PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Friggin Sack Jar?

yinzer-inseattle
09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
I think the Steelers need a sack jar (like a swear jar.. :cash). There are a couple ways this could work.

Penalty Jar
Every time Ben goes down the jar gets $250 put into it. If one guy is responsible (including Ben) they fund it. If the sack is shared they split it. Zierlein puts in an additional 10% of the weekly funding just to make sure he has some skin in the game. The Philly game would have been worth about $2,200 ($2K for the sacks + Zierlein's 10%).

Those amounts are not going to break anyone on this team, but it would be a good reminder for those who need something tangible, and a good way to raise money for local charities (let's say helping the elderly with heating bills).

Incentive Jar
Ideally, we'd like to keep the sacks to 2 or less per game. That's about 1 sack per every 32 offensive snaps. If the O can go 32 snaps without giving up a sack then the offensive coaches/MT/ Front Office could contribute $5,000 to the jar. A sackless game would be worth $10,000 to charity.

A hybrid approach could also work if we ever went 32 snaps without a sack and gave up a few on either side of that run.

Not that any of this really matters as I am throwing other people's money around, but I think the Steelers could make something good from a bad situation. I'd even contribute my personal swear jar funds which are on the rise as a direct result of the sacks.

OK all we need now is a jar that can hold $25-$75K! :tt02:

Hapa
09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I think the o-linemen are motivated enough, but who knows? It might work.

siss
09-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I think that very every sack Ben takes, the offending offensive line has to stand on the 50 yard line at teh south side and let troy or Lamarr run full speed at him and sack him like Ben got sacked!

MACH1
09-26-2008, 12:21 AM
I think that very every sack Ben takes, the offending offensive line has to stand on the 50 yard line at teh south side and let troy or Lamarr run full speed at him and sack him like Ben got sacked!

I say let Big Snack when he can.

Steelman16
09-26-2008, 12:30 AM
I say let Big Snack when he can.

No, we're trying to teach them a lesson, not KILL them. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
09-26-2008, 04:35 AM
No, we're trying to teach them a lesson, not KILL them. :chuckle:

I would say your right I would hate to see him coming at me.:toofunny:

siss
09-26-2008, 10:19 AM
If they would protect the franchise QB then it wouldn't be a problem now would it?

steelpride12
09-26-2008, 11:20 AM
These OL get paids millions a year im sure that is enough to motivate them to BLOCK!

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Sometimes incentives like that are fun, but I think it has to be a reward. I think some hockey teams have had hardhats or lunchpails for the hardest working guy that night.

They have to carry or wear the prize around while talking to the media. A big pancake necklace on a chain for the "pancake block" of the day would be cool.

These guys are getting paid, whether Ben hits the deck or not and they want to keep him up anyways. Should be positive reinforcement rather than penalty for poor performance.

Some kind of internal thing like 0 sacks-day off, 1 sack=steak dinner, 2 sacks=Primantis sandwich, 3 sacks= McDonalds (not so happy) meal.

steelreserve
09-26-2008, 12:11 PM
How about if you give up a sack, you get your car put up on blocks, and if you give up two sacks, you also get your ass kicked in the parking lot.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-26-2008, 12:26 PM
How about if you give up a sack, you get your car put up on blocks, and if you give up two sacks, you also get your ass kicked in the parking lot.

I like that idea much better.:drink:

CanadianSteel
09-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I thought this was a thread about Big Snack and what he'd be eating while injured :flap: