PDA

View Full Version : Cowher to Coach CLOWNS???

SmashMouthSteelerFan
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
An interesting article in the Columbus Dispatch...

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2008/09/26/arace26.ART_ART_09-26-08_C1_2PBEBJC.html?sid=101

It has some comical value to it, seems like some Clowns are ready to ditch their coach and Phil Savage to get the CHIN!!!!!

:tt::tt03::tt02::rofl::tt02::tt03::tt:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Ain't gonna happen. And if it did, I would be throwing a brick wrapped in a Terrible Towel through his living room window.

Edman
09-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Wouldn't bother me.

You think Cowher's wife would let him ditch their Carolina home to move back up North? I don't think so.

No, I think Bill is happy where he is for now. And even if he did go to Cleveland, he would want control of the personnel decisions and wouldn't answer to the GM. Savage in particular.

HometownGal
09-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Cowher will NEVER HC the Browns. If he coaches anywhere, it will be with the Panthers if John Fox doesn't do something with that team this season or the next. I think at this point, Browns fans would rather have Satan himself coach that team than Crennel. :evil::sign03:

rbryan
09-26-2008, 04:28 PM
He's under contract with CBS thru next year and says he plans to honor the contract.

IMO, 2010 in Cleveland is a distinct possiblity. The longer he holds out the higher the payday. He's a hot commodity right now but once he goes 3-4 years out of the game, there will be a little less interest, at least outside Cleveland.

Penn St Steelers
09-26-2008, 04:31 PM
I thought I heard where Billick was a potential hire there should RC get the can.......

as much as I liked Cowher as our HC, him being the HC for the Browns, Bengals who ever wouldn't bother me any bit, after all it's the team I love and follow, not the HC or even the players (they come and go) but the team still stays..........

revefsreleets
09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Cowher would take that job in a New York minute provided the Browns pay him about 11 mil a year...which they just might.

Havik
09-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't care if Cowher wants to coach the Clowns. The Steelers are Mike Tomlin's team. Chuck Noll is from Cleveland and played for the Browns for several years, then went on to coach their hated rival and lead them to four Super Bowl victories, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Cowher take over in Cleveland.

The Duke
09-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I doubt bill wants to lose twice a year against his former team

but he's free to go wherever he wants. but I doubt it happens

Cowher will NEVER HC the Browns. If he coaches anywhere, it will be with the Panthers if John Fox doesn't do something with that team this season or the next. I think at this point, Browns fans would rather have Satan himself coach that team than Crennel.

yep, I could see him going to the panthers, although they are looking pretty good this year and that may save fox

Steeler in Carolina
09-27-2008, 04:48 PM
How funny is it, that all the Clowns fans were predicted Super Bowl this year, and 3 games into the season they want to fire their coach.:rofl:

lilyoder6
09-27-2008, 06:50 PM
y would cowher want 2 come back and coach a shitty team and play his old team twice a yr??

revefsreleets
09-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Because he is relatively young. Because he's still a competitor. Because it's a challenge. Because he respects the Cleveland Browns as a franchise (the old Browns, the franchise as it was, not as it is), and, mostly, because they are one of the few teams who will pay him what he thinks he's worth. And, who's to say? It might actually be WORTH 11 million a year to bring a Super Bowl to Cleveland. THAT'S what they are trying to buy...

Galax Steeler
09-28-2008, 07:39 AM
He wouldn't look right standing on the sidlines in stain colors coaching the browns.

steelpride12
09-28-2008, 09:58 AM
This is the second year now this thread appears i don't believe he will coach the Clowns or even return as a head coach.

Angina
09-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Wasn't there some bad blood between Cowher and Art II at the end of Cowher's tenure here?

Maybe he'd use building the brownsmears into a contender as sweet revenge.

Angina

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 02:04 PM
well cheifs fans want cowher as coach next yr and vivk at qb.. lol

Hines0wnz
09-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm sticking with Carolina if he decides to coach again. Its the only move that makes sense for him at the moment.

Big D
09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
there is no such thing as loyalty. If he was such a loyal man he would have stuck out the duration of his contract. If the money and power was right he would sign up for the browns tommorow

revefsreleets
09-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Fox isn't going anywhere in Carolina, and they seem to be a resurgent team down there anyway. I wouldn't say bank it, but there is a strong chance Cowher is HC of the Browns by 2010.

KeiselPower99
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
He is gonna go somewhere stable and were patience is a key. cleveland is out of the equation.

revefsreleets
10-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Cleveland's FO would sell their collective souls to the Devil, and the mayor would present him with a key to the City.

