PDA

View Full Version : The College Football Choke Thread...

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 06:35 AM
(Nobody saw this one coming, right?:sofunny:)
USC deserves to be the charter member...

Next up: Georgia

STEELtownHAVOX
09-26-2008, 06:37 AM
i saw a few calls that were iffy in that game. Oh well, you have to overcome those calls if you're a great team especially in a conference rivalry.

atlsteelers
09-26-2008, 07:59 AM
(Nobody saw this on coming, right?:sofunny:)
USC deserves to be the charter member...

Next up: Georgia

I thought OSU was the charter member.

i think we will be alright. but you never know for sure. last nights game was great.

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Look, nobody chokes like USC chokes (well, Georgia is right up there...sorry, but it's true). The Trojans drop a game to some shitty team or other every single year, like clockwork...

Dino 6 Rings
09-26-2008, 11:25 AM
ESPN Thursday Night Football

Its Where Ranked Teams Go To DIE!!!!

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Seems like it was mostly Big East teams that was applicable too, though...

In all honesty, though? I still think USC has the most talent top-to-bottom. They came to play against the Buckeyes, and took last night off, and it bit them in the ass. They do this every year...take about 2 1/2, 3 quarters off, then try and stage a comeback by really playing for the last bit of the game and always come up short. It's that laid back, SoCal "whatever" thing...not real conducive to hardcore football...

Dino 6 Rings
09-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Last Season:
Thursday Night Upsets:
#20 Texas A&M lost to Miami Fla.
#8 Kentucky lost to # 11 South Carolina
#21 Florida State lost to Wake Forest
#2 South Florida lost to Rutgers
#2 Oregon lost to Arizona

This Season:
#24 South Carolina Lost to Vandy
#21 WVU lost to Colorado
# 1 USC Lost to Oregon State

It affects Everyone.

Penn St Steelers
09-26-2008, 12:13 PM
took last night off, and it bit them in the ass. They do this every year...take about 2 1/2, 3 quarters off, then try and stage a comeback by really playing for the last bit of the game and always come up short. It's that laid back, SoCal "whatever" thing...not real conducive to hardcore football...

I don't know about that, OS just beat them up and down the field last night in that 1st half.....I wouldn't call it USC took the 1st half off, more so OS came wanting it more.....just an old fashion butt kicking in that 1st half last night, give OS credit now

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 12:18 PM
The team that played last night looked NOTHING like the team that played two weeks in the Coliseum. They didn't come to play at all...I'll give OSU credit for pouring it on while USC floundered, but Oregon State is hardly some powerhouse national force to be reckoned with. USC simply choked...as they do every year...

Edman
09-26-2008, 12:40 PM
USC would be a top flight program and even have a few extra national titles under their belt if crap like this wouldn't happen. Losing to OSU in 2006, Losing to Stanford at home last year, and now this. Pete Carroll is overrated as all hell.

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Don't forget UCLA a couple years ago...

atlsteelers
09-26-2008, 01:30 PM
The team that played last night looked NOTHING like the team that played two weeks in the Coliseum. They didn't come to play at all...I'll give OSU credit for pouring it on while USC floundered, but Oregon State is hardly some powerhouse national force to be reckoned with. USC simply choked...as they do every year...

I think that USC thought they were playing the other OSU. hehe

lilyoder6
09-26-2008, 03:11 PM
the true freshman rb was just killing them in the running game.. and then his brother had 2 receiving games

pittsburghp8baller
09-27-2008, 01:29 PM
If Georgia loses, will it be that big of an upset? Bama is ranke 8th now, isnt it?

should be a good game, def gonna tune in. Alabama is def gonna bring it, but i gotta go with Georgia on this one

And btw, im SOOOO happy USC lost the other night. i was waiting for it , i knew it was gonna happen.

lilyoder6
09-27-2008, 06:57 PM
i think it might be.. b/c a lot of ppl had georgia in the NC and being number 1.. lot of ppl didn't think that bama would be this high

revefsreleets
09-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Actually, if Bama beats Georgia, that's not really a Bulldog choke. They usually lose to shitty teams when they choke. Bama is for real...

revefsreleets
09-27-2008, 07:42 PM
I have to amend that. Georgia is choking. Bama is good, but they ain't THAT good. 24-0?

CHOKE!!!!

lilyoder6
09-27-2008, 09:00 PM
bama is straight up murdering georgia right now....

black out what ???????

revefsreleets
09-27-2008, 09:28 PM
And IN Athens, too.

Georgia = overrated.
Florida = overrated.

SEC = overrated

lilyoder6
09-27-2008, 10:37 PM
yeah no shit about the sec.. all i been hearing is how good the sec is and how many teams they had in the top 10... vandy is doing better than most of them in conf play now.. lol..

SteelCityMan786
09-28-2008, 12:05 AM
yeah no shit about the sec.. all i been hearing is how good the sec is and how many teams they had in the top 10... vandy is doing better than most of them in conf play now.. lol..

Not to mention vandy is good once in a blue moon.

Mosca
09-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I'll say that this idea worked pretty well this weekend! All we need to do now is bring down Oklahoma.

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I love it...how did the SEC do against the Big 12 this weekend?

Texas 52 Arkansas 10

and the Razorbacks consider that a "rivalry" game. Wow. Beat down.

The SEC is NO BETTER Than any other conference in college football. Bottom line.

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 02:18 PM
yep.. they saying the SEC is the best of the best.. BULLshit... most teams lost in that conf this weekend....

and now u'll prob have 3 out of the top 4 maybe 5 be from the big 12.. but texas, ou and MU all have to play each other so u'll know some of these teams will be dropping