PDA

View Full Version : Let's end all of it now....if the election were today...

stlrtruck
09-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Who would you vote for?

Me I'll take McCain and Palin

revefsreleets
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm voting for change! I'm voting for Barrack Obama!

(insert sarcasm smiley here)

stlrtruck
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Dang revs, can a man finish his poll before you go jumping in :flap:

revefsreleets
09-30-2008, 12:07 PM
But I want world peace. A balanced budget. Tons more government AND lower taxes for all. Free healthcare. No military but love from and for everyone. A perfect world, and I know that Barrack Obama will give me all that and more!

Godfather
09-30-2008, 02:38 PM
I voted for J-Mac and the hottie

The Patriot
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Obama! It's about time we had some one other than a WASP.

NJarhead
09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Obama! It's about time we had some one other than a WASP.

Change your username....RIGHT NOW. :chuckle:

The Patriot
09-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Change your username....RIGHT NOW. :chuckle:

What about it?

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Looks like the SF vote is pretty evenly split.

NJarhead
09-30-2008, 09:15 PM
What about it?

:rolleyes: nevermind

http://ourworld.cs.com/Propyro%20011685/over-your-head.jpg

NJarhead
09-30-2008, 09:17 PM

Kind of scary. I thought Pennsylvania was a red state..?...

The Patriot
09-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Kind of scary. I thought Pennsylvania was a red state..?...

Not one person who has posted in this thread thus far is from Pennsylvania.

NJarhead
09-30-2008, 09:27 PM

Damn. How right you are. Are you cranky or something? Cuz, yer coming across as a man who's cheerios were pee'd in. :wink02:

tony hipchest
09-30-2008, 09:34 PM

great :rolleyes:

*awaits accusation/insinuation i created multiple accounts under screenames of
Houston Dan
Nashville Dan
Bismark Dan
Topeka Dan
Charlotte Dan
Wichita Dan
Phoenix Dan
Dover Dan
NYC Dan
Philadelphia Dan
Denver Dan
to skew the poll results to see what i want to see.* :chuckle:

:coffee:

HometownGal
09-30-2008, 09:36 PM

Not any more!

I want a LEADER, not a follower.

McCain/Palin gets my support and my vote! :thumbsup:

NJarhead
09-30-2008, 09:37 PM

Houston Dan
Nashville Dan
Bismark Dan
Topeka Dan
Charlotte Dan
Wichita Dan
Phoenix Dan
Dover Dan
NYC Dan
Philadelphia Dan
Denver Dan

Nah. That'd be like "accusing" the Sun of rising in the morning. It's too obvious. :chuckle: :wink02:

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 09:38 PM

Houston Dan
Nashville Dan
Bismark Dan
Topeka Dan
Charlotte Dan
Wichita Dan
Phoenix Dan
Dover Dan
NYC Dan
Philadelphia Dan
Denver Dan

Nope, it does shoot to hell the theory of this board being a right wing echo chamber, though. :coffee:

NJarhead
Not any more!

I want a LEADER, not a follower.

McCain/Palin gets my support and my vote! :thumbsup:

What's up NOW...biatch? :laughing: j/k.

http://mymccainblog.com/pics/mccainpalin.gif

HometownGal

Try again sucka!

PA is a BLUE state, but Obama holds only a slight lead here, which is rare for a Demo candidate.

HometownGal
09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
So much for the Libs here B & M'ing that this is a "right wing board". :jerkit::chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Nope, it does shoot to hell the theory of this board being a right wing echo chamber, though. :coffee:huh? silence doesnt echo...

with such an even (and accurate split) it makes one wonder why so few who are voting left decline to speak on these issues?

goes back to my theory of most on a football board being politically non-confrontational, especially with the pile-on mentality all the bush backers here have shown.

:bump:

nobody wants to be ostracized for their politics on a football board they enjoy and love. (well, hardly nobody... :wink02: )

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 10:04 PM
goes back to my theory of most on a football board being politically non-confrontational, especially with the pile-on mentality all the bush backers here have shown.

I think it has more to do with people (regardless of political stripe) not wanting to argue politics on a football messageboard, but whatever.

Crushzilla
09-30-2008, 10:08 PM
huh? silence doesnt echo...

with such an even (and accurate split) it makes one wonder why so few who are voting left decline to speak on these issues?

nobody wants to be ostracized for their politics on a football board they enjoy and love. (well, hardly nobody... :wink02: )

Well, I'm a "Democrat." I have strong views, opinions on government, but genuinely enjoy listening to others' arguments.

