PDA

View Full Version : RIP Paul Newman

tony hipchest
09-27-2008, 12:58 PM
wow. 83 is a long life. its just sad to see these dominoes start to fall. i know its not long before we hear of clint eastwood, steve martin, etc...

sad when people you look up to, idolize, and respect, leave this place.

God bless his family and the Newman's Own food co. may it continue to prosper.

GBMelBlount
09-28-2008, 08:46 AM
RIP Paul Newman. Great man. Married 50 years, donated almost a quarter billion to charity, had some great movies; Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy, Sting, Slapshot....

My brother did a roofing job for him at his house in Westport, CT in the 90's.

HometownGal
09-28-2008, 08:52 AM
I heard of Paul Newman's death yesterday and was deeply saddened, as he was truly a great actor, a loving family man and an empathetic, kind and generous person. I especially loved him in Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid and The Sting - great movies that will live on! Most definitely one of the sexiest men to ever grace the screen - those blue eyes were incredible!

http://theroadshowversion.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/newman.jpg

RIP, Mr. Newman, and condolences to the wife and children that you loved so much. :tombstone

Galax Steeler
09-28-2008, 09:04 AM
R.I.P. Paul Newman

Texasteel
09-28-2008, 09:18 AM
I think my favorite movie of his was " Cat on A Hot Tin Roof ". Great actor, race car driver, and the kind of guy I wish I could have been.
Rich and Good Looking.

Preacher
09-28-2008, 10:59 AM
In truth... The love and devotion of his wife for so many years speaks more about the man then anything else.

It sure is a sad time when Reggie Dunlop has gone to the penalty box in the sky.

Polamalu Princess
09-28-2008, 11:11 AM
RIP Paul. May God be with his family.

The Duke
09-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Cool Hand Luke, one of my favorite old movies

I guess he had a great life till 83, but still....

RIP

revefsreleets
09-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Total class, a great actor, and a great human...he actually used his celebrity to make the World a better place...

Leftoverhard
09-28-2008, 12:07 PM
RIP Paul Newman. A genuinely nice guy.

GBMel - My dad tiled his bathroom and kitchen in the 70's and my mom cut his hair. For being so famous, he sure seemed down to earth - both of my parents really cherish that memory.

GutterflowerSteel
09-28-2008, 12:11 PM
He was one of the last of the truly great movie legends of our time ~ a selfless man and an inspiring actor whose star power radiated in every movie he was ever in. My favorites were Butch Cassidy &The Sundance Kid, Hitchc0ck's Torn Curtain and also 70s disaster movie The Towering Inferno.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4452/butchcassidysundancebh0bw7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
RIP Paul Newman ~ you will never be forgotten. Those blazing blue eyes will live forever in film.

GBMelBlount
09-28-2008, 12:40 PM
RIP Paul Newman. A genuinely nice guy.

GBMel - My dad tiled his bathroom and kitchen in the 70's and my mom cut his hair. For being so famous, he sure seemed down to earth - both of my parents really cherish that memory.

I would imagine. Again, just a shame. But I guess we still have modern day icons of altruism like Brangelina! :chuckle:

Leftoverhard
09-28-2008, 04:10 PM
But I guess we still have modern day icons of altruism like Brangelina! :chuckle:

:laughing: Yeah, you don't get much more down to earth than that. lol