PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Early Draft Outlook Rankings

Elvis
09-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Just because I think that our Defensive Line is gonna be one of our biggest needs for the upcoming '09 season I will start this with the D Line..

2009 NFL Draft Defensive Line Rankings

By: Robert Davis | Updated: 9/22 Defensive End
George Selvie, South Florida, Jr.
Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/michael_johnson.html)
Tyson Jackson, LSU (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/tyson_jackson.html)
Greg Hardy, Ole Miss, Jr.
Greg Middleton, Indiana, Jr.
Brian Orapko, Texas
Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconsin
Kyle Moore, USC
Brandon Swain, West Texas AM
Larry English, N. Illinois
Defensive Tackle
Fili Moala, USC
Sen’Derrick Marks, Auburn, Jr.
Geno Atkins, Georgia, Jr
Peria Jerry, Ole Miss
BJ Raji, Boston College
Vince Oghobasse, Duke, Jr.
Ricky Jean-Francois, LSU, Jr.
Terrance Taylor, Michigan
Vance Walker, Georgia Tech
George Hypolite, Colorado

Elvis
09-29-2008, 04:17 PM
And now our Offensive Line Prospects[/I][/B]2009 NFL Draft Offensive Line Rankings

By: Robert Davis | Updated: 9/22

Tackle
Michael Oher, Ole Miss (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/michael_oher.html)
Eugene Monroe, Virginia
Andre Smith, Alabama, Jr. (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/andre_smith.html)
Ciron Black, LSU, Jr.
Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/phil_loadholt.html)
Jason Smith, Baylor
Alex Boone, Ohio St.
Jamon Meredith, South Carolina
Sam Young, Notre Dame, Jr.
Adam Ulatoski, Texas, Jr.
Guard

Duke Robinson, Oklahoma
Herman Johnson, LSU
Jeff Byers, USC (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/jeff_byers.html)
Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin
Tyronne Green, Auburn
Cedric Dockery, Texas
Trevor Canfield, Cincinnati
Louis Vazquez, Texas Tech
Anthony Parker, Tennessee
Andy Kemp, Wisconsin
Center

Alex Mack, Cal (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/alex_mack.html)
Max Unger, Oregon
Jonathan Luigs, Arkansas
Antoine Caldwell, Alabama
Eric Wood, Louisville
Continue to DL rankings --> (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/dl.html)

Elvis
09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Remember This Guy Come April If He Declares For the Draft

Taylor Mays S 6’3 230 USC Jr.

By: Robert Davis http://www.footballsfuture.com/pic/photos/taylor_mays_300_250.jpg

Mays was expected to be eased into action as a freshman, but a season ending knee injury to starter Josh Pinkard forced him into action. He started 12 games as a freshman, tallying 62 tackles and four interceptions on the year.
As a sophomore last year, he again was the teams starter at free safety and he finished the year with 65 tackles and a pick, earning quite a few All American awards in the process.
Strengths
You could not draw up a better safety prospect than Taylor Mays. He has fantastic size, at a chiseled 6’3 230lbs, but combines that with fantastic speed and athleticism. It is not all just in workouts that Mays stands out. He displays all those gifts on the field as well.
His role at USC has been to patrol deep coverage and be the last line of defense. That has limited his ability to produce eye popping stats, and limits his opportunities near the line of scrimmage. He is physical and will lay offensive players out on the field. With his strength and speed, he packs a punch when he hits receivers. Mays has shown the athleticism to match up in coverage with players, and the speed to cover a lot of ground when he has to pursue. There isn’t anything on the field he cannot do.
Weaknesses
Mays has missed a fair amount of tackles, which shouldn’t happen considering his size. The problem appears to be that he tries to knock people out instead of trying to wrap up. He will have to work on that tendency in the NFL, because it will be a major problem in the league. While his role doesn’t allow him to fly around the field with reckless abandon, you would like to see more playmaking numbers from Mays as well.
Future With all the talent on the USC defense, Mays may actually be limited on the field because he doesn’t get to fly around the field making plays. He draws criticism because his numbers pale in comparison to other top prospects, but it is not because he cannot do them. As a junior this year though, you do want to see him take advantage of more opportunities and make some more plays. If Mays continues to improve and declares for the draft, he is a player that could be drafted extremely high.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-01-2008, 12:57 AM
I saw a projection that maybe Tyson Jackson doesnt have the measurables and he ends up sliding to the Steelers at the end of the first.

