PDA

View Full Version : how to beat cinnci

jtdapit
11-30-2005, 12:50 PM
how do we beat cinnci? we can't run all day cuz everyone and there brother knows were doin it! we cant pass as well, for we have two o-linemen out. i just dont know what to expect.

bengalsfan21
11-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Should be a sinch to beat them right? after all anyone can beat the "Bungles" and you guys have so many times right?..................................Well how often have you beat the Bengals though??

RoethlisBURGHer
11-30-2005, 01:52 PM
I don't know the record,but I know we have an overall winning record against the Bengals.

Prosdo
11-30-2005, 02:27 PM
I think going into this game the Steelers are going to be ticked off and have that chip on their shoulders. We know the defense will show up. I'm just hoping the offensive line will.

bigbensgirl7
11-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Well it's been a while but I'm back guys!!!
One thing is for sure...we have to mix things up a little especially on first down. If we don't we will lose, if we do, I don't think we will have any problems beating the Bengals!!!

Steel - X
11-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Welcome back! We need to run and stretch the field. And to do this we have to shut down there defensive line and to me that will not happen with the steelers revolving door lineman. O yeah we can not stop the pass either and Palmer has been playing terrible. I dont see an easy game this weekend.

jtdapit
11-30-2005, 02:54 PM
i agree our run defense is kick-ass but our pass defense sucks, i am not a big fan of mcfadden after last game.

Steel - X
11-30-2005, 02:58 PM
The db's will be fine in a few years its just that they are not good this season and with Cowher letting Troy run around like a MLB it leaves the DB's very vulnerable against the pass.

tony hipchest
11-30-2005, 03:06 PM
we had an ace up our sleeve called the 2 minute offense and if it wouldve been employed early last week it would keep the bengals guessing what our gameplan would be this week. problem is the colts knew the steelers were gonna come out running the ball. hell cowher told the whole world as much. maybe cowher is a bit to candid and forthright in his press conferences. so what happened? the colts stuffed the box and our run game in the process. very predictable. run-run-pass. just like the past 2 gameplans run - run. if i was m. lewis i would be preparing to stop the pass this week. steelers will probably think they will suprise the bengals and come out throwing. this will now be about as suprising as the steelers calling a pass play on 3rd and 10. i believe the gameplan the past 2 weeks has almost hancuffed the one for next week. if you look at the 1st 3 games this season the steelers came out throwing (ben almost had 200 yds and 2 td's by halftime in each game.) this strategy opened up the running game. i would say this is what we need to do to beat the bengals and what we shouldve done to defeat the colts, but at this point even this strategy seems too predictable.

Ambridge
11-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't know the record,but I know we have an overall winning record against the Bengals.

Including the win this year the overall series record is:

Steelers won 42, lost 28 (Home-24-11, Road-18-17)

Prosdo
11-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Well it's been a while but I'm back guys!!!
One thing is for sure...we have to mix things up a little especially on first down. If we don't we will lose, if we do, I don't think we will have any problems beating the Bengals!!!

Welcome back BBG7! Was wondering where you went lol

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-30-2005, 06:44 PM
well regardless of the record, this week is the most important

bengalsfan21
11-30-2005, 07:39 PM
well regardless of the record, this week is the most important

I agree.....But I wasn't talking about the overall record bc that includes the Bungles, I am talking about the record from the Bengals good season, the playoffs and super bowls..... Either way which ever team loses will be watching the playoffs from home.

tony hipchest
11-30-2005, 07:47 PM
i think both teams will make the playoffs regardless (but at this point this game is much more critical for the steelers chances to control their own fate)

Ambridge
11-30-2005, 08:32 PM
I agree.....But I wasn't talking about the overall record bc that includes the Bungles, I am talking about the record from the Bengals good season, the playoffs and super bowls.....

So you only recognize "your" team when they've played well??

bengalsfan21
11-30-2005, 08:35 PM
So you only recognize "your" team when they've played well??

Ha no but it sure feels good to try and forget about the bad times :grin:

tony hipchest
11-30-2005, 08:37 PM
I agree.....But I wasn't talking about the overall record bc that includes the Bungles, I am talking about the record from the Bengals good season, the playoffs and super bowls..... Either way which ever team loses will be watching the playoffs from home.
this may clear it up:

steelers sb record- 4-1
bengals/bungles- 0-2

:grin:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Im fully expecting us to come and completely dominate this game. The defense is pissed off, the OL is pissed off, Jerome and Duce are pissed off, Ben wants to get into a rythmn again, Hines and El are pissed, all points lead to us winning this game handly..

that being said..

This is the AFCN and there is no way we can afford to lose this game this week and the Bengals are gonna be up for it too cuz a win by them gives them a 2 game lead....so its a pull out all the stops, every trick u can find if need be..but win at all costs, period!!

bengalsfan21
11-30-2005, 11:47 PM
this may clear it up:

steelers sb record- 4-1
bengals/bungles- 0-2

:grin:

When was that last one again? :grin:

bengalsfan21
11-30-2005, 11:49 PM
it is funny when they win there is nothing said about an injury when they lose he gets hurt every time, example 1st loss tweaked his knee, 2nd loss knee still sore, 3rd loss hurt opposite knee--got scoped in both knees I assume now everything should be fine, oops lost another one 4th loss tweaked ankle not specific on which one so that if they lose again they wont mess up on which ankle. now they better be glad they dont have to many loses because he is running out of body parts. now this could be a set up for excuses if they lose it's because he wasn't healthy but if they win sorry wrote that and couldn't stop laughing, but there excuse would be he beat them hurt

This is true!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-30-2005, 11:49 PM
we defeated cincy pretty badly last time we played them....and im not worried about them...Then bengals have yet to beat a great team.....................
And there is no way they will beat the steelers.

bengalsfan21
11-30-2005, 11:58 PM
we defeated cincy pretty badly last time we played them....and im not worried about them...Then bengals have yet to beat a great team.....................
And there is no way they will beat the steelers.

The Bengals hung in there with the Colts unlike the Steelers ( I can't find the stats but I will then I will post it)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2005, 12:00 AM
The bengals defense didnt stand a chance against the colts, wasnt even close in that regard.. our defense did its job to holding peyton and company to 26 points and only 2 of those were TD's... so yeah we can handle the bengals, BUT and I emphasize again BUT, there's no way you cant take a division game lightly so we need to pour it on from the opening play !

StillerPaul
12-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Should be a sinch to beat them right? after all anyone can beat the "Bungles" and you guys have so many times right?..................................Well how often have you beat the Bengals though??

Make no mistake about it, our defense is in Carson Palmers head just like the Pats D was in Mannings head. He will give us plenty of opportunity to win this thing, mark my words.

Koopa
12-01-2005, 01:39 AM
hopefully we play like we did our first meeting and get this game over with real quick so we can just pad some stats and shit like that, i don't want this game to be close in the fourth quarter i'm tired of this stress and it's finals week for me i don't need added stress