PDA

View Full Version : Ravens are no chumps

hizmi
09-30-2008, 01:08 AM
I think some have the impression that this Baltimore team is essentially the same as last year, and while it may be true to an extent, they were MUCH better than their record indicated.

We got the better of them today, but they are a quality team who nearly beat us in our own backyard on monday night with a rookie QB. Their D is top notch, their O-line is strong, and Flacco appears competent at the least. Keep in mind they get to play Oakland and Miami while we get New England and San Diego...

They made it pretty clear tonight that this division will be a dog-fight to the end.

Edman
09-30-2008, 01:11 AM
I agree. The Ravens are for real and will be right there with us until the end of the division race this year. Not the paper champion Browns.

We were down 13-3 and things weren't getting better at one point.

They proved that winning this division won't be easy, but the Steelers proved that it's still their division for now.

jjpro11
09-30-2008, 01:11 AM
their offense is still severely lacking. they have no playmakers. flacco does look good though. he looks like another ben to be honest.

SunshineMan21
09-30-2008, 01:22 AM
That thought struck me too . . . Flacco reminds me so much of Ben a few years ago . . .

Sharkissle29
09-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Sorry i dont buy it, a decent offense and a decent defense, will have no problem taking them down.

tony hipchest
09-30-2008, 01:25 AM
yeah they are...

:coffee:

still room in the band for the cheapshot loving artists.

Steelman16
09-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Anything can happen, but from what I saw tonight, this division race is between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens.

SunshineMan21
09-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Anything can happen, but from what I saw tonight, this division race is between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens.

I love how when they panned the camera out to show Pittsburgh the commentator talked about the great games played here lately and mentioned the Steelers v. Ravens . . . then the Browns , , , and nothing on the Bengals:flap:

OneForTheToe
09-30-2008, 01:32 AM

Unless you talk to Derek Anderson.:chuckle:

Of course he is still waiting for the original members of the "Doors" to getback together.:noidea:

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 01:38 AM
Sorry i dont buy it....

Me neither - we played like absolute crap on offense most of the game and still won. This team needs to start playing better on offense immediately.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2008, 01:56 AM
I don't quite buy it yet.

The Ravens two wins came against plain aweful Browns and Bengals teams.

We played as well offensivley in the first half as the Bengals and the Browns. Once our offense picked it up and started playing like a professional football team, their defense couldn't do much.

Their offense, it's decent. Down the road Flacco will lose them a few games. He's not going to be able to take this team to score when they are down by a few points and need a FG to tie or win the game. At least not against a real defense.

hizmi
09-30-2008, 02:00 AM
I don't quite buy it yet.

He's not going to be able to take this team to score when they are down by a few points and need a FG to tie or win the game. At least not against a real defense.

Isn't that exactly what he just did tonight?

kmsteelerwr15
09-30-2008, 02:02 AM
as of right now they are good, but we'll see how 15 straight weeks will effect them. i think that will kill them in the end, especially if they keep playing games like this.

Preacher
09-30-2008, 02:09 AM

yep that is exactly what he did.

However, he then failed to do it in overtime as well.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2008, 02:14 AM

Not in overtime.

hizmi
09-30-2008, 02:22 AM
Not in overtime.

He was also pinned back on his own goal-line after a special teams penalty, and it's not like his coach called plays that gave him a chance to move the ball. They were just trying NOT to make a mistake at that point.

I don't think you can criticize him for not leading his team to TWO scoring drives to tie/win on the road against a great defense. Other than not protecting the ball on Harrison's sack, he did exactly what the coaches asked of him, and I got the feeling he's capable of doing more.

We have a DAMN good defense and he held his own without any gamebreakers to help him out.

I'll be interested to see how he does against the TENN defense, since they might be one of the few to have a better D than ours.

Galax Steeler
09-30-2008, 05:25 AM
I think some have the impression that this Baltimore team is essentially the same as last year, and while it may be true to an extent, they were MUCH better than their record indicated. .

They were 2 and 0 how could they have been better then there record indicated.:wink02:

revefsreleets
09-30-2008, 09:51 AM
The Ravens were SLIGHTLY better than I thought, but they are still only a .500 team. We MADE them look good in the first half by our own ineptitude.

steeltheone
09-30-2008, 10:39 AM
We make every chump QB look good. Although i think this kid has a chance to be good.

Penn St Steelers
09-30-2008, 10:52 AM
well, if this game were in Bmore we would have come away with a loss, not only because of their good play on D' but our poor play on O'........when Hines only comes away with 2 caught balls in a game you know something isn't right imho....

I'll give credit though, a rookie in his 1st road game in the NFL in enemy territory like Heinz Field against a division rival and putting up good #'s.......not bad imo

bjlupo
09-30-2008, 10:57 AM
All i know is that the Steelers need to step up on the offensive line. We allowed 9 sacks in the game against the Eagles and 3 last night.

cubanstogie
09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
He was also pinned back on his own goal-line after a special teams penalty, and it's not like his coach called plays that gave him a chance to move the ball. They were just trying NOT to make a mistake at that point.

I don't think you can criticize him for not leading his team to TWO scoring drives to tie/win on the road against a great defense. Other than not protecting the ball on Harrison's sack, he did exactly what the coaches asked of him, and I got the feeling he's capable of doing more.

We have a DAMN good defense and he held his own without any gamebreakers to help him out.

I'll be interested to see how he does against the TENN defense, since they might be one of the few to have a better D than ours.

Flacco is a diamond in the rough. He played very well last night. I think they are improved and will show signs of life on offense like last night but will not be consistent over full season with a rookie QB. A couple of good drives thrown in with some mistakes will not win against quality teams. Yes the y will beat the weaker teams. I see them ending the season 8-8, possibly 9-7.

cubanstogie
09-30-2008, 11:03 AM
All i know is that the Steelers need to step up on the offensive line. We allowed 9 sacks in the game against the Eagles and 3 last night.

they did step it up in second half, zero sacks.Pretty good against #1 Defense and our injuries. Is the glass always half empty with you.

cubanstogie
09-30-2008, 11:04 AM
I just figured out I am reasoning with a troll, 1 post joined today. Who is your team loser.

HometownGal
09-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I was VERY impressed with Joe Flacco last night to be quite honest. I think the Rats have finally found their franchise QB - they haven't had a respectable QB since McNair was injured into retirement (or really - before McNair came to Baltimore). The kid has a strong arm, smarts and tremendous poise. I believe the Rats have a winner here - finally.

The Rats still do have a formidable D, but it's their arrogance and cheap shot-ism that I have a problem with. They got that arrogance shoved up their purple hineys last night and learned very quickly in the last quarter of the game that heart and soul prevails, not trash talk and cheap shots.

steelpride12
09-30-2008, 11:16 AM
I think they looked good due to the fact it was a division game, but i still feel the Rats are still one demensional.

Flacco looked amazing last night and i guess gives them the best chance to have some for of offense. Even after being sacked 5 times he threw no INT's and 1 TD against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

The run game for the Ravens though was severed when Willis was taken out, and they have two reliable recievers in Mason and Clayton.

This will be a fight for the divison, but the Steeler feed off of that!