Good 3-4 DE prospect. I'd be happy with that and hopefully using a compensatory pick in the Faneca loss to trade up in the 2nd for a lineman on the other side of the ball.

Havik
10-01-2008, 07:40 PM
I like Vance Walker from Georgia Tech. He is good at getting to the quarterback and stopping the run.

Texasteel
10-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I like Vance Walker from Georgia Tech. He is good at getting to the quarterback and stopping the run.

I was a big Walker fan early, but he has been sliding bad. We might even be able to pick him up in the 3rd round unless he starts to recover a little

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
2009 NfL Draft MUST be offensive and defensive line all day. No excuses this time and I don't care who's left on the board.

The Duke
10-03-2008, 06:39 PM
2009 NfL Draft MUST be offensive and defensive line all day. No excuses this time and I don't care who's left on the board.

you don't care who's left on the board? sure, let them get a bust :coffee:

I'm so glad we have GMs!!

nice findings Elvis :hatsoff:

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-04-2008, 08:59 PM
you don't care who's left on the board? sure, let them get a bust :coffee:

I'm so glad we have GMs!!

nice findings Elvis :hatsoff:

So your going to be happy if we ignore the offensive line again in this draft? This off-season we're losing nobody and our only weaknesses from making this team GREAT is the O-Line. We have 8 picks so far and I think at least 4 should be used on O and D lineman.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-05-2008, 01:19 AM
IF the Steelers used the first round pick for an OT this year.....it would have been a huge reach. Anthony Collins was the next OT taken and I think he went in the 3rd. No use reaching too far.

The good thing is between O and D line, there should be somebody there in the first couple rounds worth taking.

Just watched the Ohio St game and Alex Boone looks heavy footed. Kind of a slower version of Joe Thomas, but he doesnt even look to have decent balance. I think his #7 ranking of the OT's is probably decently accurate. He will likely be a RT in the NFL.

MasterOfPuppets
10-05-2008, 01:49 AM
IF the Steelers used the first round pick for an OT this year.....it would have been a huge reach. Anthony Collins was the next OT taken and I think he went in the 3rd. No use reaching too far.

The good thing is between O and D line, there should be somebody there in the first couple rounds worth taking.

Just watched the Ohio St game and Alex Boone looks heavy footed. Kind of a slower version of Joe Thomas, but he doesnt even look to have decent balance. I think his #7 ranking of the OT's is probably decently accurate. He will likely be a RT in the NFL. i got a feeling there's gonna be another mad scramble for linemen, just like last year.other than a too good to pass up CB, or safety what other position could they address, that wouldn't be viewed as a frivelous pick? if the run on linemen starts, i sure as hell hope they look to trade up to get one. even if its mack or robinson. philly has 2 first rd picks, and they need tackles just as bad as we do. reed even said he would have taken a tackle (otah) last year had they not traded, so its a safe bet, that they'll get at least 1 next year if not 2.

Texasteel
10-05-2008, 11:45 AM
The linemen I see worth a 1st round pick right now.

OT
Michael Oher / Ole Miss. ( No way )
Andre Smith / Jr. / Alabama ( No way )
Eugene Monroe / Virg. ( Not likely )
Ciron Black / LSU-- my favorite ( Not Likely)

OG
Duke Robinson / Okl. ( No way )

OC
Now these are real possobilitys.
Alex Mack / Cal
Jonathon Luigs / Ark.

I don't think we get one of the top OTs, remember Brown was picked before our 1st pick this year. But I think there are several players that could really help us in the 2nd and maybe 3rd rounds.

Forget about Robinson, go to the kichen in the 1st hour of the draft and you could miss his name.

