PDA

View Full Version : Colts pumping crowd noise

BB2W
11-30-2005, 05:16 PM
I was listening to The Dan Patrick Show on ESPN radio, and Ed Werder reported that the Colts were playing crowd noise over the speakers when the Steelers had the ball. A source close to the NFL said there would not be an infraction if artificial noise was used during both teams possessions. The NFL is investigating the claims... A team will be warned first, and fined for every other infraction.

This is causing some ripples in the sports world... Joe Thiesman said if it is determined they did pump crowd noise over the loud speakers that they should have to forfeit every game that they did it. Some analysts are calling it cheating... It doesn't bother me that much, but it doesn't seem right.

I remember a few seasons ago the Packers accused the Vikings of the same thing, and they also said the Texans do it.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-30-2005, 05:47 PM
A f@#king warning! You gotta be kidding me. I'm going to be Really pissed if its true! A false start or 5 could change the outcome of a game!

Prosdo
11-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Sounds pretty damn shady to me!

Koopa
11-30-2005, 08:28 PM
well this is where i break out the cry baby botton from inside the nba........ shit i'd do the same shit, like the late eddie guerrero used to say, if you're not cheating, you're not trying....... and besides crowd noise shouldn't be an excuse for not stepping up and playing like shit, good teams should be able to block out the noise

Ambridge
11-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Big deal!!
The Steelers could have played in stone cold silence on Monday Night and they still would have got their ass beat.

tony hipchest
11-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Big deal!!
The Steelers could have played in stone cold silence on Monday Night and they still would have got their ass beat.

i hate to say it... but i agree.

despite what the MAJORITY of patfans might say i think the colts have been a really good team for several years. its just more enhanced this year since young defensive players like bob sanders are stepping up (corey simon doesnt hurt either).

i still remember what they did to denver and kansas city in the playoffs 2 years ago and the offensive production manning put up last year. thats not to say they couldnt give it up at home to the steelers in the playoffs come late january though.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-30-2005, 08:51 PM
well this is where i break out the cry baby botton from inside the nba........ shit i'd do the same shit, like the late eddie guerrero used to say, if you're not cheating, you're not trying....... and besides crowd noise shouldn't be an excuse for not stepping up and playing like shit, good teams should be able to block out the noise
I would'nt be, nor want to be a fan of ANY team that was found to be cheating. I have no problem with real crowd noise,and I dont think it would have made a difference in the final outcome in our game, but what about their other games,and for that matter future home games?

Koopa
11-30-2005, 09:05 PM
I would'nt be, nor want to be a fan of ANY team that was found to be cheating. I have no problem with real crowd noise,and I dont think it would have made a difference in the final outcome in our game, but what about their other games,and for that matter future home games?

well you have good morals........me i could give a shit, the W is all the matters if you have to give cheap shots to the qb rb or wr, use recorded crowd noise etc etc to win then i'm all for it.........:grin:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2005, 09:57 PM
this is something that the leage is looking into in the offseason.. more penalties for this type of action, and more influence also on how often the home team plays replays when it goes against the positive gain of the home team.

BB2W
11-30-2005, 11:29 PM
also on how often the home team plays replays when it goes against the positive gain of the home team.
I never noticed, or really thought about that...

The worst home field advantage is when the guy in charge of the game clock lets the final second hang on there until the whistle is blown... giving the home team one more possession. I have seen that a couple times.

Suitanim
12-01-2005, 12:17 PM
This is nothing new. It's wrong, but it's nothing new. It always seemed to me the kind of move a team with an inferiority complex would use...isn't your domed crowd noise loud enough? And, if not, why is that?

RoethlisBURGHer
12-01-2005, 02:04 PM
This is another reason dome's suck!

Domes are for the wusses that don't wanna face the weather.Seriously,there shouldn't be a domed football stadiums.

SteelCityMan786
12-01-2005, 07:48 PM
This Story is very true. Make the Colts Forfeit last Monday's Game to us.

clevestinks
12-02-2005, 05:33 AM
See they were afraid of us!

SteelCityMan786
12-02-2005, 07:29 PM
They we're afraid. This will be last years Pittsburgh New England. The Colts Take the 1st Match. We Win the AFC Championship Then Win Super Bowl XL

bigbensgirl7
12-03-2005, 03:05 PM
They we're afraid. This will be last years Pittsburgh New England. The Colts Take the 1st Match. We Win the AFC Championship Then Win Super Bowl XL
I agree completely...and our rematch against the Colts will be with less noise!!! The NFL will definately have their eye on them in the playoffs!!! :bouncy:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Jack del Rio said that he's been complaining about it for a while.