PDA

View Full Version : Ray-Ray calls his "shot" on Rashard

tony hipchest
09-30-2008, 09:50 AM
i havent seen this said, and i know theres not a big espn fanbase here, but in the pre-game and post game highlights they kept showing lewis firing up his "hit-men" before the game. screaming he said, "no matter what it takes, whenever he touches the ball, somebody gets knocked out".

this is the same team that whined for a week about willis mcgahee getting his eye poked by the browns.

Penn St Steelers
09-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Ray "Jesse Jackson" Lewis.....is a camera hog....and ESPN fed the pig all night.....it pathetic imho......and his "I still haven't played my best football yet" speech :noidea: was :blah: :blah: :blah:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah, someone really needs to tell the Ravens that when your most accomplished, recognized defensive leader is going to spew stuff like that...especially on camera...don't whine when the opposing team's defense takes some shots of their own on your teams offensive players.

HometownGal
09-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Ray "Jesse Jackson" Lewis.....is a camera hog....and ESPN fed the pig all night.....it pathetic imho......and his "I still haven't played my best football yet" speech :noidea: was :blah: :blah: :blah:

:thumbsup::applaudit:

Hey Ray Ray - stick that shank up yo' ass. :upyours:

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Wow - a knife-wielding murderer also being a cheap shot artist and encouraging others to be the same? Who'da thunk it?

revefsreleets
09-30-2008, 10:12 AM
I personally saw Ray make two whole tackles last night...so he's up to 5 1/2 REAL tackles ths year. In 3 games. At this pace, he'll have like 30 tackles this year...

steelpride12
09-30-2008, 10:13 AM
O i guess ESPN forgot that Lewis and the Ravens lost last night.

Sure there only doing it because he had somewhat 12 tackles....BIG DEAL!
We played our game and won and thats what matters.

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I personally saw Ray make two whole tackles last night...so he's up to 5 1/2 REAL tackles ths year. In 3 games. At this pace, he'll have like 30 tackles this year...

Which will be artificially inflated by NFL statisticians to 120-130 as usual. :coffee:

memphissteelergirl
09-30-2008, 10:27 AM

Yes, the Ray-Ray love-fest was definitely sickening. :puke: I think I saw his ugly mug on the screen at just about every time-out. Never mind that our LB's pretty much took over late in the game.

Edman
09-30-2008, 10:30 AM
The Ravens are the NFL equivalent of a school yard bully. They like to push people around and brag, but don't like it when it's turned on them.

Speaking of braggards, where was Bart Scott? All he did was get thrown to the ground by Ben.

Godfather
09-30-2008, 10:44 AM

Unfair comparison. Jesse never stabbed anyone to death.

Seeing him on TV makes me puke. Too bad thugs didn't get him instead of Sean Taylor or Darrent Williams. At least that would have been karmic justice.

Penn St Steelers
09-30-2008, 11:26 AM
on a side note, how did you like the hit Hines placed on Reed last night.....did you see Reed punch him in the stomach but then the ref came up behind him.....:applaudit: classic Hines hit.....got to love him

blkngld68
09-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Hines being Hines in the blocker roll got that 15 yarder drawn was all the offense needed to get going. Sure is fun watching him lay people out and blocking down field with the biggest smile on his face. I think that pisses off the defense more that his blocks.

LVSteelersfan
09-30-2008, 11:42 AM
on a side note, how did you like the hit Hines placed on Reed last night.....did you see Reed punch him in the stomach but then the ref came up behind him.....:applaudit: classic Hines hit.....got to love him

Reed is good but has met his match in Hines Ward the past couple years. Bart Scott is a windbag who never backs up what he says against the Steelers. Ray Lewis should just retire. He is one of those jerks who you just wish someone would target his knees and take him out. He tries to hurt people to win games. That is pathetic and shouldn't be allowed. It really irritates me that I think it was his hit that took Rashard out for the season. No excuse for that crap.

jjpro11
09-30-2008, 11:46 AM
ray ray had a good game.. but he is still a douche bag murderer.. so i hate him.

SteelMember
09-30-2008, 11:47 AM

No doubt.

And he finally got his diploma from Maryland. Wow. 13 years after he left Miami. Impressive. :chuckle: Standards for "Management Studies" must have really went up. And for his Mortgage company no less. Seems like a pretty stable choice given the current economy.
More like loan sharking I would guess. :noidea:

http://www.umuc.edu/news/news187.html

Hapa
09-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I hate the Ravens, but I honestly think he was just getting his teammates fired up. All teams say stuff like that.

MrHarrison92
09-30-2008, 12:00 PM
He's pissed because he can't beat us, the Steeler nation!

STEELtownHAVOX
09-30-2008, 12:36 PM
beat us 3/5 times the last 3 seasons. hopefully we beat them at the end of the season to even things up the past 3 years.

Steelman16
09-30-2008, 03:23 PM
The whole slobbering by The Three Stooges, as somebody so nicely called them, about Ray being the 'mentor' of Felix Jones, and having over 200 contacts in his phone of football players around the league, so he can be the league 'Chaplain', made me want to puke.

>.<

xbroughneck
09-30-2008, 03:32 PM

One tackle broke our backup RBs arm, the other sprained our starting fullback's ankle.

You may have only seen two, but he made a whole hell of a lot more than two tackles last night.

He's an ass, but he's a talented ass. He's still the best inside linebacker in the league when he wants to be.

The_WARDen
09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
The whole slobbering by The Three Stooges, as somebody so nicely called them, about Ray being the 'mentor' of Felix Jones, and having over 200 contacts in his phone of football players around the league, so he can be the league 'Chaplain', made me want to puke.

>.<

at least that would explain all the trouble-makers in the NFL now. I would how many Bungles he has in his contacts?

cubanstogie
09-30-2008, 04:14 PM

>.<

no shhhhht, I guess Ray figures he will pass on all the knowledge he received from his mentor OJ Simpson. The older I get the harder it is to watch pregame and post game analysis. It makes me nauseous.

steelwall
09-30-2008, 05:07 PM

Yep seen it, and it was deserving of a flag (which wasent thrown)....the punch I mean

NJarhead
09-30-2008, 05:34 PM
One tackle broke our backup RBs arm, the other sprained our starting fullback's ankle.

You may have only seen two, but he made a whole hell of a lot more than two tackles last night.

He's an ass, but he's a talented ass. He's still the best inside linebacker in the league when he wants to be.

He piled on one of those tackles (as usual) and our player (not sure if that was Mendenhall's injury) got up hurt.

I'm just glad he didn't shank anyone. :chuckle:

hizmi
09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Lewis is an overrated windbag who jumps on the pile and takes credit for the tackle....but I have to admit he played a heckuva game last night.

Ozman58
09-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes, the Ray-Ray love-fest was definitely sickening. :puke:

Whats was more sickening was the Flacco worship i nthe first half that turned into "welcome to the league rookie" talk once he fumbled and looked rattled.

Football commentators on TV are full or crap anyway. I get more fiar and balanced football analysis from Penn State and Steeler home broadcasters than I do ESPN, NBC, CBS, or FOX

sixstringlass
10-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Yes, the Ray-Ray love-fest was definitely sickening. :puke: I think I saw his ugly mug on the screen at just about every time-out. Never mind that our LB's pretty much took over late in the game.

No kidding. I was totally blocking the screen with my foot every time he came on the TV. He's just so... ugly... no word to describe just HOW ugly he is, either.

SteelCityMan786
10-01-2008, 05:18 PM

He's just mad he hasn't be able to be a ballerina yet.

PalmerSteel
10-01-2008, 06:38 PM
lol, you can dislike the dude all you want and think he is a total asshole, but he did make some nice solid hits, especially against rashard and tipped the one ball. i dont like the ratbird more than any of ya, but we can only hope that our LB'ers play at his level for that long.
besides, can he be THAT bad? he's a good buddy of one of our own mr. steelers, rod woodson.

SteelersJW
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
That whole Ray Lewis feature they had before the game with him in the boxing ring really pissed me off. As I watched that I was thinking to myself: WTF? Figures ESPN would do something like that. You don't see any Steelers linebackers doing any features like that. So what Ray Lewis can tackle a rookie running back and injure him? He's still an old, washed up murderer.

SteelersMongol
10-01-2008, 08:33 PM
That whole Ray Lewis feature they had before the game with him in the boxing ring really pissed me off. As I watched that I was thinking to myself: WTF? Figures ESPN would do something like that. You don't see any Steelers linebackers doing any features like that. So what Ray Lewis can tackle a rookie running back and injure him? He's still an old, washed up murderer.

Boxing ring? ESPN must B joking. Might as well give him samurai sword & ninja knife doing bunch of slashing, stabbing, cutting man shaped dummies & all that inside the martial arts club. :wink02:

12+88=6
10-02-2008, 01:09 AM
he only makes plays if nobody blocks him. for some reason the o-line was not aware of that b/c they didn't block him a few times and he had a free run.

and alot of the run plays went right up the middle where he stands, so the rb's went right at him. moore knocked him 2-3 yards backwards before he got help to stop him at the goaline in the 4th qtr. then in OT he caught that little dump off pass and ray couldn't catch up to him. so i think his best days are in the past.

Tankus_Maximus
10-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah, it was pretty disgusting to see how much espn was sucking Ray's dong. You would've thought he was Obama's running mate the way the liberal media was all over his jock.

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-02-2008, 02:53 PM

They are still playing that video on ESPN. I seen it again twice today.

lilyoder6
10-02-2008, 03:27 PM
thats funny..
i mean ray is still a good lb, but they need to stop the love-fest on him.. shit.. and him talking bout he hasn't played his best football yet.. lol