OC is where our real possablities are. Its a position we need to fix, and either Mack or Luigs will be there when we pick. This is where I think our 1st pick will be. I like Mack but won't turn my nose up at Luigs.
Other wise I think they will look at DE/DT in the 1st round.

Names that could change things if they slide that far.
CB
Malcom Jenkins / Ohio St.
Vontae Davis / Jr / Ill.
D.J. Moore / Jr / Vandy.

S
Taylor May / USC
Myron Rolle / Jr / Florida St.
William Moore / Miss.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah, if the Steelers cant find a free agent LT, they may have to make a move to get one in the draft.

Starks and Smith dont look to be resigned. They could goto the draft with only Colon and Hills under contract.......in that case drafting Alex Mack makes no sense.

MasterOfPuppets
10-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, if the Steelers cant find a free agent LT, they may have to make a move to get one in the draft.

Starks and Smith dont look to be resigned. They could goto the draft with only Colon and Hills under contract.......in that case drafting Alex Mack makes no sense.so ya think there gonna let thier left tackle walk , then turn around and sign a cheaper,most likely inferior, free agent left tackle......:scratchchin: .....hell of a way to build a winner .....:thumbsup:

rbryan
10-06-2008, 05:29 PM
These guys are all gonna be gone by the time we pick and anyone else is a reach.

Maybe start looking towards 2010??

Seriously though, Make your best guess at who you can move up for and hope he pans out.

If theres nobody worth taking at #2 then trade down and get multiple 3rd round quality prospects. You can't neglect the OL anymore.

Texasteel
10-06-2008, 05:50 PM

Starks and Smith dont look to be resigned. They could goto the draft with only Colon and Hills under contract.......in that case drafting Alex Mack makes no sense.

I don't know if I could say taking Mack makes no sense in any case, but then I love the guy and am not at all happy with our center position.
I agree that given the choice I would rather have one of the OTs I mentioned. IMO you can just forget about Oher and Smith, and I'm really not sure just what Monroe or Black would cost us, but if it were workable I would rather take Black or ever Monroe and try to find a center in the 2nd or 3rd.
It is my opinion that once you get past these 4 OTs finding a player that could play a lot of minutes at LT would be a bit of a crap shot.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
so ya think there gonna let thier left tackle walk , then turn around and sign a cheaper,most likely inferior, free agent left tackle......:scratchchin: .....hell of a way to build a winner .....:thumbsup:

They made no attempt to sign Smith. They might have been able to extend his deal and lessen the cap count for this season. He appears to be on the way out the door just like Faneca last season.....but Smith is being a pro about it.

I think they may try the market and might end up paying more for a good younger OT like Jordan Gross or end up holding the bag on a guy that can play but is over the hill like Tra Thomas.

I was in favour of extending Smith this year, then drafting somebody next year that can step in by 2010 or 2011 when Smith could be released or traded.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't know if I could say taking Mack makes no sense in any case, but then I love the guy and am not at all happy with our center position.

I love the chance of Mack playing for 10 seasons in B&G too. It all depends if they can solidify the LT position in the offseason. IMO, Starks, Hills or Essex are not good options at LT and Marvel Smith appears to be on the way out.

MasterOfPuppets
10-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I love the chance of Mack playing for 10 seasons in B&G too. It all depends if they can solidify the LT position in the offseason. IMO, Starks, Hills or Essex are not good options at LT and Marvel Smith appears to be on the way out.well the way i see it......
smith - no offers....could use the transition tag, but i doubt it.....bye marvel
starks - couldn't get on the field after marvel went out .....bye max
essex - why have they not even tried him at right tackle, and get him some game experience if there serious about him at left? can he be any worse than colon ?......bye essex

St33lersguy
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
All I care about is lineman prospects. Our DL isd getting old and injury prone and our OL is our clear cut weakness. Best lineman available 1st 4 rounds not counting DE that would be LB in a 3-4 scheme.

St33lersguy
10-07-2008, 08:14 PM
CB
Malcom Jenkins / Ohio St.
Vontae Davis / Jr / Ill.
D.J. Moore / Jr / Vandy.

