PDA

View Full Version : Despite injuries, we'll be fine.

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
The Mendenhall loss will only be costly for one week against Jacksonville, and if Willie gets hurt again. We're 3-1 without him anyway.

Kendall Simmons was probably our worst offensive lineman. The offense was much better after he left too.

After the Bye Week, Willie, Carey Davis, and Casey will be back, and Keisel will be back a few weeks after.

People need to chill about these injuries, including the media. They're already counting the Steelers out. And will someone tell ESPN that we beat Baltimore without 2/3 of our defensive line, one of which is a pro bowler? Not to mention an All-Pro running back missing. Oh yeah, we were playing with desperation backs in the 2nd half.

If we find a way to go down there and beat Jacksonville, we're 4-1 going into the bye, which is coming at a PERFECT time.

Hapa
09-30-2008, 05:44 PM
ESPN can lick my nuts.

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-30-2008, 05:50 PM
ESPN can lick my nuts.

I agree. Can someone please tell Jaworski and all of the other Flacco worshipers that he is ranked 27th in the league with a 65.9 Passer Rating? Thats freaking TERRIBLE. Oh yeah, 30th in the league in yards, and 27th in completion percentage. Not to mention that impressive 2:1 INTERCEPTION to TOUCHDOWN Ratio!

:rofl:

cubanstogie
09-30-2008, 06:01 PM
I agree. Can someone please tell Jaworski and all of the other Flacco worshipers that he is ranked 27th in the league with a 65.9 Passer Rating? Thats freaking TERRIBLE. Oh yeah, 30th in the league in yards, and 27th in completion percentage. Not to mention that impressive 2:1 INTERCEPTION to TOUCHDOWN Ratio!

They are infatuated with a strong arm. Remember how much love Palmer used to get before he went from unproved to down right shittty. I am sure they love Tavaris and Jemarcus as well. I do think Flacco will be somewhat better than the two I just mentioned, but the Ravens will find a way to ruin him.

iloveben7
09-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Exactly. Moore looked great last night and so did Stapleton and our defensive line was outstanding.

Potsie
09-30-2008, 06:23 PM
I know that we have signed Davenport again, but I really like what I saw from Moore last night. I am hoping that he gets the nod at Jacksonville.

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-30-2008, 06:25 PM
I know that we have signed Davenport again, but I really like what I saw from Moore last night. I am hoping that he gets the nod at Jacksonville.

I agree. Mewelde brings a great reciever out of the backfield, and we should try a lot of screens to him.

hizmi
09-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure about Simmons, but losing Mendenhall, Hampton, and Keisel are big blows. We can win without them, but not for long and certainly not against the elite teams

X-Terminator
09-30-2008, 06:44 PM

They also fail to mention that Flacco was sacked 5 times last night, lost a fumble that was returned for a TD and barely completed 50% of his passes. But they think he's the second-coming of Johnny Unitas. I recall those same BSPN idiots sucking Derek Anderson's schlong too. Look how that's turned out? He's played THREE GAMES, 2 of which were against crappy ass teams. He hasn't done squat yet, other than lose a division game on the road.

Let 'em count the Steelers out. Hell, some of them are already declaring the Rats the division champs, even though the Steelers just, you know, BEAT THEM? That's OK. When the season's over and the Steelers reign supreme in the AFC North once again, we'll have the last laugh.

BSPN :monkey:

Ozman58
09-30-2008, 06:50 PM
I think Simmons will be felt as soon as the running game stalls and we have to offer Ben consistent protection on 5 and 7 step drops.

The offense bgan doing better in the 2nd half last night due the up tempo of the no-huddle, forcing Baltimore to keep the same general defensive personnel in and the fact that Ben was hitting 3 step drops to slants and in routes.

It was encouraging in the fourth that we did get somewhat better pass protection on longer drops, but it's still not good enough and the loss of Simmons will be felt there. The Offensive line is not as bad as the critics thought, nor as good as we probably all hoped. This does hurt.

Losing Mendenhall is a shame from the fact that he will go almost a full year without a live touch after not doing much since week one. It's costly to his development, but not to the running game this year as long as Willie comes back strong.

steelpride12
09-30-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't know about Willie coming back after the by week, but ill be ready to see Keisel, Hampton, and Davis back in action so a win against the Jags would be huge!

The team will adapt with the injuries and losing Willie last season we handled it well and i think our OL couldn't get worse so we are OK there as well.

Our defense has great depth and the loss of Keisel and Hampton though temporary stinks, but the depth of veterans helps out alot!

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure about Simmons, but losing Mendenhall, Hampton, and Keisel are big blows. We can win without them, but not for long and certainly not against the elite teams

Like I said, after the bye week, Casey will most likely be back and Brett will be pretty close. And once Willie is back, I don't see how Mendenhall is a big blow.

Ozman58
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
I think Keisel has been hurting us since moment he went down. I don't see Mendenhall as a huge, it only feels that way becase we have a major depth problem at HB for the moment.

I think Simmons hurts more than we realize right now.

