PDA

View Full Version : Troy Brown officially announced his retirement today at a press conference in Foxboro

TroysBadDawg
09-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Just received this:

Patriots all-time leading receiver Troy Brown officially announced his retirement today at a press conference in Foxborough.

To read more, visit http://www.boston.com

OneForTheToe
09-25-2008, 01:32 PM
I guess he gave up on getting a ring this year.:laughing:

He was a good player, however. A team guy on a me team.

Dizzle43
09-25-2008, 01:58 PM
I'll always remember him for playing CB and WR in the same year. And being successful at both.

The Duke
09-25-2008, 04:11 PM
I'll always remember him for playing CB and WR in the same year. And being successful at both.

yeah, that's what I'll always remember him for, well that and the punt returns in the afc championship.....

it was pretty impressive seeing him play CB, even if he was a patriot

Dino 6 Rings
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM
is this the first sign of an ending for their glory up in the north east?

who retires next?

JPPT1974
09-25-2008, 06:16 PM
He was very versitle you have to admit both on offense and defense.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-25-2008, 07:27 PM
I will always remember him being good at playing CB when the Pats were in need, plus playing WR and special teams.

He was an ultimate team player, and will always have my respect...even if he was a Patriot.

fansince'76
09-25-2008, 07:30 PM
No offense, but who cares? See ya. :wave:

SteelCityMan786
09-25-2008, 07:54 PM
is this the first sign of an ending for their glory up in the north east?

who retires next?

Randy Moss is next. He has lost his step.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-25-2008, 09:41 PM
He was a system player. Who are you kidding if you think this guy had any type of talent. His flaws were disguised by the coaching schemes and play calling. He was slow, he was dumb, he was never in the top of any type of any category, did I mentioned he sucked and played for Beli-profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter? If you are a WR and you don't have any typ of concept of what you are going against, your main predator....a DB and you cannot play thier position just as well as you play yours you are worhtless IMO. How can you be a WR and not know the nuances of your opposition. Alot of the WR's in the league can play CB and can look a hell of alot better than what that scrub did when he got his chance. Buenos noches brotha!

Galax Steeler
09-26-2008, 05:02 AM
Randy Moss is next. He has lost his step.

I would say you will see moss another 3 or so years before he retires.

steelreserve
09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
See ya, Troy. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out*

CanadianSteel
09-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Heard he was applying as a videographer as his next job......figured with the Pats* on his resume he was a shoe in for the job :sofunny:

Edman
09-26-2008, 01:38 PM
One of the few Patriot players I had respect for...though there is very little of it.

Stu Pidasso
09-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Like rats from a sinking ship...

ShutDown24
09-28-2008, 02:30 AM
What's with all the hate? I'm embarressed as a Steelers fan that just because a guy played for the Patriots he doesn't get the respect he deserves from many of my 'peers'

He was a good player for a long time and doesn't deserve to be known as anything less.

Stu Pidasso
09-28-2008, 08:22 AM
My apologies. A great player who sees what the future holds, then bails like a rat from a sinking ship.

Better? :)

steelpride12
09-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Honestly it stinks to see him retire. He should have tried looking for a team who needed a Veteran WR, because he def. had the skill it was just hard to show on a packed team like the pats.

Steeler in Carolina
09-28-2008, 02:57 PM
A great guy on a team full of jerks.

fansince'76
09-28-2008, 03:00 PM
What's with all the hate? I'm embarressed as a Steelers fan that just because a guy played for the Patriots he doesn't get the respect he deserves from many of my 'peers'

He was a good player for a long time and doesn't deserve to be known as anything less.

He doesn't deserve anything more either. He was a good, but not great player. What kind of sendoff should he get on a non-Patriots board, exactly? It's not like an all-time great player is hanging them up. Sorry, but I couldn't care less about his retirement.

missedgehead
09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Troy Brown was a classy guy. He was a very versatile player. He could play a bunch of positions. I wish my Steelers or G-Men had him on their teams, but he was on my Patriots team so he is all good. :) He was a team guy on a team that was all about team, and I could care less what anyone else has to say about them. I wish him the best in his future plans. Good luck to Troy. I wish him the best.

hizmi
09-28-2008, 09:45 PM
I'll never forget that punt return against us in the 02' championship game...a real stomach punch considering we had to re-kick after a stupid penalty. I thought our team was clearly superior, and the only way they could win was with defense/special teams.....so of course they score two TD's on special teams.....gah that game still sticks in my craw.