PDA

View Full Version : Arians takes blame for Philly

Edman
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_590131.html

Now can we stop talking about it? Chances are we'll never see a performance like this again. It's over.

And how about this? Mcfadden is the starter even after Deshea returns. He's certainly earned it.

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 07:16 PM
That's pretty magnanimous of him...but it's inaccurate. Still, it is time to move on...

(But I'd say he gets 1/4th the blame)

The Duke
09-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh well, if he says so. I'll go with what tomlin said, they lost as a team

so bryant finally cracks the starting lineup, good for him. Now, if he has a pro bowl year or something he's probably gone next year sadly

fansince'76
09-25-2008, 07:17 PM
FIRE THE BUM! :chuckle:

43Hitman
09-25-2008, 07:34 PM
That's great news about McFadden. He's earned it, and with Deshea now healthy, it just makes our rotations that much better.

HometownGal
09-25-2008, 07:43 PM
That's pretty magnanimous of him...but it's inaccurate. Still, it is time to move on...

(But I'd say he gets 1/4th the blame)

I agree, revs. Very honorable of him, but I'm not buying it.

(I say he gets 1/8th of the blame).

Definitely time to concentrate on the Rats - I felt that way Monday morning.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Maybe the Rooneys need to break that "No negotiating contracts in season" rule to resign McFadden.

Seriously, I can see Cleveland throwing a good amount of cash his way. I can also see the Ravens trying to sign him to replace Rolle. I don't wanna lose him to a team in the division.

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2008, 08:33 PM
1/4 blame.....Arians - for not adjusting the play calling

1/4 blame....Zerlon (sp) - for not properly preparing the oline

1/4 blame ....Oliine - for not executing , and lack of communication

1/4 blame....Tomlin - he's the head coach, so everybody involved with the team is his responcability.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Lets hope B-Mac takes this opportunity and runs with it.

MDSteel15
09-25-2008, 09:36 PM
1/4 blame.....Arians - for not adjusting the play calling

1/4 blame....Zerlon (sp) - for not properly preparing the oline

1/4 blame ....Oliine - for not executing , and lack of communication

1/4 blame....Tomlin - he's the head coach, so everybody involved with the team is his responcability.

Should make these all 1/5s because the other 1/5 goes to the front office for not addressing the Offensive line needs in the off-season....:banging:

lilyoder6
09-25-2008, 09:44 PM
i thought b-mac was a bum???

i too agree that we need to have contract talks during the season so we can keep some players that who might end up w/ a good season will leave b/c they think there hot shit

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Should make these all 1/5s because the other 1/5 goes to the front office for not addressing the Offensive line needs in the off-season....:banging:

I like how you think....serioulsy!!

moedap
09-25-2008, 10:27 PM

Make it 1/6 because Big Ben deserves some blame also.

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Should make these all 1/5s because the other 1/5 goes to the front office for not addressing the Offensive line needs in the off-season....:banging:what do ya mean ??? they went out and got hartings, and we have the highest paid backup in the league :noidea:.... geesh.....just can't make some people happy....:rolleyes: ..............:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
09-26-2008, 04:38 AM
I hope Mcfadden keeps playing good ball and hopefully we can resign him soon.

DACEB
09-26-2008, 07:09 AM
When asked why he is taking all of the blame for what happened in the Eagles' game, Arians said, "I'm the offensive coordinator. I call the plays. They don't work, their mine. Don't ask any more players any more questions about Philly. They need to think about Baltimore."

Good idea, we should all follow his lead and root for our team to play the way they are capable.

Good news on B-Mac, now let's hope Mendy shines just as much replacing FWP.

X-Terminator
09-26-2008, 08:36 AM
It's great that BA is a stand-up guy and took blame for a horrible game plan, but it will do nothing to keep the armchair QB's off his back.

jblovein
09-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Which O-lineman were the Stees going to get? Did you really want them to trade up to get one? I agree our O-line (at least the right side) is horrible, but splurgging is not the ticket....ask Cleveland.

A good coach takes the blame for his team in front of an audience. Just like a good boss takes the blame for the bad work you do at work :)

stlrtruck
09-26-2008, 09:32 AM
I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS WHO GETS THE BLAME ANYMORE.