Cleveland's FO is also very stable...they aren't very bright, but they are stable.

Dino 6 Rings
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
He wouldn't do it, I think he would be classier than that. I see him in the NFC if he comes back.

9-5
10-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Meh. We would have to fire RAC (not a bad thing) and Phil Savage. Plus, I think we will hire Chud as our HC after this season if we don't turn it around.

revefsreleets
10-07-2008, 01:04 PM
That would be the bargain basement route, for starters, and don't you actually promote OC's to HC when they are SUCCESSFUL? Right now the Browns are dead last (32) in total offense, 32nd in passing and 25th in rushing. Maybe that's "The Cleveland Browns Way"? No, not even they are that retarded...

Seriously dude, do you know ANYTHING about the game of football?

St33lersguy
10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I think Coeher rather be at CBS than back on the sidelines

NJarhead
10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
:rolleyes:

revefsreleets
10-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Seriously, the worse the Browns do this year, the HIGHER the possibility they fire Crennel and hire Cowher.

They'll PAY to win...they've already proven that.

9-5
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
That would be the bargain basement route, for starters, and don't you actually promote OC's to HC when they are SUCCESSFUL? Right now the Browns are dead last (32) in total offense, 32nd in passing and 25th in rushing. Maybe that's "The Cleveland Browns Way"? No, not even they are that retarded...
Seriously dude, do you know ANYTHING about the game of football?

Let's see, why are the Browns last in offense and passing? Oh yeah, we got a quarterback who sucks, a coach who has no clue what he's doing, receivers who aren't producing, a banged up line, and a banged up running back. But other then that, its Chud's fault.

OX1947
10-07-2008, 08:08 PM
10 mil per is the price tag for Cowher. He knows what he and his agent are doing. However, I am not sure if Cleveland can pay that kind of money but that is what it is going to take.

Ill tell you this, this probably wont happen but if the cowboys blow it again this year, Jerry Jones is capable of paying 12 million per. Everyone talks about Jason Garrett but if I were Jerry Jones and wanted some stability on a team that seems to be a little to erratic, he would be the perfect fit. One of the HUGE mistakes the coaching staff is doing right now is not starting Felix Jones and giving him the ball 25 times a game.

Dallas line is very good and Jones is 1300-1500 type back, yet they are passing to set up the run. And on top of it they have Barber who is a team guy who will do anything. Bad management in Dallas and it will cost them a title if they don't go to the basics. Cowher would bring that to them. But Im glad their dumb, i would throw up in my hat if I saw Cowher in a Star uniform...

stlrtruck
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
10 mil per is the price tag for Cowher. He knows what he and his agent are doing. However, I am not sure if Cleveland can pay that kind of money but that is what it is going to take.

Ill tell you this, this probably wont happen but if the cowboys blow it again this year, Jerry Jones is capable of paying 12 million per. Everyone talks about Jason Garrett but if I were Jerry Jones and wanted some stability on a team that seems to be a little to erratic, he would be the perfect fit. One of the HUGE mistakes the coaching staff is doing right now is not starting Felix Jones and giving him the ball 25 times a game.

Dallas line is very good and Jones is 1300-1500 type back, yet they are passing to set up the run. And on top of it they have Barber who is a team guy who will do anything. Bad management in Dallas and it will cost them a title if they don't go to the basics. Cowher would bring that to them. But Im glad their dumb, i would throw up in my hat if I saw Cowher in a Star uniform...

Jerry Jones wouldn't want to have to deal with the fact he'd have to get rid of some of his diva's in order to have Cowher. On top of the fact that Cowher doesn't pull any punches when it comes to how one represents the team!!!

lilyoder6
10-07-2008, 09:50 PM
plz.. barber is so much better than jones right now.. that WOULD BE a huge mistake if they started felix over barber

lilyoder6
10-07-2008, 09:51 PM
and u would think that cowher had some problems with porter and some others.. just think going to dallas with what the media brings about of t.o pacman and who ever else

Preacher
10-08-2008, 12:19 AM
I doubt Cowher is going anywhere.

Why would he leave a city and a team where he is pretty much ASSURED a broad sweeping hand... without much interference, for places like Cleveland, Dallas, or anywhere else

Not going to happen, at least I see it.

revefsreleets
10-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Because Cleveland will give him that control AND the money Pittsburgh never would.

fansince'76
10-08-2008, 09:13 AM
July:

That could happen, but I don't think it will. I think we will go 10-6 and win the division.

