PDA

View Full Version : fed up

The_WARDen
09-29-2008, 10:06 PM
The Steelers look like a friggin high school team once again!!! Ben looks like a dumb*ss and the line is crap once again! They can't run. They can't pass. Thank God they drafted Mendenhall! Whew! What a difference he's making.

It's gonna be a looooong year folks unless they somehow bend over and remove their heads from their collective *sses!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::banging::banging::mad::mad::b anging:

The_WARDen
09-29-2008, 10:12 PM
now the defense can't tackle all of a sudden and there's no pressure! Hey guys! The guy's wide open on the FRIGGIN goal line!!!

This team is not prepared to play!

HometownGal
09-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Oh for God's sake - we aren't even at the half yet!!!!

BurghZ0n3
09-29-2008, 10:16 PM
OMG...! Is it because of the BAIL OUT was rejected??? Nothing seems to work...!!!

Preacher
09-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Oh for God's sake - we aren't even at the half yet!!!!

:rofl:

Crow-Magnon
09-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Boy! These Ratbirds and Flacco really suck! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The_WARDen
09-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Now we're at the half.

13-3. This game is pretty over being that our offense is incompetant and allergic to TDs.

:mad::banging::mad::banging:

steelersfanman92
09-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Ben looks terrible put Byron in

BurghZ0n3
09-29-2008, 10:21 PM
IMCOMPETENT....or IMPOTENT??? :mad::mad::mad:

steelersfanman92
09-29-2008, 10:23 PM
IMCOMPETENT....or IMPOTENT??? :mad::mad::mad:

I would go with imcompetent

Crow-Magnon
09-29-2008, 10:23 PM
C'mon! All week you guys and gals told me the mighty Steelers were going to DOMINATE the Ravens!

Wha' happened?

fansince'76
09-29-2008, 10:24 PM
C'mon! All week you guys and gals told me the mighty Steelers were going to DOMINATE the Ravens!

Wha' happened?

Is it over, troll?

HometownGal
09-29-2008, 10:36 PM

Wha' happened?

Nothing . . . yet. The key word here being yet.

Rats don't look all that good either. Wha' happened?

Havik
09-29-2008, 10:38 PM
The offense is terrible and now the defense is stinking it up. I am very disturbed by this performance.

Crow-Magnon
09-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Nothing . . . yet. The key word here being yet.

Rats don't look all that good either. Wha' happened?

13-3 looks pretty good to me. So does 3-0.

14dathum
09-29-2008, 10:58 PM
ive always said ben is overrated.......holds on too long

fansince'76
09-29-2008, 11:04 PM
13-3 looks pretty good to me. So does 3-0.

Where you at now, troll?

fansince'76
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
ive always said ben is overrated.......holds on too long

We're ahead. You can stop bitching now.

HometownGal
09-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Ahem - you were saying????

Those fans at the game make me want to heave. Booing the team off the field the entire 1st half and most of the 3Q and now they're behind the team. Freakin' boo bird FWFs. :mad::mad:

tony hipchest
09-29-2008, 11:20 PM
:coffee:

HometownGal
09-29-2008, 11:21 PM

Where'd ya go Crow? Or is it past your bedtime? Don't forget your :binky:

tony hipchest
09-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Where'd ya go Crow? Or is it past your bedtime? Don't forget your :binky:

wait. dont give it to em yet. lemme "season" it 1st.

:binky: :monkey:

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 12:22 AM

Yes, they do. :coffee:

X-Terminator
09-30-2008, 12:24 AM

Wha' happened?

They won. THAT'S what happened.

You're dismissed. :wave:

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 12:25 AM
They won. THAT'S what happened.

You're dismissed. :wave:

That troll won't have the stones to show back up here.

MACH1
09-30-2008, 12:26 AM
That troll won't have the stones to show back up here.

Its gotta hurt getting kicked in the eggs like that. :chuckle:

RunWillieRun
09-30-2008, 12:27 AM
All of these tools who post crap like this before halftime are great entertainment for me

Preacher
09-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Well...

looks like we won... and the Ravens well... SUCK.

Edman
09-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Crow-Magnon and markh...

FRONT AND CENTER!

