PDA

View Full Version : Relax...

Suitanim
11-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Last night wasn't our night. We need to go on and beat up the Bengals and get the season back on track. There's no need to hit the panic button just yet...sure, our offense was pretty offensive, but they just need to get back in synch.

The true mark of a good football team is how they deal with adversity, and last night was pretty damned adverse!

I know 90% of what will be posted up here for the next few days will be negative, so I'm going on hiatus, but, mark my words, if we beat Cincy, our season is right back where it needs to be, and I'd personally like to get another crack at the Colts in the playoffs!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2005, 09:22 AM
I was hoping that the Steeler way of dealing w/ adversity would have shown through tonite after we lost to the ratbirds. I was hoping for us to come out and gave it everything we had on offense becuase I knew the defense would show up like they always do.

But it was too tall of an order last nite for an OL that started a rookie at LT again for most of the game. a QB that had been off for just about a month, and a RG would have been off if he was deaf.

I pride myself on being level headed and always staying positive..but even last nite I was getting torqued up in the first quarter alittle bit. I knew we'd have to withstand a flurry from the colts becuz they were torqued up too, but I really wanted us to take the crowd out of it which would have elminated all those false starts, etc that plagued us through out the game.

Rep points to you suit, you kept your head thru out the whole game, even thru most of us were blowing our stack in the first half. I came back down to earth and got inspired again in the middle of the 2nd quarter but alas none of it mattered, we just didnt have the punch on offense to do much of anything but get out of our own way.

Its a must win this week, we have our backs against the wall and there is no 2 ways about it.. The Bengals will be our whipping boys this week !!

Rinkleroot
11-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Last night wasn't our night. We need to go on and beat up the Bengals and get the season back on track. There's no need to hit the panic button just yet...sure, our offense was pretty offensive, but they just need to get back in synch.

The true mark of a good football team is how they deal with adversity, and last night was pretty damned adverse!

I know 90% of what will be posted up here for the next few days will be negative, so I'm going on hiatus, but, mark my words, if we beat Cincy, our season is right back where it needs to be, and I'd personally like to get another crack at the Colts in the playoffs!

Colts fan here, you guys had a difficult task going into Indy to play the Best team in the NFL. I do think Big Ben was a bit rusty and Cower's on-sides kick was plain stupidity, the Colts Defense played a hell of game and controlled things most of the night in my opinion. I hope you guys rebound and beat the Bengals next week, I've never liked them and I hate ex-bengal Boomer Esiason, I'm sure he'll be talking trash all this comming week, ought to be really sickening.

Grey
11-29-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm with you Suitanim.

I still have faith in the Steelers. And the best thing is that we still have our fate in our own hands. Win out, and win the division.

Here we go.
Grey

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Colts fan here, you guys had a difficult task going into Indy to play the Best team in the NFL. I do think Big Ben was a bit rusty and Cower's on-sides kick was plain stupidity, the Colts Defense played a hell of game and controlled things most of the night in my opinion. I hope you guys rebound and beat the Bengals next week, I've never liked them and I hate ex-bengal Boomer Esiason, I'm sure he'll be talking trash all this comming week, ought to be really sickening.

yeah we're all still scratching our heads on that on sides kick... hell i even said to myself, dont onside kick here.. and low and behold it flopped... :boxing:

Good luck the rest of the way and yes its time to bring down the bengals this week!! we hate boomer too so its on at Heinz !!!

clevestinks
11-29-2005, 04:01 PM
I still have faith also.

We beat the Pats in a regular season game last year, then got our hats handed to us by the same team in the playoffs.

Now we know better than to take any team for granite. Maybe we needed a reality check.

The colts are beatable. I wasnt that impressed last night.

SteelerFanInCA
11-29-2005, 04:31 PM
I also have faith that we can bounce back and get ready for the play-offs.

Rinkleroot
11-29-2005, 04:31 PM
I still have faith also.

We beat the Pats in a regular season game last year, then got our hats handed to us by the same team in the playoffs.

Now we know better than to take any team for granite. Maybe we needed a reality check.

The colts are beatable. I wasnt that impressed last night.

I was pretty impressed with the way the Colts Defense stuffed the Steelers running game and controlled most of the game. Any team is beatable and last night the Steelers took a Beating.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Personally,I blame Tommy Maddox for us being in the position we are in...then again right now I blame gim for global warming!

But I agree,we'll manhandle the Bungles and win the division,going into the playoffs on a role (and division champs).

