PDA

View Full Version : My king scorpion tried to attack me

steelwall
09-25-2008, 08:21 PM
I have nothing to say today about football today so I guess I will share my experience last night.

Last night I picked up my King Scorpion, who is normally quite docile, but last night she went berserk. I've learned to pick them up by their tails ( I have 2 ) but immediately she tried to move her tail in a constant stinging motion. I've seen the 2 go at it (fighting) and they can use their tails in a lightning fast motion.

Normaly I can set them down on my stomach and they just hang out there with no sign of aggresion, but when I tried this she grabbed my shirt and wouldnt let go. This is no small scorpion I estimate about 8 inches long. However I never let go of its tail, as I senced something was wrong. I immediately put it back in the aquarium.

I believe this one is the female. I picked up what I think to be the male and he was very docile and just hung out on my stomach.

My only explination is that perhaps the female is pregnant, as she has never acted that way before, and the male, well it was business as usual.

They are not poisonous but if stung, I'm sure it would hurt like a mother.... The size of their stingers...well let's just say huge.

Anyone here familiar with King scorpions?

MACH1
09-25-2008, 08:30 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/worthless.gif

steelwall
09-25-2008, 08:40 PM
http://sp1.yt-thm-a03.yimg.com/image/25/f10/515351375

Look at the size of that stinger....poisonous or not....that would smart.

millwalldavey
09-25-2008, 09:23 PM
I always wanted those! I saw one in a tank once... all the others were mellow and this one was digging in the gravel and throwing the pieces over its shoulder like it was digging for treasure.

steelwall
09-25-2008, 09:40 PM
I always wanted those! I saw one in a tank once... all the others were mellow and this one was digging in the gravel and throwing the pieces over its shoulder like it was digging for treasure.

Actually they are really cool to handle (unless you have an incident like I had last night) pretty fun to freak out your buddies that come over by laying one on them without them seeing....watch them scream like a girl...hehe...

Seriously usually they are very docile towards people, my 2 fight alot, and thats cool to watch. They cant hurt each other but boy they sure go at it from time to time.

Polamalu Princess
09-25-2008, 09:44 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I thought my friend was nuts for having so many snakes...OUCH if you ever get stung!!!!!
:help::jawdrop::horror::injured:

steelwall
09-25-2008, 09:49 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I thought my friend was nuts for having so many snakes...OUCH if you ever get stung!!!!!
:help::jawdrop::horror::injured:

Well like I said they are not poisonous, but given the size of their stingers, I'm sure it would hurt like hell. Not to mention when they fight each other I've seen them lash those stingers with complete accuracy at least 3 times a second, so I'm sure it would have a good chance of stinging you more than once.

Hence the reason I allways pick them up by the tail.

Polamalu Princess
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Well like I said they are not poisonous, but given the size of their stingers, I'm sure it would hurt like hell. Not to mention when they fight each other I've seen them lash those stingers with complete accuracy at least 3 times a second, so I'm sure it would have a good chance of stinging you more than once.

Hence the reason I allways pick them up by the tail.

Still - so scary - kudos to you my brave friend!!!!:hatsoff:

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Actually they are really cool to handle (unless you have an incident like I had last night) pretty fun to freak out your buddies that come over by laying one on them without them seeing....watch them scream like a girl...hehe...

Seriously usually they are very docile towards people, my 2 fight alot, and thats cool to watch. They cant hurt each other but boy they sure go at it from time to time.
i had a friend do that to me with a trantulla he just bought and i didn't know he had.....i may have sounded a little girly, but it was nothing compared to the whining he did over his DEAD spider.........:toofunny:....i don't remember the ridiculous amount he payed for it, but he only owned it for 2 hrs......:rofl:

i forgot to add.....he bought guppies and neons for his new aquarium.......AND FLUSHED THE CRICKETS DOWN THE TOILET !!! LMAO!!!

MACH1
09-25-2008, 11:05 PM
i had a friend do that to me with a trantulla he just bought and i didn't know he had.....i may have sounded a little girly, but it was nothing compared to the whining he did over his DEAD spider.........:toofunny:....i don't remember the ridiculous amount he payed for it, but he only owned it for 2 hrs......:rofl:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

The Duke
09-25-2008, 11:26 PM
dude, that's awesome!! Now I want to get one

I used to have a golden knee, but it was kinda boring

pretty fun to freak out your buddies that come over by laying one on them without them seeing....watch them scream like a girl...hehe...

:chuckle:

Well, that settles it, I need to get one of these.

Galax Steeler
09-26-2008, 05:12 AM
They look pretty cool.

steelwall
09-26-2008, 07:22 PM
They are very cool. I have a suspision I will soon have a bunch of little scorpions running around in the tank. I don't know what the heck I'm going to do then.

Im no scorpion expert but I'm pretty sure I've seen them mateing on a couple occassions recently.

When not mateing they fight like crazy, pretty awesome to watch.

I havent picked up the female since last night, but when you pick up the male he just chills out. I've never owned Scorpions before but I have to admit I've grown to really like these things.

klick81
09-27-2008, 11:48 AM

i forgot to add.....he bought guppies and neons for his new aquarium.......AND FLUSHED THE CRICKETS DOWN THE TOILET !!! LMAO!!!

LMAO!!! Poor spider.... :rofl:

steelwall
09-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Female is KIA. Picked her up tonight she went berserk, stung me and clinched on my middle finger and woulding let go. That sting F'n hurt. Had to take the bucher knife to her to cut off the freakin claw (we're talking several minutes here with the bastard latched on). King scorpions are not as docile as the pet shops would have you believe.

I'll be damned if I let a freakin scorpion sting me without relatiation. R.I.P little girl, may you join the freaked out scorpions in the sky.

rbryan
09-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Scorpions all over the place in North Georgia. Always in the basement and every now and then one makes it upstairs somehow. The wife freaks out, can't say I'm much more receptive to the little critters. Lets just say I won't be trying to pick one up.....lol. They are smaller here, maybe 2" max.

klick81
09-29-2008, 05:26 PM
We need pics of your wounds!

Stu Pidasso
09-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Hate to be the voice of reason, but HELLO! IT'S A FARKING SCORPION!!!! What did you expect would happen?

DUH

steelwall
09-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Hate to be the voice of reason, but HELLO! IT'S A FARKING SCORPION!!!! What did you expect would happen?

DUH

Ok scorpion expert, have you ever had a king scorpion? Do you know anything about them? If not shut up..... I had to kill a pet of mine, somethig was a miss. Mr. National Geographic not all scorpions are the same or have the same temperment.:tombstone

Hines0wnz
10-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks, I now have a theme for my nightmares tonight.

:thumbsup:

Preacher
10-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Ok scorpion expert, have you ever had a king scorpion? Do you know anything about them? If not shut up..... I had to kill a pet of mine, somethig was a miss. Mr. National Geographic not all scorpions are the same or have the same temperment.:tombstone

:toofunny: