PDA

View Full Version : Willie Out Until Week 7!!

SteelersTilIDie
09-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Willie could be gone until week 7!?

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/nfl-parker-out-until-week-7/1919/

Polamalu Princess
09-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh no...that is not good.

tony hipchest
09-25-2008, 09:22 PM
holy shit. very depressing.

not cause i dont have confidence in rashard, just that willie is a good guy and 1 of my fav's.

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2008, 09:33 PM
here's for all the people that bitched about taking a back, just to sit the bench, instead of reaching for a lineman.......:flipoff:

Edman
09-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Don't worry folks! The Offensive Lineman we drafted in the first round will be alright!

Oh wait...we didn't. We got Rashard Mendenhall instead.

MACH1
09-25-2008, 10:08 PM
The only up side to this is there's a bye week.

HughC
09-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I have faith Rashard will take advantage of the opportunity. We lost one game, the sky is not falling.

steel9guy
09-25-2008, 10:13 PM
WHAT WEEK 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Duke
09-25-2008, 10:15 PM
damn, that sucks.

rashard, moore, and davis should carry the load efficiently. and hopefully russell's in the mix too

as long as they don't call dookie.....

Preacher
09-25-2008, 10:18 PM
You know... all these injuries could really turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If we beat the Ratbirds this game, we are definitely able to compete for and probably take the AFCN.

What that means specifically, is that we have two D lineman and our RB that will be in mid-season form (not as much wear and tear) come play-off time.

Last year or three years ago, I would have been very worried. But this year with how the teams look... I think we can do it.

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2008, 10:23 PM
You know... all these injuries could really turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If we beat the Ratbirds this game, we are definitely able to compete for and probably take the AFCN.

What that means specifically, is that we have two D lineman and our RB that will be in mid-season form (not as much wear and tear) come play-off time.

Last year or three years ago, I would have been very worried. But this year with how the teams look... I think we can do it.
well the problem there is, when hamptons not playing football......he's eating.....:popcorn:

OneForTheToe
09-26-2008, 12:49 AM
I am not that shocked by that. It just means we will be without him for two games. Not a good think but it coyuld be worse.

Galax Steeler
09-26-2008, 03:41 AM
Hopefully we are getting all these injuries out of the way early and we can get everone back healthy after the bye and make a run down the stretch.

DACEB
09-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Hopefully we are getting all these injuries out of the way early and we can get everone back healthy after the bye and make a run down the stretch.

That's my take as well. What have we all said since the schedule came out;

The strongest steel is forged with the hottest fire!! :tt02:

The Duke
09-26-2008, 07:17 AM

exactly what I thought

and I hear keisel may be back after the bye too, so that's a start :thumbsup:

HometownGal
09-26-2008, 07:24 AM
That is awful news. That being said, I am throwing my confidence behind Mendy, Moore and Davis to get the job done. :thumbsup:

OL - we're going to need all of you to step up triple time!!! :tt03:

jblovein
09-26-2008, 08:20 AM
easy...that's only two games :)

getting Mendenhall doesn't seem so stupid after all now, does it? ALWAYS draft the best player around unless you're trying to finish up a Superbowl team (and let's face it, the Stees are not a Superbowl team).

Don't get mad at me for that comment either. Please don't. I love my Steelers. If it makes you feel better, I do think we're two O-lineman away from the Superbowl.

stlrtruck
09-26-2008, 08:30 AM
In 2004 we rested our season hopes in the hands of a rookie QB - you guys might remember him, he went undefeated through the regular season and then won the Super Bowl his sophomore slump year.

Now we put our next few weeks in the hands of an unproven rookie RB who in the preseason has lost a few fumbles. So-what! I stand behind Rashard and I know he'll do a great job!!

So Mr. Mendenhall welcome to the NFL - Monday Night Football. Mess up and that feeling you'll get is the skewer for you to be roasted on Tuesday!!

Me, I know you can do it! You are a Steeler, you are greatness waiting to happen! GO GET IT!!!

fansince'76
09-26-2008, 08:47 AM
easy...that's only two games :)

getting Mendenhall doesn't seem so stupid after all now, does it? ALWAYS draft the best player around unless you're trying to finish up a Superbowl team (and let's face it, the Stees are not a Superbowl team).

Don't get mad at me for that comment either. Please don't. I love my Steelers. If it makes you feel better, I do think we're two O-lineman away from the Superbowl.

Why get mad? You're simply stating fact. :drink:

Buzz05
09-26-2008, 08:49 AM
This will probably be a blessing in disguise. If Rashard can carry the load for a few weeks Parker comes back healthy and most of all Fresh. While defenders are starting to get warn town and injuries start taking their toll Parker will fresh and able to take control of games. No big deal. Its for this reason we have Mendenhall.

SteelerSBorN
09-26-2008, 09:01 AM
I believe Rashard will do good

Steelerfreak58
09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Mewelde Moore is a hell of a running back too he may be able to shine if he gets that chance in the coming weeks.

Tankus_Maximus
09-26-2008, 09:51 AM
AH QUE LA CHINGADA!!!!!

Michael Keller
09-26-2008, 09:54 AM
This unfortunate news could be off set by placing our offensive coordinator on INJURED RESERVED.

Dino 6 Rings
09-26-2008, 09:57 AM
So we don't have him vs the Ravens, then the Jags, and then against the BYE.

Then he comes back against the Bengals.

Rashad should be able to hold the ship til then and our D will keep us in every single game regardless of who is in the back field.

steelpride12
09-26-2008, 10:14 AM
AHHH! Well lets just wish Mendy the best of luck and hope the OL holds up for him.
GO MENDY!!!

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Well at least I am glad that I got R.M. on more than one of my fantasy teams. Lets hope he pans out.

CanadianSteel
09-26-2008, 11:43 AM
In recent games Willie has done poorly versis both the Ravens and Jags. Bring on the rook and lets see what he's got versus 2 of the tougher D's around.
Then Parker can come back fresher and hopefully Mendy will have earned more touched when he does

lilyoder6
09-26-2008, 03:17 PM
wow.. see fo was smart to draft a rb in the 1st..

thecoldwindblows
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
This is why we used our first round pick on Mendenhall. This season has been the year of the rookie running back, I'm sure that Rasheed sees that and wants to join the club. He might have a rough start on Monday against the ratbirds but he needs to get his feet wet sometime. As long as he holds onto the rock we should be fine.

Crow-Magnon
09-26-2008, 04:04 PM
This is why we used our first round pick on Mendenhall. This season has been the year of the rookie running back, I'm sure that Rasheed sees that and wants to join the club. He might have a rough start on Monday against the ratbirds but he needs to get his feet wet sometime. As long as he holds onto the rock we should be fine.

I guess Rice will have a big night then, too,