PDA

View Full Version : Rewind: 2004

Edman
09-24-2008, 08:40 PM
The Steelers are coming off a 6-10 season and barely beat a sloppy Raiders team behind Maddox in the home opener. They march into defending division champ Baltimore and get waxed 30-13 in a rampant display of offensive and defensive ineptitude. Maddox is knocked out and Ben is thrown into the lineup. Lemme also remind you that the Steelers had O-Line issues in 2003 as well.

I wonder how many of you were throwing in the towel on the season? Don't lie. I'm sure most of us were. How many of you expected the Steelers wouldn't lose again until January? I certainly didn't. Not with the defending SB Champ Patriots and Eagles on the schedule.

What I'm getting at here is that crazier sh*t have happened. It's a long season. Remember last year the Steelers came out like gangbangers but faded down the stretch thanks to injuries? Here's hoping this year it's the opposite and the team gets in gear at the right time.

That's the best shred of optimism I can give right now.

Steelman16
09-24-2008, 10:15 PM
It's not optimism, it's realism. It's only week 3!

In another example, the recent Super Bowl champion New York Giants climbed out of an 0-2 hole to start their season.

Anything's possible at this point. Who wudda thunked that Brady would get injured in week 1 for the entire season?

I have faith, and I have hope. There really no reasons to doubt! :tt02:

jjpro11
09-24-2008, 10:40 PM
nobody should be throwing in the towel.. you shouldn't even bother being a football fan if you think a 2-1 team is done.. look at the rest of the division for christ sake. our backups should be able to give each of those teams a good game and probably win.

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2008, 11:19 PM
is this a pep rally ???

:tt02: :cheer::cheer::cheer: :tt02:

MACH1
09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Is it Monday yet.:helmet:

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Is it Monday yet.:helmet:
not today.....check back again tommorrow......:laughing:

Galax Steeler
09-25-2008, 03:33 AM
I am ready for monday night we should be ready to whip Flaco and company he hasn't face a deffense like ours yet lets see what he has.

Elvis
09-25-2008, 10:46 AM
I do remember those days Edmond, and I was really excited about what our young rookie could do for us. But to think that our season would end up the way it did... no way!!

Our schedule looks rough this year, but everyone has to play the games right? Never know about injuries thats for sure.. Patriots I am almost certain were not expecting to lose Brady in week one either. Season must go on and we are not 1-2 or 0-3 right.. we are still at 2-1 and 2 games up on the browns.. but the Ravens are up next and I am beginning to think mabye they are our compitition for '08 in our division. The Browns were so overhyped and I am loving it.

Thanks Ed for the thoughts!!
:tt02:

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-25-2008, 03:03 PM
My gosh, we are facing a team with absolutely no offense. We can score more points with our defense than what they can with their offense. This game shouldn't even be close, even with our key injuries.

stlrtruck
09-26-2008, 08:09 AM
not today.....check back again tommorrow......:laughing:

Is it Monday now?

sixstringlass
09-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Is it Monday now?

Come back tomorrow...

steelpride12
09-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Alright lets hope after our win Monday everyone stops complaining about ways for us to be better after one loss.

NV STEELERS 723
09-27-2008, 08:33 PM
The Steelers are coming off a 6-10 season and barely beat a sloppy Raiders team behind Maddox in the home opener. They march into defending division champ Baltimore and get waxed 30-13 in a rampant display of offensive and defensive ineptitude. Maddox is knocked out and Ben is thrown into the lineup. Lemme also remind you that the Steelers had O-Line issues in 2003 as well.

I wonder how many of you were throwing in the towel on the season? Don't lie. I'm sure most of us were. How many of you expected the Steelers wouldn't lose again until January? I certainly didn't. Not with the defending SB Champ Patriots and Eagles on the schedule.

What I'm getting at here is that crazier sh*t have happened. It's a long season. Remember last year the Steelers came out like gangbangers but faded down the stretch thanks to injuries? Here's hoping this year it's the opposite and the team gets in gear at the right time.

That's the best shred of optimism I can give right now.

Edman you are so right! you da man!:drink:

stlrtruck
09-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Come back tomorrow...

Ok so I'm back, and the only thing more agonizing then fighting off these flu-like symptoms before tonight's game is waiting for tonight's game!!! :tt03:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

OX1947
09-29-2008, 12:36 PM
It has nothing to do with throwing in the towel. The offensive line protection is the most important facet of football. You can have the best Qb, WRs and running back but if the line doesn't block, what happen last Sunday will happen. Steelers are in trouble because their line is horrible. It is one of the worst O-lines I have ever seen and they have been bad for 2 plus years now.

I think Colon is not a starter, Simmons is average, Kemo is still coming into his own, and Marvel might be done with his back problem. Hartwig is better the Mahan but not by much.

Not one guy on the line is complete. Not ONE. So unless the Steelers coaching staff show what they got in adjusting and Ben shows how good he really is, then the Steelers will not make the playoffs with this schedule and if the Defense can get to him in 2 secs.