PDA

View Full Version : Let's Move on...Next Up....jaguars

stlrtruck
09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Last night was an awesome display of football (at least for the second half).

What the boys in black and gold did was an excellent display of their testicular fortitude but in all actuality it doesn't matter today what they did last night. There is no chance of sitting in the limelight - even for a day!

Today starts the journey towards jacksonville and the team needs to get refocused. Forget anything that stabit ray and his band of misfits did or tried to do last night, let's focus on that jacksonville defense which has had our number over the years.

Focus on jacksonville, eliminate mental miscues, and go into the bye week 4-1 with no more injuries!!!

HERE WE GO :tt: STEELERS :tt: HERE WE GO

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Jacksonville has our number. However, they really haven't been impressive so far. Squeaking out at home vs. Houston when we drilled them. Also, home field means nothing when playing them since they tarp off empty seats anyway, and we usually have more fans than them down there,

Statik
09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I'll definitely second that.

EAST-LA-STEELER
09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
I'll predict a 21- 3 victory to the Steelers...

SteelMember
09-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Sure, but why can't we give this week as much attention after a win as we did after a loss. :laughing:

Those Jagoffs must lose!

Another game like the last two and our IR list will have depleated our entire practice squad.
I blame the conditioning coach.......and the dietitian for that matter.

What a bunch of bums. They suck!* :chuckle:

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Another game like the last two and our IR list will have depleated our entire practice squad.

:chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I think this time, we beat them. They aren't playing that well. Shut down Jones-Drew and what's-his-face and we're good.

Their defense doesn't look anywhere near as good this year as it did last year either.

Steelman16
09-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Sure, but why can't we give this week as much attention after a win as we did after a loss. :laughing:

Those Jagoffs must lose!

Must be Casey's new side job. :chuckle:

The Jaguars can never be overlooked, because they're kinda like the Ravens...they bring it on hard every game. They barely beat Houston in overtime, so if our offense continues the upward trend of this last second half, we should be able to score early and often. I'm looking for our defense to out for Garrard blood as well.

Stlrs4Life
09-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Until our offense can straighten itself out, there will not be an easy game. I think Jacksonville is better than Baltimore.

PalmerSteel
09-30-2008, 03:57 PM
will be tough one. but then again, the way our offense is playing, all of em are gonna be struggles. as long as our D can play like it did last night we may be able to squeak out a win. i think alot of it depends on if we have a big snack playing though. is he supposed to play?

kmsteelerwr15
09-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Let me tell you, ive been waiting for this game since January. This is gonna be a great game, its gonna be physical and thats the way i like it. I'm just hoping we dont come away with the injuries like we did last night.

oh and of course getting that 4th win :tt02:

The_WARDen
09-30-2008, 04:54 PM
this game is gonna be tough.

A) they played a very physical OT game and now have a short week for an away game against another physical team.
B) for whatever reason (luck/talent/voodoo), JAX has their number recently.
C) no proven RBs and they will need to establish the run to take some pressure of the Oline & Ben.

However, the defense is playing lights out and the JAX Oline is banged up itself.

If I was a betting man, I'd have to put $$ on the Jaguars. Although, I think the defense comes up huge once again and Troy wins it with an INT return to win it.

21-17 Steelers.

BTW, it's be real nice to get out of this week with no more friggin injuries!!

:tt03:

memphissteelergirl
09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
J'ville has beaten us at our own game for far too long. Let's hope Ben's lighting a fire under the team @ halftime last night carries over to Sunday night. If the D gets to Gerrard quickly and often, we got a shot. But this will be another ugly win, though.

Men of Steel 21
Jagoffs 18

:tt02::tt03::tt02::tt03:

lilyoder6
09-30-2008, 05:19 PM
both teams are hurting on the off side of the ball with all these players being injured.. it will be another tough game for the steelers.. but i hope hampton can come back.. b/c the 5 dressed d-line last night were warriors for playing so much..

Edman
09-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Jacksonville has our number. No matter how bad they look, they always get up to play the Steelers. They always find a way to beat us, wether it's their running game or some fluky lucky bullcrap play. They beat us twice in Heinz last year. We get them down and we let them escape. This time we're in their house. The Steelers played a decent team on the road not too long ago and looked really bad. Now we're on the road playing a decent team again. You better believe the crowd will be loud. The Steelers under Tomlin has consistently show a lack of intensity on the road and just let the home team push them around.

We're beaten up pretty bad and seeing as how our O-Line can make anyone look like the Steel Curtain, I have empty confidence in this game.

It's gonna be another game that goes down to the wire, or Philadelphia part II.

steelpride12
09-30-2008, 07:09 PM
No matter how much different the Jags are from last season this game will be again another smash mouth test for the black and gold.

The jags have our number and they know they dominate us every season. There a great team with good players in all positions and the will find our weakness.

The Steelers need to over come the injuries smash the Jags in the mouth, get a run, pass game established and play lights out on defense. We never lose, but much against the Jags lets hope this is our year.

stillers4me
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
So, everyone agrees that the Jags have our number.

What say you we change that number. :tt02:

cubanstogie
09-30-2008, 07:20 PM
lets hope Leftwich provides the staff and team with insights to help beat his prior team. Gerrard is not playing with the same confidence he had last year. He is making more mistakes. Yes they have had our number, but we have rising stars in Woodley and Timmons, with Polamolu back to himself creating havoc. Plus our special teams is much improved on the coverage end. They have beaten us by huge run backs . With that said I think this game will go to OT possibly or at least down to last second field goal. I do think Ben will have to throw 30 times. Hopefully some screens and flat patterns to Moore.

Ozman58
09-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Lets also how That Maurice J-D and Taylor exhibit some of their early struggles.

I'm not worried about the D-Side of the ball, but I think we'll need 21+ to win. With our own run game in questions, I agree Ben will have to throw more than usual and that in turn means he will need to be protected better for mid to long range passes.

Blonde Bomber
09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Taylor, and Jones-Drew got 57 yards against the who? The Texans????

:rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Taylor, and Jones-Drew got 57 yards against the who? The Texans????

:rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know. Garrard was their leading rusher with something like 41 yards and the Jags didnt get a single sack of Schaub. The fact that they rank 27th in the NFL in sacks per play might be an advantage to a Steeler team that has been under pressure offensively.

I really dont know what to make of this game. The Jags eeked out that win against the Texans and made Schaub look good. If Schaub can rack up 300 yards passing and 3 TD's, in Jacksonville, you would think the Steelers could do the same???

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 10:02 PM
I really dont know what to make of this game. The Jags eeked out that win against the Texans and made Schaub look good. If Schaub can rack up 300 yards passing and 3 TD's, in Jacksonville, you would think the Steelers could do the same???

Hard to say - look at how Philly's D got torched in Dallas one week, kicked our offense all over the field the next week, and then turned right back around and got picked apart by Kyle Orton this week. Even though they've started slow, the Jags are still fundamentally a very sound team and we'll probably have our work cut out.

Steel_Bus_24
09-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Make no mistake about it we are in for another grueling fight

Theres a lot of things going against us

Injuries
Jags always play us tough
An Away SNF game

But we can take comfort in what we saw from our team in that 2nd half. If we had came out flat I would have had serious doubts about our mental toughness to combat this tough schedule. It took em a while but they fought through that mental whatever it was and gutted one out.

We finally made some adjustments on O and our D even stepped it up another notch.

I definitely could be wrong, but I have a good feeling that we've seen the last of the "dazed and confused" Steelers.

We might not win every game from here on out but we'll finish every game as a unified fighting team

lilyoder6
09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
well like i saying to my brother today on the phone.. the jags was hit hard on the interior line where all the stuff happens.. both there starting guards went down for the season and there main back-up is now paralyed.. i think thats y there off is not as good as it was last yr...

but after all that, if u want to be a great team,, great teams overcome obstacles

Borski
09-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Lets just not throw it too Mathis, I'm sick of him getting an INT every game. That said, I have a good feeling we'll beat the Jags this time!

The Duke
09-30-2008, 11:10 PM
First-round pick Derrick Harvey has overtaken Reggie Hayward as the Jaguars' starting right defensive end.
Harvey, the No. 8 overall pick in April, is a speed rusher but has yet to record his first NFL sack. After a long holdout Harvey's development has been slowed, but he could catch fire not unlike Gaines Adams in his rookie year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=4626&sport=NFL

think it has anything to do with wanting to exploit the steelers oline?

their pass rush hasn't been very good this season, so they needed a change. let's just hope marvel can contain him

Bleeding B&G
10-01-2008, 12:50 AM
I say that the offense needs to dig their cleats into the turf and give Big Ben time to get the ball to Heath Miller. Then, change it up every now and then and go with the "no huddle". That's Big Bens forte!

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-01-2008, 01:10 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=4626&sport=NFL

think it has anything to do with wanting to exploit the steelers oline?

their pass rush hasn't been very good this season, so they needed a change. let's just hope marvel can contain him

Neither Harvey, nor Groves is doing much in the way of pass rushing. The Jags sacked Matt Schaub 0 times last week.

Add the fact that C- Brad Meester and RG - Chris Naole are injured and I think the Jags have as much problem with their O and D lines as the Steelers do. I strangely like the idea of going 4 and 5 wide on the Jags defense and winning 28-13.

steeler dude
10-01-2008, 01:13 AM
:helmet:i think we will get revenge on the jags this week:thumbsup::banging:

OX1947
10-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Steelers are way overdue for a can of whoop ass on this team...

Galax Steeler
10-01-2008, 04:44 AM
We should be able to beat them if our line can block for Ben and give him time to throw the ball we should be ok.

Blonde Bomber
10-01-2008, 07:52 AM
A few things that I would like to see change.

As much as I like Santonio Holmes, I hate seeing him returning kicks/punts, we lose him, and they can key on Ward and Miller and shut us down too easily. let a backup DB or someone return them, hell it's not like Holmes is running them back 30 yards anyway.

Secondly, it would be nice to see Miller getting the ball in some short routes right over the middle, that would open up the running, and help Hines, and Holmes stretch them out some.

Rotorhead
10-01-2008, 10:41 AM
As much as I would love a win here, I am really just hoping nobody else gets injured so we can heal up during the bye. If we lose and have zero injuries then I will be fine. Of course, winning with no injuries would be great!

RP_McMurphy
10-02-2008, 02:10 PM
As Jaguar fan this has been a strange year so far.

Game One very flat against the Titans as the Richard Collier shooting shocked the team to it's core. Add in injuries to Vince Manuwai and Maurice Williams on the offensive line and the Titans defensively dominated the game.

Game Two the rebuilt offensive line played a bit better but not great. Bills converted a crucial drive in the forth quarter to pull one out in Jacksonville.

Game Three the crucial game to the season as the Jaguars run the ball all day long against the Colts in a crucial game. Then a must have field goal for the season at the end of the game.

Game Four against the Texans. The defense absolutely stunk up the joint. Only a lucky coin toss and running by David Garrad saved the Jaguars.

Offensively the Jaguars have struggled to overcome the offensive line injuries and teams are stacking the box. Running better the last two games but not the same as before.

Defensively the Jaguars haven't generated any pass rush all season long. This in turn is putting pressure on the pass D which has gone down hill.

Overall it will be a hard fought and hitting game as both teams like to do the same things. First one to 17 wins

HometownGal
10-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I say the Steelers continue on the huge momentum swing and emotion from the Rats game. I believe we are going to have to count heavily on Ben's arm and our receivers are going to need to step it up. I'd love to see more passes to Heath as it is still my belief that he is underutilized as a receiving target. The D showed that it can still kick ass, even with Casey and Keisel out, and I see that kick ass trend continuing against the Jags.

Beware of Freddie Taylor, though. That guy has tortured Steelers D's since he came into the league.

SteelMember
10-02-2008, 02:24 PM
As Jaguar fan this has been a strange year so far.

Game One very flat against the Titans as the Richard Collier shooting shocked the team to it's core. Add in injuries to Vince Manuwai and Maurice Williams on the offensive line and the Titans defensively dominated the game.

Game Two the rebuilt offensive line played a bit better but not great. Bills converted a crucial drive in the forth quarter to pull one out in Jacksonville.

Game Three the crucial game to the season as the Jaguars run the ball all day long against the Colts in a crucial game. Then a must have field goal for the season at the end of the game.

Game Four against the Texans. The defense absolutely stunk up the joint. Only a lucky coin toss and running by David Garrad saved the Jaguars.

Offensively the Jaguars have struggled to overcome the offensive line injuries and teams are stacking the box. Running better the last two games but not the same as before.

Defensively the Jaguars haven't generated any pass rush all season long. This in turn is putting pressure on the pass D which has gone down hill.

Overall it will be a hard fought and hitting game as both teams like to do the same things. First one to 17 wins

That seems like an honest opinion.

Wish you well, but I hope the Steelers can get out of town with the W and the roster intact.