.
Now to the subject of booing: Personally, would I boo my own team? NO. Do I rant, rave, and otherwise have a fit when they make a stupid play? YES. And I dare say not only Steeler fans do this, but any fan of any sports team does this., inlcuding booing.

Paint with broad brushes much? :coffee:

Well said, fs76 :thumbsup:

klick81
09-24-2008, 05:46 PM
LOL...I love it. Their own "fans" are turning on them. HILARIOUS.

steelpride12
09-24-2008, 06:11 PM
WAWAWA that makes me wanna.... :crying01::crying01::crying01: