PDA

View Full Version : Steelers already at more than half of the INT output from a year ago

jjpro11
09-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Just thought i'd add some good news to a week full of bad news.. we already have 6 ints this season which is currently 2nd in the league.. last year we finished the season with a league worst 12. Troy Polamalu has an INT in each of his first 3 games after going the entire season last year without a pick. :tt02:

Havik
09-24-2008, 06:26 PM
I think with McFadden starting and Troy being healthy we will see more productive secondary.

The Duke
09-24-2008, 06:45 PM
yep, that's great news. especially that troy broke his INT drought of almost 2 years and has 3 picks

and about mcfadden, whether he goes back to CB #3 or stays a starter after deshea comes backs, I think he's the steelers CB of the future

he's been playing really good, an if he continues he deserves new contract next season imo

St33lersguy
09-24-2008, 06:51 PM
We're better offwith Mcfadden

stillers4me
09-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Too bad we didn't take advantage of the 3 turnovers on Sunday. That's 21 points left on the field. :banging:

Preacher
09-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I wasn't COMPLETELy sold on B-mac until the last couple of weeks. He played against a VERY good QB and played well.

If Gay and Sweed keep developing, we are really set at pretty much every position except for O and D line. That gives us the ability to trade some picks next year to get someone.

steelpride12
09-24-2008, 07:23 PM
I have really seen Mcfadden starting to make a name for himself and being the #2 Corner and having already 2 picks on the season without Deshea is impressive.
With Townsend aging we all know Mcfadden is def. ready to take his spot and hopfully Gay can make himself our new nickle CB.

WVUSteelers
09-24-2008, 09:24 PM
It's good to see LeBeau throwing a bunch of packages out there to see the outcomes. It's fun to watch knowing that he's only hit the tip of the iceberg. Troy's heart is certainly in the game, after having a so-so year last year. Hopefully our CB situation can shake out.

jjpro11
09-24-2008, 10:42 PM
we gotta get mcfadden signed.. dont forget, he's a FA following the season.

The Duke
09-25-2008, 12:34 AM
we gotta get mcfadden signed.. dont forget, he's a FA following the season.

yep, but first they have to solve the issues of the free agent linemen. though none seems worthy of resigning right now except for kemo

secondary's looking great for the coming years. I do want to see more of Gay, he has potential. anthony smith has not been very active though....

Dizzle43
09-25-2008, 01:28 AM
I too have been very impressed with McFadden so far this year. He has shown flashes the past couple years and he really seems to be ready to step into the starting lineup. Our secondary looks tough. I'm happy to see Troy back to his usual self as well. Let's try to remember to give these guys credit even though everyone wants to complain about the o-line.

augustashark
09-25-2008, 01:31 AM
It was the one that was dropped that hurt the most. You are right though it is a good sign. Just need to keep up the pace.

Galax Steeler
09-25-2008, 03:31 AM
It is good to see Troy getting the picks like he used to and Mcfadden might be showing us why we need to sign him to a contract.

DACEB
09-25-2008, 02:07 PM
It sounds unanimous on McFadden. Funny thing is, would we know this if Townsend had'nt been injured?

I'm hoping we see something similar from Mendenhall this week. It seems the staff has been hesitant on plugging him in, hopefully he shows them what we've been missing.

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM
From what I've seen, we have the best defense in the NFL, at least so far...playing a team with a mediocre line and a first year QB can't hurt that much this week...

FSUBoo
09-25-2008, 07:44 PM
I have thought that McFadden has shown flashes for his few years in the league. He made some big plays in our Super Bowl year in the postseason, and he's finally starting to play like I've expected him to.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Lets hope B-Mac doesn't flop and offenses don't game plan too much against Troy. Well then we will just look at Woodley, Harrison, Farrior and CO. to force some fumbles in return to make up for the lost interceptions.

MDSteel15
09-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Just thought i'd add some good news to a week full of bad news.. we already have 6 ints this season which is currently 2nd in the league.. last year we finished the season with a league worst 12. Troy Polamalu has an INT in each of his first 3 games after going the entire season last year without a pick. :tt02:

You realize we had one of the better pass defenses last yerar and thet was all we had, 12 INTs!!! Pretty nice to see them healthy this season, huh? :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
09-25-2008, 08:38 PM
it is nice to see our def being top notch and healthy for the most part.. just keep up the good work

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-25-2008, 08:53 PM
I am predicting that we come in the top three in the NFL in turnovers this season, anybody wanna make a freindly bet?