PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin's reaction after field goal

Carolina Steelers
09-30-2008, 03:15 PM
I love the reaction he had jumping up & down, i like the emotion he shows i thought he was one of the players at first

X-Terminator
09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
What? Mike Tomlin show emotion? I didn't think that was possible (at least according to some people)...

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 03:28 PM
What? Mike Tomlin show emotion? I didn't think that was possible (at least according to some people)...

Nope, now he's "too emotional" and "freaks out" too easily:

This seems to be a bad habit of Tomlins. I think he just freaks out and call's a timeout cause he thinks it's just some kind of "coaching" thing that he should do to try and make himself feel like he's doing an adequate job.

:rolleyes:

C'mon Mike, lead us to Lombardi #6 and shut the BS up.

Statik
09-30-2008, 03:30 PM
I love Tomlin as the HC.....Arians....not too sure about him. I'm really getting sick of the 3rd and short, and we're in a shotgun. Let's just tell everyone "HEY WE'RE THROWING IT....or its a draw play...."

...But I digress, I did like seeing Tomlin jumping up and down with the players last night....what a game!!!

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
I like seeing a young coach get excited like that. It's like he is just one of the guys. Coaches are sometimes way to serious.

verks36
09-30-2008, 03:32 PM
I love Tomlin as the HC.....Arians....not too sure about him. I'm really getting sick of the 3rd and short, and we're in a shotgun. Let's just tell everyone "HEY WE'RE THROWING IT....or its a draw play...."

...But I digress, I did like seeing Tomlin jumping up and down with the players last night....what a game!!!

I could be totally wrong but wasnt are third down conversion rate good last year doing that?

JackHammer
09-30-2008, 03:35 PM
He's under a high powered microscope, that's for sure. I'm sure he'll get it worse than Cowher did because of the XL bandwagon element. Lose one game and the sky is falling. ZOMG FIRE TOMLIN!@!!1121!

Steelman16
09-30-2008, 03:49 PM
He's under a high powered microscope, that's for sure. I'm sure he'll get it worse than Cowher did because of the XL bandwagon element. Lose one game and the sky is falling. ZOMG FIRE TOMLIN!@!!1121!

Such is life. The rest of us normal folks just have to live with it, and try to maintain some sense of sanity. :doh:

But on a brighter note...

I love Tomlin's zeal for the game! I think he still has a lot to learn, but nobody can question his intensity on the sideline. He's just as emotional as The Chin was, but it's in a different facet. :thumbsup:

The_WARDen
09-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I love the reaction he had jumping up & down, i like the emotion he shows i thought he was one of the players at first

What a great coach? Good job by the FO I must say....they got one that jumps up & down! GO STEELERS!

:tt02:

OneForTheToe
09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
On second thought, fire that sorry @ss Tomlin.

Make Arians head coach.

All in favor say aye

:stirthepot::smashy::bonk::angel:

Steelman16
09-30-2008, 05:22 PM
On second thought, fire that sorry @ss Tomlin.

Make Arians head coach.

All in favor say aye

:stirthepot::smashy::bonk::angel:

Troublemaker!

MODS!!!

:chuckle: :chuckle:

iloveben7
09-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I love Mike Tomlin and how much he gets into the game. He gets so fired up and is so excited when they win.

steelpride12
09-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Tomlin loves the game and is a players coach....what more can you ask for.

MrHarrison92
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Could be the little extra boost the teams needs to get motivated again. Seeing your boss jump up and down in excitement is a lot better than having to put up with them screaming at you!

Ozman58
09-30-2008, 07:26 PM
I've been screaming about Tomlin's lack of emotion for some time. I don't thin he shows it much. I was really mad last night during the first half when his facial expressions showed he was more aloof than concerned about our absent offense.

VTsteel
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
I too loved his reaction. He brings a lot of controlled passion to the game and his drive to succeed is great. He is just like I'd be after a game like that . . .

jjpro11
09-30-2008, 08:55 PM
I could be totally wrong but wasnt are third down conversion rate good last year doing that?

we were automatic on 3rd down last year.. not sure what is going on this year. our guys dont look in sync. give it some more time i guess.our oline sucked last year too, so its not that all of a sudden.

lilyoder6
09-30-2008, 09:00 PM
i thought that was great what tomlin did.. just like a player..

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I've been screaming about Tomlin's lack of emotion for some time. I don't thin he shows it much. I was really mad last night during the first half when his facial expressions showed he was more aloof than concerned about our absent offense.

I think Tomlin shows a ton of emotion. Way more than most NFL coaches. He got so pumped on Week 1 when we stopped Houston on the 4th and 1.

steeltheone
09-30-2008, 10:52 PM
It bothers me he dosen't get more pissed off

Galax Steeler
10-01-2008, 04:42 AM
I like it when Tomlin gets fired up he don't do it often but when he does it is fun to see.

stillers4me
10-01-2008, 06:41 AM

You haven't seen the flames shooting out of his eyes?? I have. Just because he doesn't yell and spit doesn't mean he isn't pissed off.

X-Terminator
10-01-2008, 08:28 AM

When in God's name will you and others with this sentiment realize that Mike Tomlin is a different kind of coach? He is NOT a fire and brimstone guy, and just because he doesn't yell at the team on the field DOES NOT mean he isn't pissed or that he doesn't yell at them in private.

Get over Cowher already!

SteelMember
10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
When in God's name will you and others with this sentiment realize that Mike Tomlin is a different kind of coach? He is NOT a fire and brimstone guy, and just because he doesn't yell at the team on the field DOES NOT mean he isn't pissed or that he doesn't yell at them in private.

Get over Cowher already!

:thumbsup:

I think Tomlin chooses his spots to "literally" show his emotions.

People may be of the opinion that he doesn't show emotion enough, or sits on his hands, or give enough ass chewings, but I'm not all that convinced that millionaires get "motivated" by getting constantly beat down. Especially in public. That's what the locker room is for. It would mean more to me if it was out of the ordinary, rather than the norm. I like his even keeled approach. Just my :twocents::noidea:

fansince'76
10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Get over Cowher already!

You and I both know that's not going to happen until, and ONLY until Tomlin gets a SB win.

revefsreleets
10-01-2008, 10:46 AM
He should be fired for being too emotional.

He should also be fired for not being emotional enough.