October:
Let's see, why are the Browns last in offense and passing? Oh yeah, we got a quarterback who sucks, a coach who has no clue what he's doing, receivers who aren't producing, a banged up line, and a banged up running back. But other then that, its Chud's fault.

Looks like reality has firmly set in here.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Cowher would come to Cleveland for these reasons:

1. The Money. He wants at least $10M a year, and Cleveland's ownership is willing to give it to him.

2. Control. He wants more control over player personell desicions than what he had in Pittsburgh. Now I feel we had the perfect blend with Cowher and Colbert. The final desicion was always Kevin Colbert's and Dan Rooney's....but Cowher's opinion was always important and we often took players that Cowher wanted.

This time around he wants total control, to be coach and GM where the only person that can possibly overrule him is ownership. I personally think that's putting too much on one's plate, but it's what Cowher wants.

3. The chance to build a team from the ground up. When he came to Pittsburgh we had the players in place, but they needed a kick in the ass to get motivated. It's a little bit different in Cleveland.

There are some peices, and a good part that need replacing. The defense for one needs a lot of parts changed. Cowher will keep the 3-4, but he'd also make it work. He knows what types of players are needed for the system, and Cleveland doesn't have those players.

The offense is a bit better off. The offensive line isn't that bad, they are just really hurting right now and need to be healthy. I think they have a good QB in Quinn and good targets in Edwards and Winslow....though they might not stick around under Cowher due to their attitudes.But he knows that he needs a power-run based offense in Cleveland because this high-powered passing stuff doesn't work when the weather changes.

The Browns biggest problem in choosing head coaches since they have come back is that they always took flyers on guys who have never been a head coach at the pro level before or who had never had success.

If they bring in Cowher, or another guy who is established it would be best for them because the coach would already have the respect of the players.

Now with that said, I hope they give Romeo a lifetime contract.

9-5
10-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Looks like reality has firmly set in here.
Yeah, and in July nobody was hurt and DA wasn't sucking. Kinda hard to think the injury bug would hit as hard as it has. DA sucking......yeah could of seen it coming. But the concussion hasn't helped either.

And it would figure we find our freaking offense and have to wait 15 days to play again.:doh:

9-5
10-08-2008, 11:10 PM
The offense is a bit better off. The offensive line isn't that bad, they are just really hurting right now and need to be healthy. I think they have a good QB in Quinn and good targets in Edwards and Winslow....though they might not stick around under Cowher due to their attitudes.But he knows that he needs a power-run based offense in Cleveland because this high-powered passing stuff doesn't work when the weather changes.
What attitude? If you are referring to his incident vs the bungles, BE is just frustrated because the Browns are under achieving and he is playing bad. No big deal, it shows he cares and wants to win. Which would you like? A player who got down when things didn't go his way or a player who got pissed off and tried to do better?

tony hipchest
10-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeah, and in July nobody was hurt and DA wasn't sucking. Kinda hard to think the injury bug would hit as hard as it has. DA sucking......yeah could of seen it coming. But the concussion hasn't helped either.

And it would figure we find our freaking offense and have to wait 15 days to play again.:doh:
concussion? :sofunny:

big ben was in a freaking motorcycle accident, missed game due to appendix removal AND had a concussion, yet was just a few plays away from a playoff berth.

:noidea: everybody is always hurt in Staphland Ohio. its a built in part of the equation, not an excuse.

did you relly think the "injury bug" *cough staph cough* wouldnt hit?

9-5
10-09-2008, 12:44 AM
concussion? :sofunny:

big ben was in a freaking motorcycle accident, missed game due to appendix removal AND had a concussion, yet was just a few plays away from a playoff berth.

:noidea: everybody is always hurt in Staphland Ohio. its a built in part of the equation, not an excuse.

did you relly think the "injury bug" *cough staph cough* wouldnt hit?
And how many of those plays were Ben interceptions? Ben played like crap when he had a concussion.

Yes I thought the bug would hit, it does for every team, just not as bad has it has hit. Not counting Dainty Stallworthless' PMS........I mean "quad pull":doh:

revefsreleets
10-09-2008, 10:15 AM

A) There are injuries in camp every year for the Browns. Every. Year. And major ones.
B) DA started sucking last December but the Kleveland Kool-Aid drinkers (don't feel bad...your FO is just as dumb as you in these matters) refused to see it.
C) "Found your offense"? You played the Bengals. They are AA ball of the NFL right now...the Browns face tougher challenges defensively against their own scout team.