Rotorhead
10-01-2008, 10:49 AM
After the game, it is obvious how much Keisel and Hampton being out hurt, our Def Line was very winded in the 4th, which explains the TD drive. Dont get me wrong, they played lights out all game, but it was apparent the rotation is needed. Getting Hampden and Keisel back is going to help alot. I am still undecided on Simmons, I think Stapleton held his own, but again it was the second half, we will see next week.

The_WARDen
10-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Like I said, after the bye week, Casey will most likely be back and Brett will be pretty close. And once Willie is back, I don't see how Mendenhall is a big blow.

I thought the point of drafting him was to spell Parker. You know, we needed the bigger physical back to complement Parker... Now, it doesn't hurt them?

LVSteelersfan
10-01-2008, 11:58 AM
All the injuries hurt us due to a lack of depth on O and D. BUT, we still have the core of the team and Hampton, Keisel and Willie will be back soon. We just have to hold the fort against the Jags who arguably have a lot worse injury problems on their Oline than we do. Garrard better be ready to run for his life this week because the hounds will be loosed again.

steelreserve
10-01-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm more concerned about the defensive line than anything else. We were doing OK with Mendenhall sitting on the bench, and he didn't do much against Baltimore anyway. The offensive line finally seemed to get its shit together when Stapleton came in, so maybe changing things up there with him or Essex will be a positive thing. They certainly can't do any worse.

But the defensive line ... yeah, they did a decent job hanging in there on Monday, but by the end they were tired and getting shoved around. Having any extra depth there would be helpful; needless to say, gaining two of our starters back would be huge.

lilyoder6
10-01-2008, 12:42 PM
i thought mendenhall had some nice runs against bal.. i mean they rly haven't let over a 100 yrd rusher in like 27 games or what not.... i think our d-line showed something with a small rotation with 2 guys out.. hopefully parker can come back after the bye week... and i think that with teh short week and all davenport will prob not getting many toucvhes..

Dino 6 Rings
10-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Lets evaluate

We had 2 missing Dlinemen.
We had our 2nd and 3rd string and 4th string running backs.
We had our RG go down.
Our QB is a walking mess physically.

We still held the Ravens to 103 yards rushing on 33 attempts.
We still had 5 sacks, and a Defensive TD.
We had our kicker hit FGs for 49 and 46 yards.

We were horrible on 3rd down and disgusting in the First half and were down by 10 at halftime. Yet, we found a way to win.

Yes, we'll be ok.

Bring on the Jags, I got something for that QB of theirs. There won't be any missed holding calls this time.

I predict, 6 sacks, 2 ints and a cherry on top.

atlsteelers
10-01-2008, 01:28 PM
jags are always such a tough team to play. i think we will miss simmons. he was a starter for reason.

hizmi
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM

The problem is that willie is coming off a broken leg and now another injury that has kept him out for a while. We can't keep giving him the ball 25-30 times a game and expect him to make it through a lengthy post-season run if we're fortunate enough to be in that position. Maybe mewelde will do just fine in relief, but I really would prefer to see what mendenhall can do.

Dino 6 Rings
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
jags are always such a tough team to play. i think we will miss simmons. he was a starter for reason.

Miss yes, lose because he isn't there, I doubt it.

yes they are "tough" but...really look at them.

Their QB has a 77.7 rating, 2 tds and 4 picks. Ranked 20.
That's not the same guy we played last year.

We can beat these guys for sure. Just attack their QB, stuff their Run and control the ball. Sounds simple but really, attacking their QB is the key. He isn't the highly rated QB is was last year now that everyone is learning his tendancies.

X-Terminator
10-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Miss yes, lose because he isn't there, I doubt it.

yes they are "tough" but...really look at them.

Their QB has a 77.7 rating, 2 tds and 4 picks. Ranked 20.
That's not the same guy we played last year.

We can beat these guys for sure. Just attack their QB, stuff their Run and control the ball. Sounds simple but really, attacking their QB is the key. He isn't the highly rated QB is was last year now that everyone is learning his tendancies.

They are also without their 2 starting guards who are out for the season. So they haven't been nearly as effective at running the football, and as a result, Garrard has been pressured a hell of a lot more than he was last year and hasn't been as effective. If the Steelers stop their running game, they can turn Woodley and Harrison loose and make life miserable for Garrard.

MrHarrison92
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
The Mendenhall loss will only be costly for one week against Jacksonville, and if Willie gets hurt again. We're 3-1 without him anyway.

Kendall Simmons was probably our worst offensive lineman. The offense was much better after he left too.

After the Bye Week, Willie, Carey Davis, and Casey will be back, and Keisel will be back a few weeks after.

People need to chill about these injuries, including the media. They're already counting the Steelers out. And will someone tell ESPN that we beat Baltimore without 2/3 of our defensive line, one of which is a pro bowler? Not to mention an All-Pro running back missing. Oh yeah, we were playing with desperation backs in the 2nd half.

If we find a way to go down there and beat Jacksonville, we're 4-1 going into the bye, which is coming at a PERFECT time.

Sometimes its good for the media to start rumors like that.....makes us look like a non-threatning team!