It's Friday already and the coaches and team, as well as the fans, should be focused on the bums from b-more rolling into our town looking to repeat what happened last week (they win, we lose).

Arians was right, move on - and FOCUS!!

Dino 6 Rings
09-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Sweet, McFadden gets the start.

Now I can run around doing the Tomahawk Chop when he picks off even more balls.

Michael Keller
09-26-2008, 11:05 AM

Yes all the above are responsible but ULTIMATELY 100 percent responsible is Head Coach Mike Tomlin . He is the Boss and eventually and hopefully sooner (like now , or later at season end, changes in play calling procedures or personnel will have to be made. You can not ride a jack ass in the Kentucky Derby

steelpride12
09-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Ok seriously it does not matter anymore the game is over and we are should be worrying about the ravens right now.

Mcfadden def. earned his spot as the #2 CB, but Townsend is still pretty good and a Veteran. We have a decent CB core and that should help us in the playoffs.

SteelMember
09-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Actually, I think after a few days to review this, the blame should go 100% to the city of pfilthy.
Because this was a road game, the pre-game meal was prepared using water form the city of pfilth-a-delphia water supply. Kinda like going to mexico. "Don't drink the water."

It's not that they played like shit. It's that they had the shits. :laughing: Everyone else has been blamed, so why not.
Just a thought.:noidea:

Good for b-mac. I hope he plays well and keeps his head in the game. There's gonna be a lot of smack talk, which I know he enjoys, but let's not take any stupid, personal foul penalties. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Flacco could be tossing a couple more B-Mac's way come Monday...

X-Terminator
09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
It's great that BA is a stand-up guy and took blame for a horrible game plan, but it will do nothing to keep the armchair QB's off his back.

Case in point:

Yes all the above are responsible but ULTIMATELY 100 percent responsible is Head Coach Mike Tomlin . He is the Boss and eventually and hopefully sooner (like now , or later at season end, changes in play calling procedures or personnel will have to be made. You can not ride a jack ass in the Kentucky Derby

Rotorhead
09-26-2008, 12:01 PM
B-Mac is FINALLY stepping it up, now all we need to do is move Townsend to Safety and we can get rid of one of our bums we got there (my pref is that moron mouthy cant back up his words Smith)

rick723
09-26-2008, 08:51 PM
He took the blame but, never mentioned if he was going to try and fix it.

Edman
09-26-2008, 09:22 PM
He took the blame but, never mentioned if he was going to try and fix it.

See the "Steelers to scale back offense" thread/article.

NJarhead
09-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Just back from Europe (3/4 through watching the game). I don't have the time to read every post or every thread (a whole weeks worth) so know that up front. I do, however, still have something to say...

First: I recall seeing a thread about replacing Arians at OC. I'd just like to point out to those who support that idea that Ben has all the say in what plays are called and the game plan.

Second: Yes, the o-line sucked (not the QB, TE or WR's). However of those 8 sacks, 6 were in the first half. They adjusted to it. Let's also not forget that the other legendary Defensive mind was on the Eagles side-line and that the Eagles have a tradition of good defense dating back several years. We can't win 'em all.

Finally, It was a game until the end. A play or two here or there and perhaps the outcome is different. Personally, I'm not at all in panic mode. Philly is a good team who put up plenty of points the week before against an excellent defense in Dallas. As previously stated, Ya can't win 'em all. Our D (who was a concern amongst many of you at the beginning of the year) held them to 13 points with the only TD coming from excellent play by the Eagle offense. Particularly by Buckhalter.

The O-Line needs to gel. I believe they are talented enough. We're not in trouble yet and I'll never jump off this wagon. If you think you will, then just jump off now.

Salute to my fellow REAL Steelers fans :drink:

:tt02:

steel striker
09-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Well it is time to move on about last week against the eagles. That game is history and, look it was a non divisional game. We now just must focus on the rat birds and, our protection up front. The entire team should be mad and, take it out on the rats. Let's show Flacco he is a rookie and, play smart smash mouth football.