PDA

View Full Version : Joe Flacco

millwalldavey
09-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I make the motion that Joe Flacco is know on the SF boards as:

Joe F__khole.

stlrtruck
09-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Regardless of the names he may be given, last night he showed some poise in the pocket and if the baltimoron ratbirds can get some half way decent talent around him, he'll be a decent QB. Last night he reminded me of Ben in his rookie season. Took a beating but kept playing.

Mosca
09-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Kid looked OK to me. He's a tough SOB, and he's going to give us some trouble over the next 10 years. He ain't no Cornhole.

revefsreleets
09-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Yup...I hate to say it, but the kid looked alright, and he has a rocket arm.

memphissteelergirl
09-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Flacco is a great QB....give credit where credit is due.

steelpride12
09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
After his performance last night the only thing he will get from me is a hats off!

GutterflowerSteel
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
He impressed me, and I think he'll be competitive against us for a long time to come. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben ~ no wonder the Raisins are c0ckier than usual - they actually have a qb now.

NJarhead
09-30-2008, 07:30 PM
No matter how angry I became at the 3rd and long conversions, I couldn't help but be impressed with Flacco. I kept thinking that either he's a natural, or it just hadn't hit him yet that he's in the NFL and should fear for his life while playing our Defense.
Here's to a renewed rivalry on a more competitive level with our nemesis, the Ratbirds. :drink:

stillers4me
09-30-2008, 08:17 PM
He held his own. :drink:

But in the end, it was experience and grit that won the day! :tt03:

NJarhead
09-30-2008, 08:29 PM
He held his own. :drink:

But in the end, it was experience and grit that won the day! :tt03:

Yes, but the thought of that kid getting better ...., concerns me a little. But, what the heck. There's nothing wrong with a little competition in the North....for a change. :wink02:

Crushzilla
09-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Yes, but the thought of that kid getting better ...., concerns me a little. But, what the heck. There's nothing wrong with a little competition in the North....for a change. :wink02:

Ya. Since the Browns are basically letting us down we need SOMEONE.

The Duke
09-30-2008, 10:42 PM
with a good defense in baltimore, flacco could get somewhere

sure, he may get the game manager treatment as ben, but if he continues his play that team be a winner. I hope I'm wrong though, and the steelers shut them out next time

steelwall
10-01-2008, 12:29 AM
He's going to be good IMO....but we've beaten better QB's than him.

sixstringlass
10-01-2008, 03:48 AM
I've been calling him "Joe Flaccid" since draft day, but maybe I'm the only one who thinks it's funny....

Dino 6 Rings
10-01-2008, 01:06 PM
He did well, but just like a rookie QB when it mattered he fumbled, and then when it really mattered in OT he couldn't deliver.

He'll be a problem for a while though in the AFC North especially if the Ravens continue to field a very good defense.

stlrtruck
10-01-2008, 01:58 PM
He did well, but just like a rookie QB when it mattered he fumbled, and then when it really mattered in OT he couldn't deliver.

He'll be a problem for a while though in the AFC North especially if the Ravens continue to field a very good defense.

I'm not so sure that his performance in OT was a product of him as much as it was a product of the play calling and more importantly our defensive performance.

MrHarrison92
10-01-2008, 02:04 PM
At first he showed some veteran moves but in the end.....he still made rookie mistakes. But we pulled out with a W!

Mosca
10-01-2008, 02:07 PM
with a good defense in baltimore, flacco could get somewhere

sure, he may get the game manager treatment as ben, but if he continues his play that team be a winner. I hope I'm wrong though, and the steelers shut them out next time

He's smart enough to know that winning is more important than being a star, and if "game management" is what it takes for him to win as a rookie, then he's going to manage the game.

My only dislike is that he plays for the Ravens. I'd rather see the kid in St Louis, or Houston, or really anywhere else. Only because I don't want to have to always root against him.

Leftoverhard
10-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Not much of a blast from me for Flacco either, he's good. I agree with Mosca - I wish he played for a much less blastworthy team.

I mean, what do you say?
I bet his mom dresses him? or
Maybe he brushes his teeth with bird doo?

fansince'76
10-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes, but the thought of that kid getting better ...., concerns me a little.

He could just as easily regress as well. DA, anybody? Kid's gonna have to play well more than 3 games for me to give him the benefit of the doubt as a truly good NFL QB.

Preacher
10-01-2008, 05:39 PM
My opinion...

The kid played well. If he continues development... he will give that team a good chance of winning any game, and be problems for us.

however, that is big if in today's NFL.

warddj86
10-01-2008, 06:58 PM
That play where he ran back and forth and chcuked it downfield to mason was ridiculous, ...

millwalldavey
10-01-2008, 08:58 PM
I agree with all of the above.

But we got a name for Brady and a few others... I think we're gonna hate this guy in a few years.