PDA

View Full Version : The officiating

Steelman16
09-30-2008, 12:07 AM
No, I'm not complaining about the poor officiating. :chuckle:

Actually, I was just wondering if I was the only one who was somewhat impressed with the officiating tonight. I thought the crew did a very good job, my only beef being the strange call just before overtime, and the mistakingly substituting defense for offense. Nearly gave me a heart attack!

Hard fought game, that well called by the refs IMO.

jjpro11
09-30-2008, 12:13 AM
yeah.. you dont want to talk about calls after the game.. from what i saw, there were no close calls that favored one team or the other. there were a decent number of penalties, but its gotta be tough reffing a steelers-ravens game on mnf.

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 12:14 AM
No complaints here. :thumbsup:

Edman
09-30-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm not a Seahawk fan. I have no issues with the officiating.:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
09-30-2008, 12:19 AM
the refs wouldnt know the difference between a yellow flag and the terrible towel being shoved up their ass.

with that being said, they didnt cost us the game. :thumbsup:

Sharkissle29
09-30-2008, 12:19 AM
They called a false start that was offsides on us, that was big at the time i think.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Has anyone not given these refs a class in how to flip a freaking coin correctly? It always makes me nervous when a ref with a coin in overtime gets anywhere near the Steelers.

This could have been another coingate it's no wonder the Ravens were screaming we'll receive, we'll receive. If you Tivo'd the game go back and watch the coin toss, the look on Ward and Farriors face is priceless they can't believe what is happening. I'll bet Ward thought he was having a flash backs to Thanksgiving Day in Detroit in a OT game.

Sharkissle29
09-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Yea i seriously think the coin didnt flip, and so did the steelers.

LVSteelersfan
09-30-2008, 12:36 AM
I noticed that coin flip. What the heck is the matter with that referee. It is almost like he flipped it that way on purpose and it must have landed straight on the ground without turning over the way those Ravens pukes acted. Glad we beat their butts on OT. Way to go Reed.

9-5
09-30-2008, 12:40 AM
That late hit was total BS!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

To be fair, Hines Ward hit him first. But, as they say, its never the first guy. Its always the second guy.

tony hipchest
09-30-2008, 12:43 AM
CRYBABY says what?

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2008, 12:43 AM
There were two late hits on Ben that weren't called.

Come one, of you are going to protect the QB's then protect all of them, not just certain ones (Brady, Manning, Palmer).

And then the coinflip. It's called a coinflip for a reason, because it is supposed to FLIP while in the air...otherwise it'd be a coindrop.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-30-2008, 12:45 AM
It is almost like he flipped it that way on purpose .

hasn't anyone learned that *cheaters never win :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Steelman16
09-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Um, guys, I was complimenting the officiating. Seriously, I was.

I didn't intend for this thread to turn into a Seahags thread. :dang:

Not pointing fingers, just sayin... :wink02:

Mikee
09-30-2008, 12:51 AM
When I saw that I about flipped (no pun intended) and tuned back a couple times to see if I saw it correctly. You are right the looks were priceless ... Glad we won it though!

Has anyone not given these refs a class in how to flip a freaking coin correctly? It always makes me nervous when a ref with a coin in overtime gets anywhere near the Steelers.

This could have been another coingate it's no wonder the Ravens were screaming we'll receive, we'll receive. If you Tivo'd the game go back and watch the coin toss, the look on Ward and Farriors face is priceless they can't believe what is happening. I'll bet Ward thought he was having a flash backs to Thanksgiving Day in Detroit in a OT game.

9-5
09-30-2008, 12:54 AM
CRYBABY says what?
OMG I am being so serious right now!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Galax Steeler
09-30-2008, 04:22 AM
I have no complaints with the officiating either.

EAST-LA-STEELER
09-30-2008, 10:24 AM
did anybody else notice that the coin didnt flip, and you can even hear a Steeler player saying "EF that he didnt even flip the coin" well i recorded it and as soon as i load it up to youtube, i'll post is so all can see...if anybody else saw this what are your opinions...

stlrtruck
09-30-2008, 11:44 AM
And here I thought it was just me fighting off the effects of having a cold. I didn't bother to rewind it, the remote was too far away.

EAST-LA-STEELER
09-30-2008, 11:49 AM
And here I thought it was just me fighting off the effects of having a cold. I didn't bother to rewind it, the remote was too far away.

so you caught that, dont you think that ref should be fined or suspended?

stlrtruck
09-30-2008, 12:10 PM
so you caught that, dont you think that ref should be fined or suspended?

It's hard to believe that in this day in age one would need to go to class to learn how to flip a coin - maybe I'll test my 3 year old and see how long it takes her to get to flip the coin.

I don't know if he should be suspended but definitely fined and I would add not allowed to flip another coin-toss until he can flip a coin 100 times without fail..

EAST-LA-STEELER
09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
It's hard to believe that in this day in age one would need to go to class to learn how to flip a coin - maybe I'll test my 3 year old and see how long it takes her to get to flip the coin.

I don't know if he should be suspended but definitely fined and I would add not allowed to flip another coin-toss until he can flip a coin 100 times without fail..

im going to download the footage to youtube and post it and email the NFL...

MrHarrison92
09-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah, they were fair. But I like to have a little home feild advantage every now and then!! Lol. But i do like to beat them fair and square!

Mordax
09-30-2008, 12:49 PM

id like to see this, i didn't notice it last night

Steelthe#1dynasty
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
No, I'm not complaining about the poor officiating. :chuckle:

Actually, I was just wondering if I was the only one who was somewhat impressed with the officiating tonight. I thought the crew did a very good job, my only beef being the strange call just before overtime, and the mistakingly substituting defense for offense. Nearly gave me a heart attack!

Hard fought game, that well called by the refs IMO.

The officiating was so good I thought about writing the NFL. My only complaint was the coin toss before OT... It seemed as the coin did not flip... Piss poor!... Other than that, no complaints.

EAST-LA-STEELER
09-30-2008, 02:14 PM
The officiating was so good I thought about writing the NFL. My only complaint was the coin toss before OT... It seemed as the coin did not flip... Piss poor!... Other than that, no complaints.

very true and i have it on video i will upload it sometime this week

SteelMember
09-30-2008, 02:32 PM
was adequate.

They didn't determine the outcome of the game on a single, stupid call. :thumbsup:

Statik
09-30-2008, 02:34 PM
One other call that I thought the refs missed would have actually gone in the Ratbird's favor. The first time Sacco threw to the end zone in either the 1st or 2nd quarter, and I think it was Mark Clayton dragged his toes in the end zone, I thought that the Ravens might have been able to review that call and possibly get the TD....it looked very close.

iloveben7
09-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I was very surprised at how good the officiating was. The only things were that there should've been a penalty on the Ratbirds for running into Berger, there was a late hit on Ben, and the coin didn't flip in OT. Since I'm at school, I don't have DVR, so I can't rewind it to watch again, but whenever someone finds it on youtube, please pm it to me. Thanks

steelpride12
09-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Can't complain, they came in knowing there would be fights and lots of trash talking, calls went both ways and they did their best to keep the game under control. Great work Zebras! :thumbsup:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-30-2008, 09:52 PM

Great idea and while your at it e-mail it to the NFL network.

Mordax
09-30-2008, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJS1k1eHm2I

crappy vid but but you can see the coin

here's another. you can really see the coin go straight up and back down in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXlve5ME5C8

Steelercrazy
09-30-2008, 11:08 PM
I was very surprised at how good the officiating was. The only things were that there should've been a penalty on the Ratbirds for running into Berger, there was a late hit on Ben, and the coin didn't flip in OT. Since I'm at school, I don't have DVR, so I can't rewind it to watch again, but whenever someone finds it on youtube, please pm it to me. Thanks

I was hoping someone would mention the oversight of Berger being ran into. What's up with that? I guarantee it would have been called on us!:tt02:

stlrtruck
10-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I was hoping someone would mention the oversight of Berger being ran into. What's up with that? I guarantee it would have been called on us!:tt02:

Had a guy here at work that mentioned it to me the next day. I can't believe I missed it.

EAST-LA-STEELER
10-02-2008, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJS1k1eHm2I

THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO BUT I FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE, AND THE COIN DOES NOT FLIP, PATHETIC REF!!! CAN ANYONE NAME THAT REF...