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Crow-Magnon and markh...

FRONT AND CENTER!

Those trolls won't be back - yer wasting yer keystrokes.

Preacher
09-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Those trolls won't be back - yer wasting yer keystrokes.

Yeah.. but it ups our postcount!! :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
09-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Yeah.. but it ups our postcount!! :chuckle:

Preacher have you forgot?

"thou shall not covet thy "hipchest's" post count. " :nono:

LVSteelersfan
09-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Would you naysayers just go watch basketball or something instead of just bitching about everything all the time. We are 3-1 and in first place in the AFC North. What the HECK do you want? They looked bad but have been in every single game. Our defense is awesome. Even that mess last week they were still in it until late in the game. If you want something to complain about, go be a Clowns fan or Bungles fan. Now they have some serious problems over there.

Edman
09-30-2008, 01:45 AM
The Steelers looked like unstoppable gangbangers the first few games last year before completely fading.

This year will be the mirror opposite.

Blitzburgh_Fever
09-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Those fans at the game make me want to heave. Booing the team off the field the entire 1st half and most of the 3Q and now they're behind the team. :mad::mad:

That made me so mad. I don't necessarily mind people's attitude on the forums here, because I've said to myself before "Dammit Ben, throw the ball" et cetera, but publically booing the team after everything they've accomplished over the last few years...that's bullcrap. We're not scummy Pats fans who abandon their team at the first sign of turbulence. :helmet:

Seriously, if you've given up on your team (not just said "This is over", but truly given up), gtfo off my team. Indianapolis, New England, and Dallas are teams made for your kind. :tt03:

On another note, F off to fantasy football players that just want to see high scores. Last nights game to me was true football, two defensive juggernauts that only score when capitalizing on the rare mistake. Keep your Cowboys-Eagles shoot outs, because that's works so well in the playoffs (you know, when real teams play and destroy your "unstoppable" offense).

:mad::mad::mad:

Mosca
09-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Now we're at the half.

13-3. This game is pretty over being that our offense is incompetant and allergic to TDs.

:mad::banging::mad::banging:

Looking back, you sound just like the announcers did, yapping about how Baltimore was coming into Pittsburgh and winning, gonna be 3-0 and all division games, :blah::blah::blah:.

Man. I just don't get it, giving up like that. We're the freakin' Steelers. We can score 14 points in 15 seconds. Freak that other shyte, we're the freakin' Steelers.

7/39/43
09-30-2008, 09:20 AM
There is a thing called the remote controll ????? change the channel then if you don'tlike!

Leftoverhard
09-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, what's with this booing baloney? One of the things I love most about our team and these fans is we don't abandon our team because they suck a little during a game. It's the ultimate optimist that makes the best football fan. And unlike alot of other fans *cough, falcons,cowboys,pats,etc. cough* team's, our QB will never have to flip us off. You can tell how much fan reaction affects the players, booing is :banging: :mad:

SteelMember
09-30-2008, 09:43 AM
We won, right? :huh:

The_WARDen
09-30-2008, 09:51 AM
apparently, we were watching 2 different games. By the way, the fans can boo if they want. That is their right if they are witnessing garbage from a team that can play better.

The offense is crap. Still is crap even after that thrilling win. They can't maintain rhythm and they're losing players left and right. Do you all honestly expect that Ben will hold up all 16 games facing that constant pressure every game? I hope he does, I really do...but logic says otherwise.

It's gonna be a tough year especially if Parker has injury issues and now without the savior Mendenhall to back him up.

This isn't the chicken little defense folks, it's reality. I don't know what Tomlin can do now to fix it but maybe ...just maybe (because I've been begging them for years now)...they'll address the lines in the offseason.

tony hipchest
09-30-2008, 09:59 AM
apparently, we were watching 2 different games. By the way, the fans can boo if they want. That is their right if they are witnessing garbage from a team that can play better.

The offense is crap. Still is crap even after that thrilling win. They can't maintain rhythm and they're losing players left and right. Do you all honestly expect that Ben will hold up all 16 games facing that constant pressure every game? I hope he does, I really do...but logic says otherwise.

It's gonna be a tough year especially if Parker has injury issues and now without the savior Mendenhall to back him up.

