PDA

View Full Version : Sad News About Jags' Collier

lilyoder6
09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
i just heard at the end of nfl live b4 going to work.. Collier the one who got shot b4 the season started...

that collier the back up guard to the jaguars was shot 14 times.. and now is paralyzed from the waist down, and had to imputate one of his legs

The Duke
09-29-2008, 03:18 PM
that's just terrible

but to survive 14 shots, the man is a warrior

I wish him all the luck in the world

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars offensive tackle Richard Collier, who was shot earlier this month, is paralyzed below the waist and has had his left leg amputated, his doctors said Monday.

They said Collier, who had 14 bullet wounds, is now in stable condition after being previously listed in critical condition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3616696

Preacher
09-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Wow.

Edman
09-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Holy ****. This is HORRIBLE, horrible news.

HometownGal
09-29-2008, 03:46 PM
OMG - that is just awful news. I send Rich Collier my prayers and good vibes that he will survive this tragedy and live a long life. :drink: I hope they caught the perps and nail them to the wall. :mad:

MasterOfPuppets
09-29-2008, 03:50 PM
when are these guys gonna learn to steer clear of the criminal element ? live like a thug....die like a thug.

steelpride12
09-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Just nice to see he survived because 14 gun shots is pretty crazy. An Angel touched him that day.

X-Terminator
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Damn shame.

My prayers to him and his family. An angel was definitely with him that day for him to survive all of those gunshot wounds.

stillers4me
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
when are these guys gonna learn to steer clear of the criminal element ? live like a thug....die like a thug.

Very sad, but true.

Godfather
09-29-2008, 11:33 PM

How do you know it was his fault? Innocent people get victimized all the time.

MasterOfPuppets
09-30-2008, 12:20 AM
How do you know it was his fault? Innocent people get victimized all the time.the article did suggest he was targeted....

The motive behind the attack on Collier is unknown, but investigators said earlier he appeared to be targeted. Police have made no arrests in the shooting.

pittsburghp8baller
09-30-2008, 12:50 AM
jus because he was 'targeted' doesnt mean he lived a thug type of live.

athletes are high profiled celebrities, even backup lineman. it could of been a old high school or college friend or something that is jealous that he is making all this money. even a jealous relative, or jus somebody with a sick mind who jus decided to do that.

one of my closest friends was shot 7 times, never even did as much as cheat on a test, was never late for school none of that. sometimes stuff like that

steelreserve
09-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, this is about the saddest thing I've heard all day.

STEELtownHAVOX
09-30-2008, 11:52 AM

who said he was about gang banging?

best wishes to him.

p.s.
you were probably one of those people who said sean taylor was out in the middle of night pulling a pacman too. show some respect.

MrHarrison92
09-30-2008, 11:56 AM
See, just because your famous doesn't mean that your invincible! Sad that this had to happen. In my mind, if those shooters wanted him dead then he would be right now.

JackHammer
09-30-2008, 12:04 PM

I voting for this for the most ignorant statement of the year.

STEELtownHAVOX
09-30-2008, 12:24 PM
I voting for this for the most ignorant statement of the year.

i concur.

MasterOfPuppets
09-30-2008, 01:44 PM
who said he was about gang banging?

best wishes to him.

p.s.
you were probably one of those people who said sean taylor was out in the middle of night pulling a pacman too. show some respect.

never said he was, "about gangbanging"....do you think its just a coincidence that its always the african america athletes involved in these shootings? my point was, if you disassociate yourself from the criminal elements, which includes certain people and certain places, you'll vastley decrease your chances of becoming a victim of these so called " random shootings"

iloveben7
09-30-2008, 04:58 PM
You guys have no right to blame Collier for this. My prayers are with him, his family, his friends, and his teammates.

STEELtownHAVOX
10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
never said he was, "about gangbanging"....do you think its just a coincidence that its always the african america athletes involved in these shootings? my point was, if you disassociate yourself from the criminal elements, which includes certain people and certain places, you'll vastley decrease your chances of becoming a victim of these so called " random shootings"

yeah well your post says otherwise.