S
Taylor May / USC
Myron Rolle / Jr / Florida St.
William Moore / Miss.

Screw those guys, if they're gone in the 1st 3 rounds then i want no part of them. We don't need to be dicking around with DBs, we need a younger DL and an OL that will give Big Ben the protection he deserves and the protection he needs to remain healthy enough to play by the time Ben's plays out his rich contract.

Aussie_steeler
10-08-2008, 12:10 AM
They made no attempt to sign Smith. They might have been able to extend his deal and lessen the cap count for this season. He appears to be on the way out the door just like Faneca last season.....but Smith is being a pro about it.

I think they may try the market and might end up paying more for a good younger OT like Jordan Gross or end up holding the bag on a guy that can play but is over the hill like Tra Thomas.
I was in favour of extending Smith this year, then drafting somebody next year that can step in by 2010 or 2011 when Smith could be released or traded.

It is not the steeler way to draft and start an O lineman especially a LT .

I tend to agree that they will go after a free agent LT and would like to draft Mack (1st) but probably get Luigs (2nd) for the future. Then they can spend next year behind Hartwig and take over the center duties for the next 9 - 10 years.

A tackle will be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd (Fenuki Tupou, Jamon Meredith or Jason Smith are some possibilities) and they will be given time to develop. Unfortunately that means one of the current tackles ( Colon) will be starting next year at RT.

I find it interesting that some of the big name DE/DT's are sliding down some draft boards as the college season progresses. Both Moala and Tyson Jackson are listed as 2nd rounders on some boards.

MasterOfPuppets
10-08-2008, 12:51 AM
It is not the steeler way to draft and start an O lineman especially a LT .

I
maybe so aussie, but the steelers didn't used to neglect the lines for 5 yrs strait either.....this thought running around here that a rookie can't start is total B.S. ....just because cowher or noll never started a rookie, doesn't meen that TOMLIN wouldn't....desperate times call for desperate measures.

Preacher
10-08-2008, 01:04 AM
I love the chance of Mack playing for 10 seasons in B&G too. It all depends if they can solidify the LT position in the offseason. IMO, Starks, Hills or Essex are not good options at LT and Marvel Smith appears to be on the way out.

Actually, I think Essex is pretty good at that position. But will he continue there... or will they upgrade it in the draft? I don't know.

I prefer they allow Essex to play and focus on the center and right side of the line in this draft.

Preacher
10-08-2008, 01:06 AM
maybe so aussie, but the steelers didn't used to neglect the lines for 5 yrs strait either.....this thought running around here that a rookie can't start is total B.S. ....just because cowher or noll never started a rookie, doesn't meen that TOMLIN wouldn't....desperate times call for desperate measures.

No... rookies CAN start... they just usually never do, because we seldom ever draft for position... instead we draft BAP in the rounds that could impact a team in year one... and those players usually end up behind some other good players for a time.

MasterOfPuppets
10-08-2008, 01:16 AM
No... rookies CAN start... they just usually never do, because we seldom ever draft for position... instead we draft BAP in the rounds that could impact a team in year one... and those players usually end up behind some other good players for a time.yeah....but when you don't have " good " players in front of you, then you should get the start.

Aussie_steeler
10-08-2008, 01:43 AM
yeah....but when you don't have " good " players in front of you, then you should get the start.

I agree with that view totally MOP and Preach.

If this season pans out to be a successful as it is looking I just dont see a quality LT being on the board when it comes time to draft.

The only quick fix is via free agency. The long term path is via a good quality pick in the first 2 rounds. The best option IMO is to combine the two and seriously address this unit.

What could ben and FWP really achieve behind a line that dominates?

Rhee Rhee
10-08-2008, 04:16 AM
I prefer they allow Essex to play and focus on the center and right side of the line in this draft.

i agree and nfldraftcountdown.com has us taking alex mack the center from CAL... who is a prospect i have no qualms about.

btw they have us picking 31st... (superbowl anyone?)

MasterOfPuppets
10-08-2008, 11:43 AM

If this season pans out to be a successful as it is looking I just dont see a quality LT being on the board when it comes time to draft.

The only quick fix is via free agency. The long term path is via a good quality pick in the first 2 rounds. The best option IMO is to combine the two and seriously address this unit.

What could ben and FWP really achieve behind a line that dominates?keep in mind....you CAN, bargain with future draft choices. i'd go so far as to say i'd give up every pick this year, and next year for two starting quality Olinemen (top 20 picks), two Dlinemen,that dress on sundays ( 2nd rd), and a promising cornerback. ( comp pick) .... we have depth everywhere else, and there's always free agency.

Texasteel
10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Screw those guys, if they're gone in the 1st 3 rounds then i want no part of them. We don't need to be dicking around with DBs, we need a younger DL and an OL that will give Big Ben the protection he deserves and the protection he needs to remain healthy enough to play by the time Ben's plays out his rich contract.

All those guys will most likely be gone by pick 20 in the 1st round, so I don't think you will have to worry about it much.

Texasteel
10-08-2008, 03:30 PM

What could ben and FWP really achieve behind a line that dominates?

Aussie, I am hoping that enough underclassmen will come out to push Black, who is a Jr. himself, down the board far enough that we may be able to deal for him.
If that can happen I think Black could start for us at LT next year.
If not, I've got to go with Mack and look for a LT in free agency, or get dead lucky in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I has happened before.

MasterOfPuppets
10-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Aussie, I am hoping that enough underclassmen will come out to push Black, who is a Jr. himself, down the board far enough that we may be able to deal for him.
If that can happen I think Black could start for us at LT next year.
If not, I've got to go with Mack and look for a LT in free agency, or get dead lucky in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I has happened before.and once again....whats wrong with trading up for a position of need? i'd have no problem with them throwing next years pick into the pot to land 2 of this years top tackles ( smith , monroe, black) now is the time to build a line , while our key players (ben holmes, parker etc)are still in thier prime. if there's ever been a year to pursue players aggressively in the draft...this is the year.

Texasteel
10-08-2008, 04:47 PM
and once again....whats wrong with trading up for a position of need? i'd have no problem with them throwing next years pick into the pot to land 2 of this years top tackles ( smith , monroe, black) now is the time to build a line , while our key players (ben holmes, parker etc)are still in thier prime. if there's ever been a year to pursue players aggressively in the draft...this is the year.

Not a damn thing wrong with it MOP, you know how I feel about the possibility of getting any one of those 3. Just not a history of that here.

MasterOfPuppets
10-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Not a damn thing wrong with it MOP, you know how I feel about the possibility of getting any one of those 3. Just not a history of that here. tomlin has no history here.....and the steelers don't have a history of letting the line deteriorate to a pile of suck either. i don't want one of those three.....i'm greedy and want two.....or one and mack.....lol :thumbsup:

Aussie_steeler
10-08-2008, 08:18 PM
and once again....whats wrong with trading up for a position of need? i'd have no problem with them throwing next years pick into the pot to land 2 of this years top tackles ( smith , monroe, black) now is the time to build a line , while our key players (ben holmes, parker etc)are still in thier prime. if there's ever been a year to pursue players aggressively in the draft...this is the year.

Could there be other possibilities without trading up?

I will probably get slammed for this but we are talking scenarios to really load up on the O line for the future.

Here goes..... Another way to get a first round pick for the upcoming draft would be to trade a player worthy of a first round pick. That player would have to have their contract up for renewal in 2010 and you would only trade if we have a player of consideration talent sitting in reserve.

It would considered stupid by some but Willie Parker could fit that bill. Willie would cost a large sum to get under a new contract and their are no guarantees that you would land him. Previously those players have been let walk and a 3rd round compensation pick comes the following year. Behind a revamped line Rashard, Mewelde and Russell could provide a strong running game (yes there would be a some drop off as the result of losing FWP initially) and Ben would get some protection.

I am not FWP bashing, just throwing around scenarios. I know it is never gonna happen but I would imagine that it has been thought of at least once in the front office.

I would love to see something aggressive from the front office that addresses the issue but doesnt sell us down the drain.

Texasteel
10-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Damn Aussie, I'm going to have to think about that one for a while.

MasterOfPuppets
10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
has a running back ever been traded for a 1st? i don't recall it.

SunshineMan21
10-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Does anyone know what exactly compensation we get for Faneca, if any?

I would think we'd in a position to trade quantity for quality in the way of draft picks, like the Browns did. We really don't have much room on our roster for guys who aren't OL or DL.

I mean, I guess we have room for another TE, but if we end up with another WR or LB or QB or DB where exactly can we put them without cutting someone who actually contributes?

Aussie_steeler
10-09-2008, 02:10 AM
has a running back ever been traded for a 1st? i don't recall it.

Portis was swapped for Champ Bailey. I think that was the equivalent of a 1st rounder by recall.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2004/03/04/broncos-redskins040304.html

Denver conditionally agreed last week to trade Portis to Washington for Bailey and a second-round pick in next month's NFL Draft.

Texasteel
10-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Does anyone know what exactly compensation we get for Faneca, if any?

I would think we'd in a position to trade quantity for quality in the way of draft picks, like the Browns did. We really don't have much room on our roster for guys who aren't OL or DL.

I mean, I guess we have room for another TE, but if we end up with another WR or LB or QB or DB where exactly can we put them without cutting someone who actually contributes?

Won't know for quite a while yet. I figured a 3rd round, but the way hes been playing, I don't know.
Agreed OL and DL is by far our biggest problem, but I would watch for a DB as well.

LZSteel
12-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Won't know for quite a while yet. I figured a 3rd round, but the way hes been playing, I don't know.
Agreed OL and DL is by far our biggest problem, but I would watch for a DB as well.

Hey all. I agree...The OL MUST be addressed this year. Here's a couple possibilities considering our current draft order:

Rnd 1: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor (i actually think his stock will cool off)
Rnd 2: Fili Moala, DT, USC
Rnd 3: Sean Smith, FS/SS, Utah
Rnd 4: Anthony Parker, OG, Tennessee
Rnd 5: DeAngelo Willingham, CB, Tennessee
Rnd 6: Ray Feinga, OT, BYU
Rnd 7: Jeremy Navarre, R-DE, Maryland

You can put Mack or Boone in Rnd 1 should I be wrong, and Smith's stock continues to rise...but its a LONG way to April.

LZ

MDSteel15
12-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Could you put a bruising fullback in there some place? :thumbsup:

Texasteel
12-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Could you put a bruising fullback in there some place? :thumbsup:

How about Brannan Southerland in the 5th, I really like that kid.

Jorvorskie Lane is another possibility.

steelersfanman92
12-25-2008, 11:09 AM
How about Brannan Southerland in the 5th, I really like that kid.

Jorvorskie Lane is another possibility.

Those are my top to FBs I personally would take Lane he is a better runner than Southerland, but it doesn't matter how good they are if Arians doesn't use them

lilyoder6
12-25-2008, 11:20 AM
i'm thinking that as a cb.. get joe burnnett from ucf and then he could be our return guy.. if not.. we may need 2 get another wr if nate does not re-sign w/ us.. and ward will be another yr older...

LZSteel
12-25-2008, 03:00 PM
We could easily pick Kreider back up from the Rams. Problem is, as fanman stated...it only matters if Ariens uses him. Tomlin and Ariens seem pretty dead set in perfecting that two/three TE set (not that any of us are looking forward to that). This basically means, we need to have an offensive line similar to the Patriots or the Titans. A line that CAN give us 5-7 seconds after the snap to release the football.

Our current offensive line is only effective when we have a strong rushing attack that takes pressure off the passing game. If the run fails, the pass is too easily defended.

Lane has weight problems and that will be WAY too risky (IMHO) to take him in any round before the 4th. And he won't be there in the 4th for us. I think we've got all the WR's we need. Limas needs to learn how to catch a jump ball, and Baker needs to improve his blocking...and BOTH need improved route running. Washington has saved us this year. He's been a great receiver for us on important 3rd down plays. I hope we resign him.

LZ