This isn't the chicken little defense folks, it's reality. I don't know what Tomlin can do now to fix it but maybe ...just maybe (because I've been begging them for years now)...they'll address the lines in the offseason.

yeah, thats all nice, but it doesnt erase the fact that you threw in the towel.

:tt:

Originally Posted by The_WARDen
Now we're at the half.

Michael Keller
09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
This game as it was played still shows me that the offensive coaching is way below what it should be. Way below.

Mosca
09-30-2008, 10:09 AM

But you wrote that at half time. It wouldn't matter if it was 31-0... we would then have just as much time to score 31 points as they took to score 31 points. Yeah, the offense stinks; but our defense was keeping us in the game. We were only down 10, and the way Polamalu is playing this year, and Harrison, and Woodley, is it really that far-fetched to think that we could score a defensive TD, like we did?

It doesn't matter to me how you react to the game, and the team. But the fact is, you gave up, at halftime, when we were only down by 10.

HometownGal
09-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Here's another gem:

Ben looks terrible put Byron in

Eat it all up, ya hear? Every last feather too.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3225/Eating_Crow.jpg

HometownGal
09-30-2008, 10:12 AM
This game as it was played still shows me that the offensive coaching is way below what it should be. Way below.

It showed me that we have definitive weakness in our O, most notably, the OL.

Kvnfaber
09-30-2008, 10:13 AM
The Boo's were not all bad guys. Roethlisberger told the media that hearing his home fans boo are what spurred him into screaming at his offense at halftime and ultimately motivating the team to turn it around.

I'm not one to boo my Steelers, but obviously it had some positive effects and was used as motivation.

As for you guys quitting on the team in the first half, shame on you. True Steelers fans knew that we still could turn it around, and had faith.

Our 4th string runningback took us on his back in overtime and the offense willed us to victory (as was owed to the defense for being so strong this whole year). Props to the Steelers for coming together and playing more like they are capable of in the 2nd half. And dare i say good job to Ben AND the O-Line in the 2nd half (no sacks on ben).

revefsreleets
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm ignoring all the other stupid shit in this thread just to point out that, as I predicted, the last Rat fan left this board at just about 10:30 last night, and has anyone spotted any of them since?

Kvnfaber
09-30-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm ignoring all the other stupid shit in this thread just to point out that, as I predicted, the last Rat fan left this board at just about 10:30 last night, and has anyone spotted any of them since?

They have stayed home from work, and are dejected sitting on the couch in their purple blankey's.

No seriously, with all do respect, the Ravens were tough, and it was a great game last night. I'm hoping that the Steelers have half of their starters healthy come december.

revefsreleets
09-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Come out come out wherever you are!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2033/2092829623_79959193f7.jpg?v=0

HometownGal
09-30-2008, 10:28 AM
The Boo's were not all bad guys.

As for you guys quitting on the team in the first half, shame on you. True Steelers fans knew that we still could turn it around, and had faith.

Where I come from, Kvn, booing your team and quitting on them on a BB are one in the same. The boo birds at HF last night had no faith in this team and neither did the schmucks who gave up on them before the end of the 1st half with the game still very much in reach.

What angered me even more is that these same nonbelievers had the audacity to wave their TT's when the team was on the move and act like they were suddenly believers! :mad::mad:

No matter what Ben said post-game, there is absolutely NO excuse for booing your own team, imho, especially not a team that wasn't out of the game by any stretch of the imagination when the booing started, and especially not a team/franchise who has provided more winning seasons than most franchises have in the last 35 seasons!

Shame on ALL of them. :mallet::buttkick:

Kvnfaber
09-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Where I come from, Kvn, booing your team and quitting on them on a BB are one in the same. The boo birds at HF last night had no faith in this team and neither did the schmucks who gave up on them before the end of the 1st half with the game still very much in reach.

What angered me even more is that these same nonbelievers had the audacity to wave their TT's when the team was on the move and act like they were suddenly believers! :mad::mad:

No matter what Ben said post-game, there is absolutely NO excuse for booing your own team, imho, especially not a team that wasn't out of the game by any stretch of the imagination when the booing started, and especially not a team/franchise who has provided more winning seasons than most franchises have in the last 35 seasons!

