PDA

View Full Version : contract endings?

jtdapit
11-30-2005, 01:41 PM
does anyone know whose contract ends at the end of the year? i cant find it

BB2W
11-30-2005, 03:49 PM
I think this is all of the free agents in 2006...

- WR Antwaan Randle El
- OT Barrett Brooks
- LB Brett Keisel
- QB Charlie Batch
- FS Chris Hope
- LB Clint Kriewaldt
- CB DeShea Townsend
- CB Ike Taylor
- TE Jerame Tuman
- DE Kimo von Oelhoffen
- WR Quincy Morgan
- WR Sean Morey
- RB Verron Haynes

TasmanianTroy271
11-30-2005, 04:45 PM
WR Antwaan Randle El - Definately need El back, he can catch, throw, and return punts and it's always nice to have a jack-of-all-trades just in case something happens
OT Barrett Brooks - No No No No No No No No No Old Bad and lost us the NE game.
LB Brett Keisel - I'd love to have Brett back, but I gurantee he has alot of offers from other teams and I dunno if he'd be able to resist.
QB Charlie Batch - Definately resign Charlie and get rid of Maddox
FS Chris Hope - I dunno, I was never really a fan of Hope but he has stepped it up this year. It all depends on how much he wants and how the FS depth is in the Draft.
LB Clint Kriewaldt and WR Sean Morey - We have 2 Special Teams Aces up this year and one won't make it. It's more likely gonna be Morey who leaves because We have alot of depth at WR and not alot at ILB.
CB DeShea Townsend and CB Ike Taylor - We have both starters up this year, but neither has been lighting anything up so I doubt they'll get alot of attention from other teams. Hopefully we'll retain both.
TE Jerame Tuman - I don't know how much we need him, but we'll probably keep him as a mentor to Heath and a Veteran Backup.
DE Kimo von Oelhoffen - I love Kimo, but I don't know if the FO will love his minimum vet. salary and his age. Hopefully we keep him for a few more years.
WR Quincy Morgan - Quincy's been a real boost on ST. Maybe he can step it up if he ever gets into a WR slot but we got a contract tied up with Cedric so I dunno what'll happen to him.
RB Verron Haynes - With Duce and Willie next year, and most likely a RB high in the draft, I don't think we'll keep Verron next year.

clevestinks
11-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Damn Ike`s is up already !

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I think this is all of the free agents in 2006...

- WR Antwaan Randle El
- OT Barrett Brooks
- LB Brett Keisel
- QB Charlie Batch
- FS Chris Hope
- LB Clint Kriewaldt
- CB DeShea Townsend
- CB Ike Taylor
- TE Jerame Tuman
- DE Kimo von Oelhoffen
- WR Quincy Morgan
- WR Sean Morey
- RB Verron Haynes

Unless Cowher decides on a total rebuild.. Im gonna say most of those guys will be back next year..

the possible exceptions are Morgan, Haynes, Kimo (retire) , Brooks (depends on the shape of our OL after the draft and FA ) , and tuman (depends on how much we think Heath is ready to be the main guy.

Atlanta Dan
11-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Randle-El will be gone - he can get too much money somewhere else - Ward & Cedrick Wilson (there's a brilliant FA signing) are both already making starters' $$$ at WR - Steelers will not lay out what it will take to sign El and put that much $$$ into the WR position, given the needs (RB/OL/LB) in other areas.

Need to resign Hope & Taylor to keep a young secondary together.

Koopa
11-30-2005, 10:26 PM
yeah i hope we keep taylor and hope, ARE i wouldn't mind having him back but it won't be the end of the world if he leaves, we can get a speed burning late in the draft to return punts and wilson can probably be more effective as a number two, and we have heath miller.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2005, 10:34 PM
ARE might not get as much looks in FA as we all think. After all he's a good player and done well for us, but he's excelled mainly at punt returning and somewhat as a starting WR. We may not have to pay him that much to keep him around.

Koopa
11-30-2005, 10:41 PM
hell he might not even want to stay the way cowher is using him, and i wouldn't blame him if he wants to leave, cause he could've been used a lot better monday even though we weren't gonna win we still could've made it look closer if he was used better.....

TasmanianTroy271
11-30-2005, 11:07 PM
When it comes to Veteran WR Free Agents this year, the pickings are pretty slim. There's David Givens with the Pats, Reggie Wayne with Indy, and ARE. Then again, I'm sure veteran QB's are gonna be switched around alot more this offseason than WRs. I hope we hold on to him...

SteelerFanInATL
12-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Keep ARE, get rid of Wilson, and take a good look at Morgan. He has good speed and size
that could really help out.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-01-2005, 08:37 AM
keep ARE and release Wilson........he hasn't shown anything..........trade him or something

Rotorhead
12-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Keep Kimo, Taylor, Hope and Wilson . . . and definately Batch and drop Tommy.

Grey
12-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Keep ARE, get rid of Wilson, and take a good look at Morgan. He has good speed and size
that could really help out.

