PDA

View Full Version : Will Cowher Return?

Elvis
09-29-2008, 09:47 AM
I really dont think that Bill Cowher will return at this time.. I think that if he ever returns it will be like Dick Vermiel did with alot of years in retirement myself. So, the burning question is?

Will Coach Bill Cowher return to coach in the NFL the next few years?
:noidea:

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Never say never...he will be back someday. Maybe sooner than later and I believe he will come to regret it.

pitt
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
A few years from now he may coach again.

revefsreleets
09-29-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm saying yes, but with the caveat that it's only under the right circumstances. There are only a few teams that will pay what he wants, and I don't think he'll coach just anywhere. Forget Carolina...John Fox is very secure there. Washington? Not as long as they are winning. The Cowboys? They'll pay, but is that what Cowher wants? NY? Ehhh...maybe, but it's a reach...

I really only see Cleveland. They are probably willing to pay (and they throw good money after bad all the time, i.e. extending Crennel), they have a history, and Crennel's demise is a matter of when, not if.

steelreserve
09-29-2008, 12:12 PM
He'll definitely come back someday, but not right away. I imagine he'll probably end up on some mediocre team trying to come out of a "rebuilding" mode, and his system won't work as well there as it did in Pittsburgh, and after 3 years everyone is fed up and he either quits or gets fired.

MACH1
09-29-2008, 12:13 PM
What about detroit. He possibly could end up there.

steelreserve
09-29-2008, 12:35 PM
What about detroit. He possibly could end up there.

Hey, I've got another idea that will work just as well: He could buy a gun, put some bullets in it, then put the barrel in his mouth and pull the trigger. From a career standpoint, that'll have about the same effect as coaching the Lions.

revefsreleets
09-29-2008, 06:39 PM
The list of teams that will pay over 10 mil is VERY short. I don't think Detroit is on it...

hizmi
09-30-2008, 12:58 AM
I'd hate to see him come back and coach the Clowns or the Bungals...Cowher is a LEGEND but coming back to coach a rival would knock him down a few pegs in my eyes.

stlrtruck
09-30-2008, 08:09 AM
I think eventually he'll be lured out of retirment ala Dick Vermeil, Joe Gibbs, and the Big Tuna.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2008, 09:18 AM
He will be back, IMHO.

Cleveland
Cincinnati
Giants
Jets
Redskins
Cowboys

Those are the only teams I can see possibly paying him what he will want.

memphissteelergirl
09-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here...he's got a pretty nice gig at CBS. I don't see him giving that up anytime soon. :noidea: