PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Smith has been ruled out.....

figg
11-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Marvel Smith has been ruled out for Sundays game.

Stlrs4Life
11-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh $%^&!.....................

clevestinks
11-30-2005, 06:43 PM
I think we all were expecting that! Damn

tony hipchest
11-30-2005, 07:19 PM
as much as some people think the steelers o-line sucks im glad to see losing 1 of our 3 pro bowler matters. they do a halfay decent job blocking 8 men in the box. and d. freeney is pretty damn good. as good as and big of an impact player as any patriot defender and j. peppers during carolinas sb run.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2005, 08:51 PM
We dont need Marvel to beat the Bengals, but we will need him to help us against the Bears cuz they defense is pretty damn good. Let him rest and see if he's ready for next week.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-30-2005, 08:59 PM
why dont they try to put the other rookie in I know hes a guard but essex isnt doing the job...

AvoidLLoyd95
11-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Essex did alright Monday night. He handled Freeney's spin pretty good on his first play. He should do good against the Bungles. I hope.

Koopa
11-30-2005, 10:44 PM
essex has played decent i guess, he did go up against the second best d in the league in his first start and freeney makes the best o-linemen in the league looks like they garbage

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2005, 10:57 PM
why dont they try to put the other rookie in I know hes a guard but essex isnt doing the job...

Bring on the Beast.. Chris K needs some playing time too!! Hell why not, nobody else seems to be able to block !

TasmanianTroy271
11-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Bring on the Beast.. Chris K needs some playing time too!! Hell why not, nobody else seems to be able to block !

Win or Lose, I would be a happy man tomorrow if I saw Chris Kemoeatu stomp a Bengal helmet into the turf. Him and Trai are the future of the Steelers O-Line, so lets give them some playing time!

StillerPaul
11-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Win or Lose, I would be a happy man tomorrow if I saw Chris Kemoeatu stomp a Bengal helmet into the turf. Him and Trai are the future of the Steelers O-Line, so lets give them some playing time!

I think the only way we see him, besides injury to a starter, is the last game of the season if we are either out of it or resting starters.

Prosdo
11-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Not good news here!

Grey
12-01-2005, 12:25 PM

I disagree with that. I thought Essex struggled against the Ravens, but was actually impressed with what he did on Monday night. I have a DVR and I back up a lot of the plays just watching the linemen over and over. I don't feel like Essex was the weak point. Simmons was the worst, and Starks didn't have his best game. For that matter, neither did Hartings.

Here we go.
Grey

TasmanianTroy271
12-01-2005, 04:57 PM
I think the only way we see him, besides injury to a starter, is the last game of the season if we are either out of it or resting starters.

Hey, the guy's gonna dress for the first time this year and our starting RG has been a revolving door. He's gonna get some playing time, I gurantee it.

mvherring
12-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Chris K seems like a mean dude; like that one 'Lebanese' guy they had a few years back. I free agent signing from I believe the Redskins. He played in PIT for 2-3 years. I saw him in Latrobe (training camp) a few years back and he was a freakin' giant.

Anybody know who I'm talking about???

jtdapit
12-01-2005, 08:09 PM
i thought kemeatu was playing

jtdapit
12-02-2005, 11:44 AM
essex will do good, so will kemeatu, i thought he handled e. james

Prosdo
12-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Steelers need to put best foot forward
By Steel City Sports
Date: Dec 2, 2005

As such, Steelers head coach Bill Cowher might want to head desperation off at the pass.

And desperation is the point the team has reached on its offensive line.

With Pro Bowl left tackle Marvel Smith - quite arguably the team's most consistent lineman (sorry Alan Faneca fans) - out this week and possibly longer, the team is set to turn to rookie Trai Essex at left tackle for the third straight game.

The Steelers have spent much of the past two games trying to protect and help Essex, who has been thrown into the fire, having to face Pro Bowl players Terrell Suggs and Dwight Freeney. They've had tight end Heath Miller line up next to Essex to help out. They've helped him with running backs. They've even had Faneca slide over to give the rookie some help.

But now it might be time for an even more drastic move. The last time Smith was out for an extended period, the Steelers moved Faneca to left tackle. Faneca wasn't a Pro Bowl player at left tackle like he is at left guard, but he was more than adequate.

And that move allowed the Steelers to insert young and unproven Keydrick Vincent into the lineup at left guard. It was a move that proved beneficial the following season when Vincent was forced to replace Kendall Simmons at right guard for the entire year.

Rest of the article: http://steelers.scout.com/2/473808.html

rowedf
12-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Chris K seems like a mean dude; like that one 'Lebanese' guy they had a few years back. I free agent signing from I believe the Redskins. He played in PIT for 2-3 years. I saw him in Latrobe (training camp) a few years back and he was a freakin' giant.

Anybody know who I'm talking about???

Shar Pourdanesh

I really think Chris K will push Simmons for playing time.

jbattenhouse
12-03-2005, 09:08 AM
Steelers need to put best foot forward
By Steel City Sports
Date: Dec 2, 2005

As such, Steelers head coach Bill Cowher might want to head desperation off at the pass.

And desperation is the point the team has reached on its offensive line.

With Pro Bowl left tackle Marvel Smith - quite arguably the team's most consistent lineman (sorry Alan Faneca fans) - out this week and possibly longer, the team is set to turn to rookie Trai Essex at left tackle for the third straight game.

The Steelers have spent much of the past two games trying to protect and help Essex, who has been thrown into the fire, having to face Pro Bowl players Terrell Suggs and Dwight Freeney. They've had tight end Heath Miller line up next to Essex to help out. They've helped him with running backs. They've even had Faneca slide over to give the rookie some help.

But now it might be time for an even more drastic move. The last time Smith was out for an extended period, the Steelers moved Faneca to left tackle. Faneca wasn't a Pro Bowl player at left tackle like he is at left guard, but he was more than adequate.

And that move allowed the Steelers to insert young and unproven Keydrick Vincent into the lineup at left guard. It was a move that proved beneficial the following season when Vincent was forced to replace Kendall Simmons at right guard for the entire year.

Rest of the article: http://steelers.scout.com/2/473808.html

While this sounds like a good scenario and probably is, I seriously doubt this would happen since this would put another inexperienced player in the lineup. The biggest hurdle to any player coming into the league is knowing the playbook and your assignments. With Olinemen, they need to work together for a while to establish this. Essex has had a few games to get experience and he has faced two of the best DEs in the league in Terrell Suggs and Dwight Freeney. He did not allow Freeney to get a sack, which is admirable considering Freeney made Jonathan Ogden look like a stooge in their game. Also, this is Cowher we are talking about, a coach not known for making drastic moves.

While I want to see Kemoeatu on the field and Simmons off as much as the next guy, a much more likely scenario would be to put Okobi in at C and have Hartings play RG, leaving Faneca at LG to help out Essex. People say Hartings is not performing well, but he is a damn sight better than Simmons and has the experience to help out Starks. And Okobi has played in games before and knows the plays much better than Kemoeatu.

I want to see the Steelers put their best foot forward on offense as much as every other Steelers fan, but having 2 rookies and a first year player on the Oline does not sound like it to me.

SteelCityMan786
12-03-2005, 09:39 AM
!#$@^%#@$^$#^$#^#$)(%^@#%*_)(^*#_%(^*_#%^*#%^)#%_^ (#_% O Line Step up Marvel isn't their to bail you out.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Simmons has most definately been the weak link, IMO. He's just not having the year we all hoped he would. Starks is fine and usually plays well, but he did have a bit of an off game, but he wasnt terrible by any means. Essex is gaining experience and getting better. I think he'll be fine.

If simmons struggles and Chris K comes in, look for him to make an impact pretty quickly once he gets a couple plays in and settles down.