Exactly how I feel. Many of the interceptions this year have been balls that were intended for Cedrick Wilson. I don't feel like he is much of a fighter, and I'd like to see Q in there over Wilson, but I think since he was added to roster late in the preseason, it's been tough for him to break into the lineup. Let's keep Randle El.

Here we go.
Grey

jtdapit
12-01-2005, 01:46 PM
i think wilson has had the right opurtunities to excel with the steelres. alot of the balls that are intercepted intended for were him were 50% underthrown overthrown, whatever, are passing game just isnt up to par this all goes back to the o-line get a good one to protect ben, that will give are wr good balls, and less int.

KeystoneKC
12-01-2005, 04:26 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm showing more names on my list. I think we need to include James Harrison (LB), Chidi Iwuoma (CB), & Willie Parker (RB). Parker & Harrison may be ERFA's.

BB2W
12-01-2005, 05:18 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm showing more names on my list. I think we need to include James Harrison (LB), Chidi Iwuoma (CB), & Willie Parker (RB). Parker & Harrison may be ERFA's.
You are right... I can't beleive I forgot about those two guys. Parker and Harrison are ERFA's, but Chidi is under contract through next season. Here is what I was able to find...

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents

Players with less than three years of experience fall into this category. Players in this group have no negotiating leverage, and are essentially bound to the team for a third-year veteran minimum salary, something in the range of $385,000. An ERFA has no ability to negotiate with other teams, though that doesn?t necessarily mean that all ERFAs play for a minimum salary. Just this season, Antonio Gates refused to sign his tender, instead holding out for a long-term deal (which he received). The Steelers have 2 ERFAs:

RB Willie Parker
OLB James Harrison

Restricted Free Agents

These are players with exactly three years of experience. The Steelers can tender one of three ?levels? of a contract offer to an RFA ? minimum, mid-level, or maximum. These players are free to negotiate with other teams and sign an offer sheet. If a RFA signs an offer sheet, the Steelers have two options ? either match the deal and retain the player, or allow the player to leave. In the latter case, the Steelers would be awarded compensation based upon the level of tender given. A minimum tender is worth a compensatory pick in the round the player was initially chosen, a mid-level tender garners a number one pick as compensation, and a maximum tender is worth a 1st and 3rd round selection. It should be noted that any compensatory picks would be awarded in the 2006 NFL Draft. The Steelers have 2 players up for RFA in 2006:

CB Ike Taylor
WR Sean Morey

Unrestricted Free Agents

These players are free to negotiate and sign with anyone, and the Steelers have no right to match an offer, nor do they receive any kind of automatic compensation. The Steelers have 11 players who will become UFAs at the end of the season:

QB Charlie Batch
RB Verron Haynes
WR Antwaan Randle El
WR Quincy Morgan
TE Jerame Tuman
OT Barrett Brooks
DE Kimo von Oelhoffen
DE Brett Keisel
ILB Clint Kriewaldt
CB Deshea Townsend
S Chris Hope

link-----> http://www.burghsportsguys.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=119&Itemid=51

Rotorhead
12-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Ok for the revised list haha, keep ARE, Harrison, Taylor, Hope, Batch, Kimo and Kriewaldt

steeler47
12-02-2005, 06:56 AM
I'm not sold on El and or Wilson..

El has and WILL ALWAYS get stood up on the line,especially in the tough play-off's atmoshere and big games.Opposing cb's just kick his ass and push him around..Occaisionally he'll get off and maybe make a catch,but his size and getting off the line are in my mind his downfall.He is multi talented with his returns and pos. back-up roll at qb and his trickery pressence but thats it.We should'nt have to rely on trick plays to win ballgames

Wilson is just a BUST.I'll take Quincy anyday over that midget.!!Wilson may be fast.but that hasent helped him this year.

DISCLAIMER:

These view's are not a reflection of the board's !!

Stlrs4Life
12-02-2005, 10:04 PM
My 2 cents:

- WR Antwaan Randle El --- Keep as a 3rd rec. if he comes at a bagain, doubt he will
- OT Barrett Brooks -- see ya
- LB Brett Keisel -- Kiesel the Diesel, almost must sign, if not, another Vrabel that got away.
- QB Charlie Batch --obviously keep
- FS Chris Hope -- Chris has been doing fairly well keep
- LB Clint Kriewaldt -- it will be hard to keep both LBs, if ya let Kiesel go, you got to keep Kreiwaldt
- CB DeShea Townsend -- Veteran player, hard to say
- CB Ike Taylor -- keep, good upcoming CB, like his youth also
- TE Jerame Tuman-- cut, Cowher will keep though
- DE Kimo von Oelhoffen wow, keep at a cheap price, maybe 1 more year
- WR Quincy Morgan--keep as of now, he should be our 2nd receiver now
- WR Sean Morey keep at cheap price
- RB Verron Haynes-- see ya Verron

SteelCityMan786
12-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Don't Forget Jerome, even though he'll retire if he gets his ring or no new contract.