PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to scale back offense.

Edman
09-26-2008, 11:23 AM
http://postgazette.com/pg/08270/915226-66.stm

I don't know if this will help out the pass protection or not, but I guess this couldn't hurt.

Dino 6 Rings
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Get Back To Basics

Run Block First. Establish the Line of Scrimmage First, then work off the run with the Play Action Pass and deep balls.

Oh, and by the way...just in case anyone on the Steelers coaching staff has forgotten, a 3rd down and Short play, doesn't always have to mean you line up in an Effing Shotgun. Seriously...sometimes, you need to ram the ball down the other guys throat on 3rd and short.

Thank you, you have my number coaches if you want any more sound football advise.

DACEB
09-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Let's try to remember the back out of the backfield on a swing pass or dump pass.
Wasn't there a time we ran incredible screens to the RB?
How about putting Holmes in motion for a quick WR screen?
Let's NOT use the bunch formation so much!!
Try keeping McHugh in the backfield and unleash Miller!!
Bustem' up RushHard!!

I feel better!!

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Again, the way to beat the Rats is 3 or 4 yards on 1st and 2nd and get yourself managebale 3rd downs. It requires execution, so they'll have to play a lot better then they did last week, but I expect they will.

SteelMember
09-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Again, the way to beat the Rats is 3 or 4 yards on 1st and 2nd and get yourself managebale 3rd downs. It requires execution, so they'll have to play a lot better then they did last week, but I expect they will.

I'd say that's a good plan against any team, but as you've pointed out "execution" will be key.

Where's that guy with the Madden plays? Is HB Dive "X" or "O"?:chuckle:

markh
09-26-2008, 12:35 PM

I don't think they will even with a dumbed down offense. T-Sizzle and Trevor Price are ready to lay some "wood" on Big Ben and that porous offensive line can't stop it.:applaudit:

BurghZ0n3
09-26-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't think they will even with a dumbed down offense. T-Sizzle and Trevor Price are ready to lay some "wood" on Big Ben and that porous offensive line can't stop it.:applaudit:

I surely think ur QB will be hiding out in the parking lot after the first SACK...:banging::banging::banging: :tt::tt02::tt::tt02::tt:

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Prisoner #28456 not getting in on the action? Oh, that's right...he only has 2 1/2 tackles this year in 2 games.

Steeldude
09-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Prisoner #28456

lmao. i like that one.

fansince'76
09-26-2008, 02:17 PM

Assuming Ward doesn't knock them on their asses as well. :coffee:

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-26-2008, 02:56 PM

Your starting quarterback couldn't start over Tyler Palko at Pitt ... enough said.

lilyoder6
09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
i would like them to use more hb screens.. some quick slants would be nice... maybe get some shuffle passes going on..

i mean shit.. we went out and got moore b/c he so good out of the backfield catching the ball.. use him then

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Prisoner #28456 not getting in on the action? Oh, that's right...he only has 2 1/2 tackles this year in 2 games.

True, but when the MNF crew gets going, they will make it look like he had 30 tackles just in the first half.

I always love when Reed and McAllister make a tackle, then the "barber killer" piles on and Al Michaels says "WHAT AN AMAZING TACKLE BY LEWIS!!!"

tony hipchest
09-26-2008, 03:53 PM
. T-Sizzle and Trevor Price are ready to lay some "wood" on Big Ben :

seriously....

do you all really call him that? :chuckle:

that is so *ahem* G to the izzay.

Leftoverhard
09-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Get Back To Basics

Run Block First. Establish the Line of Scrimmage First, then work off the run with the Play Action Pass and deep balls.

What he said.

unleash Miller!!

And what he said.

And what he said.

And yeah, T-Sizzle? Aren't you embarrased? I mean just a little?

Give It To Abercrombie
09-26-2008, 04:35 PM

Just because your linebackers 'lay wood' to each other in the shower after games doesn't mean they'll be able to on the field.....

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Huh huh huh huh....he said they lay wood to each other...huh huh huh huh...

http://steelturman.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/03/31/beavis_and_butthead.png

Preacher
09-26-2008, 06:26 PM
I have a feeling this will be another thread moved! :chuckle:

stillers4me
09-26-2008, 06:28 PM

It went downhill pretty fast. :sofunny:

steelwall
09-26-2008, 06:45 PM
seriously....

:laughing::laughing:

X-Terminator
09-26-2008, 06:53 PM

It wouldn't have to be if a certain purple-wearing freak would realize that this is NOT the Blast Furnace, but rather a serious football discussion forum about the only team that matters in the NFL.

Preacher
09-27-2008, 01:17 AM
seriously....

That is just hilarious!!!

Galax Steeler
09-27-2008, 04:07 AM
Huh huh huh huh....he said they lay wood to each other...huh huh huh huh...

http://steelturman.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/03/31/beavis_and_butthead.png

:toofunny::toofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
09-27-2008, 09:23 AM
HORALE!! A Rat-bird fan to kick around!!

T-Sizzle? That sounds like the name of a steak you would order at a gay steak-house!!

And please, keep all the "wood" comments to yourself, what happens in the Ravens lockerroom stays in the Ravens lockerroom.

Pinche Cochino.

steelpride12
09-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Good the Steelers are getting back to how they should be playing. Run Run block, establish line of scrimmage and then play action.

And please Raven fan none of us here wanna hear about putting wood to Ben, Ben likes woman something you wouldn't know about, but please Ben wouldn't like that sorry for your loss.

missedgehead
09-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, as long as they get the offense back on track, I am all for it!