PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Im calling for it, a change at RB.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Figg mentioned this in a post in another thread and I was thinking the same thing earlier too so I thought it deserved its own thread....

I know our OL is nothing but a bunch of turnstyles these days, but when you have this you need a power back who can help make their own holes and power thru tackles.

Duce is the starter.
Jerome is the back up and comes in on goal line and short yardage like last year.
Willie is the 3rd down back. The guy can be amazing in spot duty for us especially on 3rd down.

I like willie alot, but he's just not getting it done and its not all his fault w/ our OL being sub par so far. When you need a boost, you need to get back to the Steeler power running game w/ Duce and Bettis and do what we do best. In that situation, a 3rd down back, Willie can be an excellent option.

Prosdo
11-29-2005, 06:11 PM
I have to agree with you. Right now as much as I do like Willie it's just not working. Powerbacks are our bread and butter. I think we need to try Duce starting with Bettis backing him up. It was a good formula last year. Couldn't hurt to try it.

Koopa
11-29-2005, 06:14 PM
i totally agree with you BRC..........actually i wanted a change as soon as he was shut down by the pats......... i like willie a lot and i know willie won't be a ***** if he is moved down on the chart and hell he was gonna be the third down back anyway before the season started so i think we should go back to what this team was supposed to be like........ and in april draft lendale white damn it!!

figg
11-29-2005, 06:16 PM
we're on the saem page http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2739&page=2

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Sounds good to me. Now if you could just Cowher to listen to you we might be all set.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2005, 06:28 PM
yeah I saw your post and since u and I were definately thinking the same thing, I figured a new thread devoted to the topic was in order. I forgot to give you credit for it in my initial post, but I fixed it now.

Good stuff bro !!! :cheers:

clevestinks
11-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Yes, I second the motion. I mentioned earlier that I`m not sure about Willie Parker, besides a big play here and there. He is not yet a back that can carry a team from time to time

RoethlisBURGHer
11-29-2005, 06:38 PM
I agree 5,000,000,000,000,000%

I like Willie,but we need a power back,not a speed back (except for certain situations).

I also think defenses have possibly figured Willie out,and therefore,he is easily stopped.

Koopa
11-29-2005, 06:41 PM
yeah all you got to do with willie is say boo and he'll fall down......... that's all i saw last night was everytime he was finna get hit he fell like that little ***** marvin harrison

RoethlisBURGHer
11-29-2005, 06:44 PM
yeah all you got to do with willie is say boo and he'll fall down......... that's all i saw last night was everytime he was finna get hit he fell like that little ***** marvin harrison

At first I thought Willie was a speed AND power back (which would be perfect,like LT),but now I think he is just a pure speed back...and doesn't really fit into this offense.

clevestinks
11-29-2005, 06:48 PM
You definitley need more blocks for Willie, and he aint getting them right now

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Jerome and Duce are used to making their own holes and carrying tacklers.. Willie can run hard for his size, but when there's no hole, u gotta be able to make one because u cant always bounch it outside, LB's are just too fast these days to live by that.

Stlrs4Life
11-29-2005, 07:46 PM
I think we need a change in OL. They couldn't block my grandmother, and she passed away years ago.

TasmanianTroy271
11-29-2005, 08:06 PM
I think our OL will be much better next year. We'll most definately have a new center, and hopefully Chris Kemoeatu will be able to take over for Kendall, and Max'll have another year under his belt. Then we can try using Willie again, but this year, it ain't happening.

steelcityjameser
11-29-2005, 10:37 PM
i have kind of felt like we have been saving duce for the end of the year and the now questionable post-season. it is time for him to take over the reigns. willie is beginning to look alot like amos zereoue. proof is in the pudding, so to speak. if willie produces he plays, he is not so it is time to find someone who will.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-29-2005, 11:24 PM
I agree, staley starts, bettis and parker to mix it up........
WHAT DO WE DO NEXT YEAR?????

Koopa
11-29-2005, 11:47 PM
I agree, staley starts, bettis and parker to mix it up........
WHAT DO WE DO NEXT YEAR?????

next year we draft lendale white........i keep saying lendale cause i only follow the longhorns in college football so i have no idea if there is any other power backs

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-30-2005, 12:14 AM
is it realistic that we can get him.......I dont even know who he is......
what round would he be taken???

Koopa
11-30-2005, 12:21 AM
lendale white is from usc and i have no idea if we can get him after the first round........ since we've lost 4 games we might have a decent pick in the draft

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2005, 01:15 AM
White may be a late first round pick or even maybe a mid first round pick.. he could go in the second depending on the needs of those in the first round.. but it would probably take some trading up to get him if we would go for it.

Steel - X
11-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Lendale will be a better back than Reggie Bush (if he even is a RB in the NFL). If we could snag him in the first that would be nice. He is one of those not top 10 but I see him between 10 and 20 which I do not think he will fall to us.

Its amazing how we all were so high on Willie but like much has been said he doesnt fit and I do nto think he would fit on any NFL team as a feature back. He is more of a Reggie Bush type not sure how his hand are but maybe put Staley or Bettis behind the QB and put Willie in the slot and let him stretch defense's. Something that we are not able to do which makes all the backs in the Burgh hurt for yardage.

Either that or put in the track star Q and ditch Wilson!

Steel Fury
11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm glad to see that others agree with me that Willie is not an every down back. I like the guy but he can't carry our team. Duce is the one that has me upset. All that money and he plays 10 plays. He should be our workhorse. If they were saving him, we kind of have our backs to the wall now we need something with our running game. 1st round draft pick OL, 2nd rd DL, 3rd rd RB

Steel - X
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
There is no way they use a pick in the first on a OL I do not think they are that bad at line they just need some depth. When Duce came to the burgh a few years back I hated every part of the move. Way to much money for a very injury prone back. Let Bettis and staley go to work or maybe more of Veron Haynes I like what I have seen from him in the past.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Figg mentioned this in a post in another thread and I was thinking the same thing earlier too so I thought it deserved its own thread....

I know our OL is nothing but a bunch of turnstyles these days, but when you have this you need a power back who can help make their own holes and power thru tackles.

Duce is the starter.
Jerome is the back up and comes in on goal line and short yardage like last year.
Willie is the 3rd down back. The guy can be amazing in spot duty for us especially on 3rd down.

I like willie alot, but he's just not getting it done and its not all his fault w/ our OL being sub par so far. When you need a boost, you need to get back to the Steeler power running game w/ Duce and Bettis and do what we do best. In that situation, a 3rd down back, Willie can be an excellent option.
Doesn't look like its going to happen. According to Cowher Willie will be the starter on Sun.