PDA

View Full Version : Nakamura as Polamalu?

SteelersMongol
09-28-2008, 10:57 PM
I was reading this article, & this part caught my eye. The Ratbirds R trying hard & they're serious. Click on the web & you guys can see the picture of him with wig.

... IMITATION: Haruki "Polamulu" Nakamura

When rookie safety Haruki Nakamura got to his locker on Wednesday, he found a wig with long black hair. “I thought [Justin] Bannan was playing another joke, so I threw it in his locker,” Nakamura said. At practice that day, one of the coaches asked Haruki where his wig was. “I figured it out then. I was going to be playing Troy Polamalu at practice.”

Nakamura has worn the wig ever since. His picture is attached here. “It was fun to wear, but it did have a purpose. Joe [Flacco] clearly knew where I was lining up as Troy when we were giving our offense the expected Steeler defenses,” Nakamura explained...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2008/09/Byrne_Identity_-_No_Sympathy.aspx

Steelman16
09-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Facing the real thing will be a much different story though. I expect Polamalu to be superb as usual.

:tt02:

You watch, Troy will put up his hair inside his helmet this week. :chuckle:

The Duke
09-28-2008, 11:42 PM
lol, that seems like a good strategy, but I doubt it works. flacco has yet to play someone like polamalu, another reason why he'll struggle

hopefully troy continues his streak of interceptions tomorrow :tt02:

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 11:54 PM
that is pretty funny to think about tho... nice way to prepare for someone

Galax Steeler
09-29-2008, 04:33 AM
I don't see how that can even coming close to being Troy he will be playing alot harder then what Flacco will be seeing.

stillers4me
09-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Funny.....but he'll never know where Troy will really be. Bwahahahahahaha!

Who dressed up as the silverback? :hunch:

steelpride12
09-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Haha too bad no matter how much he dresses like him, he will never be as good as the real Polumalu!

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
We will adust without Casey in the D-Lineup because we got Troy, Woodley, Farrior, Harrison, Smith etc...need I go on. We will be GTG. They can't imitate the Superfly Snuka Polamalu. What are they thinking?

Dizzle43
09-29-2008, 12:34 PM
I think that is funny. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Funny.....but he'll never know where Troy will really be. Bwahahahahahaha!

Who dressed up as the silverback? :hunch:lol. they borrowed an angry gorilla from the zoo.

klick81
09-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Interestingly, Polamalu had his hair up during the pre-game warmups. Wonder if he'll keep it up for the game, and if this has anything to do with it?