SteelerFanInATL
11-29-2005, 08:07 PM

Great point!! Lets not forget what NE did to us when they won their first SB. We beat them earlier in the season also.

Stlrs4Life
11-29-2005, 08:26 PM
I don't disagree with the onside kick call. Just the timing of it was dumb. Plus the Steelers didn't even look like they tried to recover it.

rowedf
11-29-2005, 08:28 PM
I was at the game, and I could not believe how loud it was...wow. I can't give them much credit for it though because its indoors (easy way to get noise). But I do respect thier fans for knowing when to make the noise, even late in the 4th quarter, they were all making noise. The game was a great experience but I had a horrible time due to the results.

Hats off the colts fans and the people of Indy, great hospitality and we had fun (especially at the Red Garter) lol

steelcityjameser
11-29-2005, 09:49 PM
i am with them until the end. i agree that cincy is a MUST win. but i think there is cause for concern with the team. if they lose to cincy i don't think they have the mojo to turn it back around. they will have 4 games to make up 2 in the loss column. basically your fate is in other peoples' hands. i will not panic until the time has come, but saying that there are no worries is being naive. i will not go into detail at this time, but i will try to relax.

BB2W
11-29-2005, 10:48 PM
In some of the recent years where we fell short, we were playing our best football in the early to middle part of the season... and fell apart late in the season and in the playoffs. Maybe this year we have already taken our lumps, and they are about to come together and play at their best for a late season run.

:hope:

Rotorhead
11-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Well the good thing is that our D showed it was capable of making a game of it. And from the highlights (wasnt able to watch the game) it looked as though Ben was a little rusty. Our Oline and penalties need to improve for sure, there is little margin for error against teams like this and we made too many of them. As long as we get through these next 2 games with W's we should start rolling for the playoffs with 3 easier games going in. Our playoffs pretty much start next week!

Suitanim
12-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Glad to see this board isn't as "Chicken Little" as I might have thought...

fergusonat
12-01-2005, 02:16 PM
I don't see Monday's game as the end (maybe the beginning of the end :grin:) but we still have a chance, obviously. It all pretty much depends on Sunday. I know the Steelers can win. They have the talent and hopefully the motivation now, but anything can happen. The Bungles also have motivation...taking a 2 game lead in the division. It will be a very interesting game, and as long as Cowher finds a balance between predictability and outrageous plays like the now infamous onside kick, we should be fine. The biggest key in a win Sunday, however, is the offensive line taking their thumbs out of their asses and making some blocks to make room for Willie, Duce, and the Bus...that and Ben making a few big plays with Heath, Hines, and Randle El

SalukiSteelers
12-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Any fan who is giving up on the season right now is pretty crazy. Indy was riding high and they crushed the Steelers, sure, but that was one game. Is it scary that the Steelers couldn't beat the Ravens? A little, but the team still holds it's playoff chances firmly in their grasps.

A win over Cincy would be a great step in proving that they just hit a bump in the road but were able to recover. Besides, wouldn't it be sweet if the Steelers made the playoffs and were able to knock the Colts out in the dome?

Atlanta Dan
12-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Well, it may not be the end of the road, but we certainly have an unobstructed view of it.

As Bouchette said in the P-G today, this team has peaked the last 2 years in late October and appears unable of making any deep playoff run this year. Last year the offense declined after Burress pulled a hamstring in November. This year it has been impossible to get offensive consistency with Ben injured - now the OL is unraveling with Smith hurt and who knows what going on with Simmons.

In some ways this season reminds me of 1996 (first year for Bettis), when the Steelers were hot in October, limped into the playoffs after a slide that started with a terrible road loss to Baltimore around Thanksgiving, and then went 1-1 in the playoffs after not getting a bye.

Still hoping for the best as the season hinges on Cincy. Lose that game and it gets real ugly.

Suitanim
12-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Yet this is still essentially the same team that beat a good San Diego team on the road when it looked like even the officials didn't want to see the Steelers win.

We need to jump up on the Bengals and never let them into the game. Regain confidence, and keep moving on.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Yet this is still essentially the same team that beat a good San Diego team on the road when it looked like even the officials didn't want to see the Steelers win.

We need to jump up on the Bengals and never let them into the game. Regain confidence, and keep moving on.

You're abosolutely right..we need a TD on our opening drive and never look back..we cannot let this team hang around becuz they can strike too quickly.. We have the ability to do it, its just a matter of doing it.