I'm probably actually closer to a Moderate. An actual Moderate, not the re-packaged version of the word often used to soften the bi-partisan bologna...

However, I have seen how the political arguments tend to end up around here. No freaking thanks. It only takes one absolute lunatic to send the whole thing into a downward spiral.

The problem with a message board is it removes the ever-important "punch-in-the-mouth" factor. In other words, "I can say outrageous, offensive, and off-color things because there is no way any of these people can punch me in the mouth for being a jackass."

Gary, Marianne, there HAS to be technology out there to fix this!

I'm actually still kicking around who I'm going to vote for next month. Right now, its Obama. That's who I "voted" for here.

tony hipchest
09-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I think it has more to do with people (regardless of political stripe) not wanting to argue politics on a football messageboard, but whatever.

exactly! :drink:

....my theory of most on a football board being politically non-confrontational

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 10:13 PM
The problem with a message board is it removes the ever-important "punch-in-the-mouth" factor. In other words, "I can say outrageous, offensive, and off-color things because there is no way any of these people can punch me in the mouth for being a jackass."

Best laugh I've had today. Thanks, Ryan! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

tony hipchest
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Well, I'm a "Democrat." I have strong views, opinions on government, but genuinely enjoy listening to others' arguments.

I'm probably actually closer to a Moderate. An actual Moderate, not the re-packaged version of the word often used to soften the bi-partisan bologna...

However, I have seen how the political arguments tend to end up around here. No freaking thanks. It only takes one absolute lunatic to send the whole thing into a downward spiral.

I'm actually still kicking around who I'm going to vote for next month. Right now, its Obama. That's who I "voted" for here.OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youve outed yourself!

RUN.......! :cya:

.... AND HIDE! :couch:

now you will be endlessly berated into giving a defense of your (up until now) tenative selection. :sofunny:

(insert browbeating smiley here) :wink02::chuckle:

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 10:23 PM

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youve outed yourself!

RUN.......! :cya:

.... AND HIDE! :couch:

now you will be endlessly berated into giving a defense of your (up until now) tenative selection. :sofunny:

(insert browbeating smiley here) :wink02::chuckle:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/03/25/sports/basketball/25bigred.jpg

Awright Hipchest, I'm Emailing you my phone number and address and you and me are gonna go!

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Havik
09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I want a leader and not a follower. McSame does nothing but follow George Bush. Obama all the way.

cubanstogie
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
I want a leader and not a follower. McSame does nothing but follow George Bush. Obama all the way.

you clearly haven't paid much attention to McCains history if you think he follows Bush. Not trying to change your vote or opinion, but that is an ignorant statement.

The Patriot
10-01-2008, 05:21 AM
Damn. How right you are. Are you cranky or something? Cuz, yer coming across as a man who's cheerios were pee'd in. :wink02:

Lol, no. I'm just an observant poll assessor.

stillers4me
10-01-2008, 05:38 AM
you clearly haven't paid much attention to McCains history if you think he follows Bush. Not trying to change your vote or opinion, but that is an ignorant statement.

Another bumper sticker voter. :doh:

revefsreleets
10-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Unfortunately, many voters have no idea who or what they are actually voting for, they just vote based on what their party tells them to.

X-Terminator
10-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Democrat for McCain/Palin here...

stlrtruck
10-01-2008, 10:10 AM

Houston Dan
Nashville Dan
Bismark Dan
Topeka Dan
Charlotte Dan
Wichita Dan
Phoenix Dan
Dover Dan
NYC Dan
Philadelphia Dan
Denver Dan

Since this is my thread I felt compelled and justified in the following:

:buttkick:

STEELtownHAVOX
10-01-2008, 11:11 AM
so far, real close.

pitt
10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
McCain/Palin

CanadianSteel
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Since I am Canadian, I won't vote here specially since looks all even. Should mirror the actuall election and be clsoe.

One question about McCain, does he have a hump back type problem as it appears when he waves that he cannot lift his hands higher than say his mid chest.

This is a somewhat serious question as he looks funny waving when he is on TV.

Leftoverhard
10-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Big surprise, Obama/Biden :wink02:

HometownGal
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM

Really?? Looks like a dead heat to me. Feed that seeing eye dog, damn it! :wink02::chuckle:

One question about McCain, does he have a hump back type problem as it appears when he waves that he cannot lift his hands higher than say his mid chest.

No - he does not have a hump back type problem - read below.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa4442/is_200609/ai_n17193837

John Sidney McCain, of Phoenix, Arizona, born 29 August 1936 in the then-US Canal Zone, graduated from the US Naval Academy in 1958 and from the National War College in 1974. What most people remember about him, however, is that, as a Communist Prisoner-of-War, he suffered two broken arms, a broken shoulder and a broken leg, plus a bayonet wound in the groin and years of enemy beatings and other bodily torture - all in the service of his country and the American people. He is a hero par excellence.

This is a somewhat serious question as he looks funny waving when he is on TV.

He doesn't look funny to me. His arm and shoulder fractures most likely never healed properly while in capativity and he cannot lift his arms up like most people can.

CanadianSteel
10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Fair enough Hometowngirl ....as I did know he was a POW and that possibly injures from war. It was only an observation that I probably should have looked up first or perhaps worded better.
Should be an interesting race upcoming which the resultt will affect my country as well.

xfl2001fan
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM

Marianne, I think it was him saying:

I'm voting for Obama/Biden. Big Surprise right? That's how I was reading it anyways.

Big surprise from me, Palin/McCain (since she's still the main target of Libs)

Leftoverhard
10-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Undecided voters, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkWebP2Q0Y

RunWillieRun
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Undecided voters, check this out:

I bet she knows there are only 50 states, unlike Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

:rofl:

HometownGal
10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I bet she knows there are only 50 states, unlike Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

:rofl:

Damned straight. :thumbsup: I'd also bet dollars to donutz that she'd never make a HUGE fubar like Obama did when he slipped and referred to himself as a "Muslim" until he had to be reminded that he wants everyone to believe he is a Christian. Dumb ass. :laughing:

HometownGal
10-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Marianne, I think it was him saying:

I'm voting for Obama/Biden. Big Surprise right? That's how I was reading it anyways.

Big surprise from me, Palin/McCain (since she's still the main target of Libs)

My apologies to Leftoverhard if I misinterpreted what he posted. :hug: He's a Lib but he's cool in my book! :drink:

Of course she's the main target of the Libs - they have nothing on McCain so they're hitting his running mate. They still haven't realized that McCain is the candidate, not Sarah. :laughing::laughing::rofl:

tony hipchest
10-01-2008, 05:05 PM
They still haven't realized that McCain is the candidate, not Sarah. :laughing::laughing::rofl:mccain doesnt realize this either. :doh: i dont know if he'll ever figure it out. :banging:

:sofunny:

TSDMedic
10-01-2008, 07:32 PM
McCain and Palin are the obvious choices here.

Why would I, as a single mother who does not receive child support, want to pay even more in taxes than I do now??

Why would I want someone leading my country who is too dumb to know how many states we have....it's 50 Barack not 57...but I guess he had our country confused with his homeland in the Middle East!

I don't like the fact that our young soliders are dying in a war....but war is a part of life...like it or not! These soliders volunteer to fight for our freedom...but I guess Barack wants to bring them all home...who will fight for our freedom then??? Barack's Muslim army?????

Finally, as I wrap up what could be a long thread, so I'll make this short, sweet and to the point....no one likes body odor (B.O.) so why would I want a president whose initials are B.O. (body odor)!?!?!

43Hitman
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
McCain/Palin

Leftoverhard
10-02-2008, 11:14 AM
McCain and Palin are the obvious choices here.

Why would I, as a single mother who does not receive child support, want to pay even more in taxes than I do now??

Why would I want someone leading my country who is too dumb to know how many states we have....it's 50 Barack not 57...but I guess he had our country confused with his homeland in the Middle East!

I don't like the fact that our young soliders are dying in a war....but war is a part of life...like it or not! These soliders volunteer to fight for our freedom...but I guess Barack wants to bring them all home...who will fight for our freedom then??? Barack's Muslim army?????

Finally, as I wrap up what could be a long thread, so I'll make this short, sweet and to the point....no one likes body odor (B.O.) so why would I want a president whose initials are B.O. (body odor)!?!?!

Ok guys, xfl you're right I was being sarcastic saying big surprise, I know sarcasm doesn't always carry well on a message board. HometownGal, It's cool, I def don't think Obama will win on this poll, I didn't even think it would be as close as it is, in real life however....Well, I can only hope at this point. But :drink: anyway!

Let me just comment on the whole "57" thing. I saw that as him being to some states 57 times. You know, like - "I've been to California 7 times", not - California is 7 states. Maybe he was talking about Heinz 57, lol.
Seriously If that was an actual gaffe then I think he had been campaigning for a long time and he was tired. These candidates do some grueling work - Sometimes they mess up. To say that Obama, a Harvard graduate doesn't actually know how many States we have in the US is a stretch.

To TSDmedic, I'll try and not pick on you too bad but this post of yours reeks of it's own BO or is it BS? Or maybe you're just confused - I know Obama's name could confuse you, do you think he's that chap who wrought 9/11 upon us? Well, he's not, Obama is an American Senator from Illinios who is running for President on the Democratic ticket. Ring any bells? The other guy has somehow escaped into a cave for 8 years, meanwhile we caught Saddam Hussein (no relation) and publicly hung him although he - wait - do you still think he had something to do with the cave guy? Or am I totally off? Do you actually know all this and you just think Obama is an imposter who, once elected, will put on a turban and call his "muslim army" to battle our country - from within the White House! Sounds like a Lord of The Rings scenario. Creative! What were we talking about again? Oh, yeah, fighting for our freedom. Is your freedom at stake in Iraq? :noidea::noidea::noidea:

P.S. If you're a low-income, single-mother, B.O. is not raising your taxes. End. Nothing stinky about that.

Vis
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
We can't afford another right wing Supreme Court nominee. Gobama!

HometownGal
10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Ok guys, xfl you're right I was being sarcastic saying big surprise, I know sarcasm doesn't always carry well on a message board. HometownGal, It's cool, I def don't think Obama will win on this poll, I didn't even think it would be as close as it is, in real life however....Well, I can only hope at this point. But :drink: anyway!

So can I - hope that Obama is ahead in the CBS straw polls on the night of the election. :toofunny::toofunny::egg: :applaudit:

Let me just comment on the whole "57" thing. I saw that as him being to some states 57 times. You know, like - "I've been to California 7 times", not - California is 7 states. Maybe he was talking about Heinz 57, lol.
Seriously If that was an actual gaffe then I think he had been campaigning for a long time and he was tired. These candidates do some grueling work - Sometimes they mess up. To say that Obama, a Harvard graduate doesn't actually know how many States we have in the US is a stretch.

Uh - OK. Different when Obama makes the "gaffe" - poor schooky ookums was just tired. :coffee: Pretty big gaffe is you ask me. When one tries too hard to cover his/her tracks, the truth always comes out. Fact of life.

http://www.nwce.gov.uk/bank_images/spinning_top.JPG

Vis
10-02-2008, 11:48 AM
So can I - hope that Obama is ahead in the CBS straw polls on the night of the election. :toofunny::toofunny::egg: :applaudit:

Uh - OK. Different when Obama makes the "gaffe" - poor schooky ookums was just tired. :coffee: Pretty big gaffe is you ask me. When one tries too hard to cover his/her tracks, the truth always comes out. Fact of life.

http://www.nwce.gov.uk/bank_images/spinning_top.JPG

Are you saying that you really believe Obama doesn't know how many states there are?

steelreserve
10-02-2008, 11:54 AM
As I've said before, I hope Obama has a more exciting plan than buying a new car or sending my daughter to college, because that's what he'd cost me in taxes. I'm voting for McCain, but that probably won't matter at all, given that I live in California and Obama is going to win the state anyway.

This current economic crisis seems like it makes Obama a lot more likely to win. People seem to equate the mess with Republicans and the current administration, and the notion of "change" has gained a ton of momentum. Not to mention Obama seems to look collected and confident in the face of this, which only helps him more.

Sigh. Oh well, I guess we'll see if what he plans really is going to be that expensive and ruinous.

Vis
10-02-2008, 12:03 PM
As I've said before, I hope Obama has a more exciting plan than buying a new car or sending my daughter to college, because that's what he'd cost me in taxes. I'm voting for McCain, but that probably won't matter at all, given that I live in California and Obama is going to win the state anyway.

This current economic crisis seems like it makes Obama a lot more likely to win. People seem to equate the mess with Republicans and the current administration, and the notion of "change" has gained a ton of momentum. Not to mention Obama seems to look collected and confident in the face of this, which only helps him more.

Sigh. Oh well, I guess we'll see if what he plans really is going to be that expensive and ruinous.

The last Dem had a surplus. We now have the largest deficit ever after 8 years of a Rep. The meme that republicans are better for the economy has lost credibility.

And I'll swap votes because McCain will win SC

HometownGal
10-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Are you saying that you really believe Obama doesn't know how many states there are?

Who knows? What I am saying is that Obama's little slip up could very well be taken to mean the 57 member states in the Organization of Islamic Conference, i.e. his true Muslim ties. First he "forgets" how many states are in the country he is campaigning to lead, then he "forgets" that he's Christian. Scary to think what he'll forget next.

MACH1
10-02-2008, 12:27 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/mgarbettjr/pinochi-Obama.jpg

Hmm.first the 57 states slip then the "my islamic"

Kind of reminds me a person on the witness stand that slips up when being cross questioned. That's why I, um err I mean.......

stillers4me
10-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Obama has shown that he is willing to do anything to get elected.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/barokopalin.jpg

MACH1
10-02-2008, 12:52 PM
http://www.songsforamerica.net/photogallery/new021708/obama-weed.jpg

:toofunny:

Leftoverhard
10-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm not usually so into the fun-poking photos on here but that's actually hilarious. :laughing:

Obama has shown that he is willing to do anything to get elected.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/barokopalin.jpg

Leftoverhard
10-03-2008, 10:03 AM

Havik
10-03-2008, 09:56 PM

Obama's tax plan would increase taxes in 2009 on the wealthiest 20 percent of households while offering tax cuts for the other 80 percent. The largest increases would be on the top 1 percent of earners. So I'm guessing you'll miss out on being able to buy that $50,000 car or build a vacation house.

Leftoverhard
10-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Voter fraud! Lol, seriously, I thought Obama would have lost by a much bigger margin.
Congratulations! Savor it while you can guys.

RunWillieRun
10-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Obama's tax plan would increase taxes in 2009 on the wealthiest 20 percent of households while offering tax cuts for the other 80 percent. The largest increases would be on the top 1 percent of earners. So I'm guessing you'll miss out on being able to buy that $50,000 car or build a vacation house.

and I guess all of those buisness owners in the top 1% will miss out on reinvesting in their companies and creating jobs too. I guess to compensate they'll raise prices on their goods/services thus passing the tax increases onto the other 99% of us. But go ahead! Let's tax ourselves out of a recession! :banging:

RunWillieRun
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
This should come as no shock:

http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=1492804&nid=213

By OSKAR GARCIA
Associated Press Writer

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Nevada state authorities are raiding the Las Vegas headquarters of an organization that works to get low-income people to vote.

A Nevada secretary of state's office spokesman said Tuesday that investigators are looking for evidence of voter fraud at the office of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, also called ACORN.

No one was at the ACORN office when state agents arrived with a search warrant and began carting records and documents away.

Secretary of State spokesman Bob Walsh says ACORN is accused of submitting multiple voter registrations with false and duplicate names.

The raid comes two months after state and federal authorities formed a task force to pursue election-fraud allegations in Nevada.

Can someone remind me who was a community organizer with this group?

-Excuse me, what's that you say?

-Barack Obama?

-The person who is going to benefit most from these fradulent registrations?

Why anyone wants this guy to run the country I'll never know.

Leftoverhard
10-07-2008, 01:48 PM
voter fraud! racism! sexism! :hypno:!
RWR - What are your thoughts on the massive voter fraud of the 2000 and 2004 elections? Show some even-handedness and maybe what you say won't just be blown off as the :hypno: it is.

RunWillieRun
10-07-2008, 02:12 PM
voter fraud! racism! sexism! :hypno:!
RWR - What are your thoughts on the massive voter fraud of the 2000 and 2004 elections? Show some even-handedness and maybe what you say won't just be blown off as the :hypno: it is.

I, for one, am not happy with ANY voter fraud. Any case of voter fraud should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Keep bring up the past though, that seems to be where many liberals like to live.

I gave you a link and article for the voter fraud raid. I don't know how that equates to, "maybe what you say won't just be blown off as the :hypno: it is." I guess if you want to blow off the article, fine, bury your head in the sand.

revefsreleets
10-07-2008, 05:09 PM
There was a Democrat here in my neck of the woods registered to vote 14 times...lot's of other irregularities and tomfoolery going on, too...

So far in THIS election (the only one that currently really matters) only Democrats in Ohio have been fingered for voter fraud.

Hammer Of The GODS
10-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Haven't posted in a while, but I need to add something to these debates about who should be the prez.

Something has me confused.................

On Sept. 11th 2001 a group of muslims ( living among us ) crashed 3 planes into buildings and another into the ground in PA. Before that another group of muslims tried to bring the towers down by using explosives in the basements.

Wait read that last bit again............ read it............

These people are from a group of people who absolutely hate the US and have hated us for a long time. They will stop at nothing to destroy our way of life.

Go back up and read that other statement again.............

Why is it so hard to admit the possibilty of ONE man being responsible for bringing this country down from inside the political arena at the highest position? We were brought to our perverbial knees by muslims wielding box knives who trained in our very own flight simulators! The very same men also ate in our restaurants drank in our bars and stood in the same line as us to get/renew our drivers licenses! The point is that we overlooked these people once(1st attempt at bombing the towers) only to have them inflict damage that the US soil hasn't seen since Pearl Harbor. So why overlook/underestimate them again? It is naive to think its impossible for obama to have associations with radical muslims. The man went virtually unoticed in the early years of his career. ?????????????

Obama has NO real political experience. Maybe there is a reason for that..... think about it......the lions greatest chance to succeed is for the gazelle to be surprised from out of nowhere!

Granted it reads like a hollywood movie, but I REFUSE to take that chance and vote for a muslim to be my president! 9/11 is still fresh in my mind and its what I see when I look at a muslim. Not my fault that muslims have a bad rap. Blame that on other muslims!

Call me rascist if you want because I don't trust a man because he's muslim. But if you could go back in time to before 9/11 and had the power to restrict ALL muslims from flight training in the US to try and save the lives of those people who died that day would you do it?
Saying yes would make you a rascist in our society, but in reality you would be a hero.

I don't really like McCain but its the vote that lets me sleep at night!

Havik
10-07-2008, 06:11 PM
and I guess all of those business owners in the top 1% will miss out on reinvesting in their companies and creating jobs too. I guess to compensate they'll raise prices on their goods/services thus passing the tax increases onto the other 99% of us. But go ahead! Let's tax ourselves out of a recession

You mean those same business owners moving all these jobs overseas that are getting all the tax breaks now? Yeah that's reinvesting. I'm sure you can also explain unemployment being the highest it's been since the Great Depression. Obama wants to give tax breaks to businesses who keep and create jobs in the U.S. while closing tax loopholes for businesses who move jobs overseas. He also has a plan to end the asinine and wasteful war in Iraq. Because of deregulation, big business has been allowed to police itself, leading to the economic disaster this country is in.

revefsreleets
10-07-2008, 06:28 PM
And McCain wants to lower the US tax rate for businesses to keep them in line with what every other country in the world is taxing.

Why would you do business in a country that takes 35% when you could go to a country that only charges 15%?

Patriotism may trump a 5% tax difference, but 20%?

Would YOU stay in a place that took 35% off the top when you could relatively easily move to a place that would only take 15%?

Leftoverhard
10-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Hey, Hammer of the Gods, look over there, it's a shiny thing!

Remember OK City? Oh, you forgot. Oh, I see.

And one man's terrorist is another man's state terrorist. The view from where you are must be pretty bad, maybe if you got a better look, you could see the whole picture.

Hammer Of The GODS
10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey, Hammer of the Gods, look over there, it's a shiny thing!

Remember OK City? Oh, you forgot. Oh, I see.

And one man's terrorist is another man's state terrorist. The view from where you are must be pretty bad, maybe if you got a better look, you could see the whole picture.

About what I expected, a statement that attacks my intelligence.

Yes I do remember OK city. McVeigh and Nichols were part of a militia group that was pissed off about the way the government dealt with Waco TX and Ruby Ridge. Now to punch a hole in your rascism accusation. I would never vote for ANY white man who was affiliated with a group that would murder innocent people! Problem is it is harder to spot a crazy white man just by looking at him. Not every brown skinned man is muslim but the odds are greater in that scenario.

And as far as MY "view" is concerned. I'll bet when it comes to terrorists and radical muslims my view is clearer and more informed than yours. I spent 11 months in the desert with those people trying to help them make a better life for themselves. Only to be shot at and blown the f@*k up with IEDs!

The right to judge a muslim in a negative light was given to me by MUSLIMS!

Hey BENToverhard, look over there. It's a shiny thing. Why it's a silver suitcase with a dirty bomb in it. Smuggled in because people like you refuse to see the reality of the world!

Don't poke the bear!

MasterOfPuppets
10-08-2008, 09:42 PM
:popcorn:

Leftoverhard
10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
people like you refuse to see the reality of the world!

Hmm. I know a lot of guys who've served our country with pride. I work with a lot of those guys. They have my gratitude , as do you - but as far as my buddies go, none of them have ever played the martyr card the way you just did. Surely you have more to offer in an argument than your head on a plate. And as far as people "like me" go, you have no idea.

Hammer Of The GODS
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Hmm. I know a lot of guys who've served our country with pride. I work with a lot of those guys. They have my gratitude , as do you - but as far as my buddies go, none of them have ever played the martyr card the way you just did. Surely you have more to offer in an argument than your head on a plate. And as far as people "like me" go, you have no idea.

Ok, let me say 1st off that I am not going to get into a flamethrowing contest with you. So this will be my last response to your posts.

I spoke of my service as a point of reference to my personal experience and knowlege of terrorists and radical muslims, which was a direct counter to the "view from where you are must be pretty bad" statement you made. I did not do it for your gratitude or a pat on the back. I certainly did not do it to paint myself as a martyr. In my original post there was no reference to my service in the Marines. My statement stands on its own without it. Your assanine reply insulting my intelligence is the reason I brought it up.

Nice try though. I guess it's easier for you to take pot shots than open your mind to points of view other than your own.

Your right though..... I have no idea who you are. Which is why I did not attack your opinions in this thread with sarcastic shots at your intelligence. You however percieve in your mind that people with opinions that contradict yours are simply not smart enough to comprehend your point of view. I guess that makes it easier for you to maintain your "observations" of the world no matter how narrow they are.

It is odd though that you make the claim that I don't "know" you. Yet you pigeonholed me as a racsist idiot who doesn't have a "clear view"!

As far as your friends/co-workers who served in the military. It is entirely possible that they just don't voice thier opinion around you because it's obvious that you are intolerant of views that don't liken your own. Maybe they just don't feel that your worth argueing with.

Maybe they subscribe to the same saying as I do..............

"Never argue with an ignorant person. They will just bring you down to thier level and beat you with experience!"

Now I'm done with you......

Leftoverhard
10-18-2008, 01:44 PM
This poll needs a :bump:

tony hipchest
10-18-2008, 01:47 PM
i just registered as MICKEY MOUSE and T.O. and voted for obama another 2 times! :wink:

c'mon people. its still a tight race! :tt02:

:chuckle:

Makaveli
10-18-2008, 01:52 PM
i just registered as MICKEY MOUSE and T.O. and voted for obama another 2 times! :wink:

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Leftoverhard
10-18-2008, 01:53 PM

Hey, this is a FOOTBALL site not a DISNEY site. Get with it dude! :mad::laughing:

HometownGal
10-18-2008, 02:38 PM

It is still a very tight race with Obama only leading by a hair in PA which is a heavily Demo state. :thumbsup: On this board, however - the choice is clear and the people have spoken! :applaudit:

Thanks for the heads-up hipcheese. Here I thought you registered as Muppet13 so you could vote - silly me. :doh::wink02::chuckle:

Wokka, wokka, wokka!

Leftoverhard
10-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Here I thought you registered as Muppet13 so you could vote - silly me. :doh::wink02::chuckle:

Wokka, wokka, wokka!

lol, I actually have a feeling Muppet13 might not be old enough to vote. Besides, he already let us know how he feels about politics. :laughing:

tony hipchest
10-18-2008, 02:47 PM
It is still a very tight race with Obama only leading by a hair in PA which is a heavily Demo state. :thumbsup: On this board, however - the choice is clear and the people have spoken! :applaudit:

Thanks for the heads-up hipcheese. Here I thought you registered as Muppet13 so you could vote - silly me. :doh::wink02::chuckle:

Wokka, wokka, wokka!:toofunny:

:flap:

:scratchchin:

:idea:

Leftoverhard
10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Bump - only 7 days left. There's gotta be more than 60 something people who would vote anonymously on this poll.

fugawzi
10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow, I'm actually surprised how close it is. I started a poll exactly like this on a Pearl Jam forum. It was overwhelmingly in favor of Obama. Kinda funny I think. Maybe it's a regional thing? I donno. I voted in the poll btw.