Shame on ALL of them. :mallet::buttkick:

Maybe i just thought of it as, "Hey guys, snap out of it, we pay ALOT of money to come and support you guys and this is what we are getting?" The tradition of excellence has us spoiled and some of the fans didn't know how to react when faced with a really bad first half.

As for me, I was on my couch in disbelief, but I wasn't about to throw in the towel. I was hoping someone was in there at halftime ripping them a new one. Ask yourself this:

How is fans booing the team different from Ben saying to his offense-"Guys lets get with it, I am getting my ass kicked out here and I need you to start protecting, I'm frankly disgusted in the way we played that first half and we need to turn this thing around."

I gaurentee thats what alot of the booing fans were thinking. I'm not really sure why I'm defending them, I just think that not all boos mean "you guys suck and have lost the game already and we are quitting on you."

Either way, I'm not gonna boo them, just because thats not how I am, and i'll always be behind the team and their decisions.

Tankus_Maximus
09-30-2008, 10:46 AM
SCOREBOARD!!!!!

B ITCHES!!!!!

Mosca
09-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Thing is, all a crowd can say is "YAY!" and "BOO!" It's up to the situation to define what they actually mean. I understood it to mean "Get the lead out of your ass!" rather than "You suck!"

I personally wouldn't have booed, but I would have yelled, I guarantee, and it wouldn't have been "YAY!"

steelpride12
09-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Shut up troll!

cubanstogie
09-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Maybe i just thought of it as, "Hey guys, snap out of it, we pay ALOT of money to come and support you guys and this is what we are getting?" The tradition of excellence has us spoiled and some of the fans didn't know how to react when faced with a really bad first half.

As for me, I was on my couch in disbelief, but I wasn't about to throw in the towel. I was hoping someone was in there at halftime ripping them a new one. Ask yourself this:

How is fans booing the team different from Ben saying to his offense-"Guys lets get with it, I am getting my ass kicked out here and I need you to start protecting, I'm frankly disgusted in the way we played that first half and we need to turn this thing around."

I gaurentee thats what alot of the booing fans were thinking. I'm not really sure why I'm defending them, I just think that not all boos mean "you guys suck and have lost the game already and we are quitting on you."

Either way, I'm not gonna boo them, just because thats not how I am, and i'll always be behind the team and their decisions.

I think booing while at the game is for Raider fans. We are not the ain'ts. What is next paper bags on heads. How can you be the 12 man if you are booing. Keep things in house. Boo and yell at home in front of TV or on a forum. Not during game. Obviously when you are drinking and unhappy at game most including myself will voice frustration, but to boo our struggling offense is could be counterproductive. Just my opinion. People pay good money and can boo if they want. The only time I would boo is if a guy is not giving 100 percent, which isn't the case with our offense.

stlrtruck
09-30-2008, 12:50 PM
I have no problem "BOOing" the Steelers live, at the sports bar, or at home. More times than not I'm not booing the player as much as I am the playcalling - things such as prevent defense, prevent offense, dumbass calls on 3rd and short (going for it all when you only need 3 yards for a first), etc - I won't lie there are times when I'm booing the players and their seemingly lack of interest in the game. I only saw bits and pieces of the game last night but from what I did see, some of last night had to do with the play of Flacco then it did the play of our defense and it also had to do with the play of the ratbirds defense rather than our offense.

However, I've never left the stadium early or the bar early. And I rarely shut the game off unless I'm feeling the symptoms of the flu or completely incapacitated due to some ailment.

Hines0wnz
09-30-2008, 01:45 PM
The Steelers look like a friggin high school team once again!!! Ben looks like a dumb*ss and the line is crap once again! They can't run. They can't pass. Thank God they drafted Mendenhall! Whew! What a difference he's making.

It's gonna be a looooong year folks unless they somehow bend over and remove their heads from their collective *sses!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::banging::banging::mad::mad::b anging:

http://msp66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/mrnoj/openmouth.jpg

HometownGal
09-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Me thinks this thread has run out of gas. Points have been made - we can all agree to disagree and move forward! :drink: