PDA

View Full Version : Open stadium.

MrHarrison92
09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Personally I love the fact that the steelers are one of the few teams who have decided to keep an open stadium and play in rain, snow, wind, whatever. I think the weather is a big factor in football and all these teams are taking that out of the competition! But not our Steelers! We play the old school style! Well I'd like to hear from some old school Steelers fans who are with me on this subject!!!

Lets go Steeler Nation!!!

Sharkissle29
09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
yea i dont like these new stadiums with retractable roofs etc. doesnt even feel like they are playing outside

MrHarrison92
09-30-2008, 02:23 PM
yea i dont like these new stadiums with retractable roofs etc. doesnt even feel like they are playing outside

Like I stated, its a big factor in football and teams are taking that away! Thats a big reason why im a steelers fan......cause that play :smash mouth" football!

Statik
09-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Who all has a dome/retractable...

- Detroit
- New Orleans
- Minnesota
- Indy
- Dallas will next year

Am I missing anyone?

Stlrs4Life
09-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Houston

Statik
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Forgot Houston...well, they're a partial dome for the time being, until they get the roof fixed....

Not taking away from the thread starter, but it stil seems that most of the NFL stays outside....

Despite that, I'll take the Black & Gold in any bad weather game, we know how to kick some tail in crappy weather...

stlrtruck
09-30-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd rather have an open stadium similar to TRS. Now that was a stadium that rocked!!! I hate open-ended stadiums, what's the freakin' use? If I want to see downtown I'd pay to come to PIttsburgh during the summer and catch a Pirates game - but in the fall, I don't come for that. I come for football, for knock them out of their socks football! A view of downtown is only impressive when the Steelers are up by 35, have the ball, and there is less than 2 minutes to go!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I hate domed stadium.

However, most of those teams are built to only play in domes/good weather. Stick them in:

Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Chicago
Green Bay
New York City
New England

Send most of those types of teams there in the winter and they won't play so well.

iloveben7
09-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Arizona has one, don't they

and I think it's stupid to have a dome because football is meant to be played outside. go play arena football if you can't deal with the weather. chickens

Hapa
09-30-2008, 05:45 PM

They aren't outside.

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Yep. These teams are taking away the legendary elements of snow and rain. Some of the most memorable playoff games have been played in terrible weather. Who can forget the tuck rule game a few years back?

steelpride12
09-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Thats the Steelers game. Weather has always given them the advantage and most players if not all prefer it.
Shows the toughness for a team to come out in 20 degree weather with snow and kick a$$.
Its Steeler Football.

Sharkissle29
09-30-2008, 07:15 PM
I hate domed stadium.

However, most of those teams are built to only play in domes/good weather. Stick them in:

Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Chicago
Green Bay
New York City
New England

Send most of those types of teams there in the winter and they won't play so well.

Thats very true. All the teams you listed get more dangerous as the season goes on because of weather situations. I never looked at it that way but thats a disadvantage for other teams coming into our weather.

Ozman58
09-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Heinz Field and its bad grass are exactly what I expected. The Steelers should never play in an sort of stadium that protects them or their opponents from the weather. That's not how we do things.

SteelerFan091472
09-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Who all has a dome/retractable...

- Detroit
- New Orleans
- Minnesota
- Indy
- Dallas will next year

Am I missing anyone?

The Rogers Centre in Toronto. The Bills will hosting the Dolphins on December 7th there.

NJarhead
09-30-2008, 08:11 PM
I think the Vikings should go back to the open stadium. It'd be more of a home field advantage than Lambeau Field.

jjpro11
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
I think the Vikings should go back to the open stadium. It'd be more of a home field advantage than Lambeau Field.

especially with a guy like AP. i bet he'd love to get the snow shoes on.