PDA

View Full Version : No Mercy

Ozman58
09-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Greetings all,

New to the site, but not to the Steelers. A Native of the south hills, Clairton Pa to be precise. I currently live in Oklahoma (thanks to an 8 year stint in the Air Force that dropped me here.)

I come from a long family tradition of Steelers fans beginning with my grandfather. He cashed out part of his pension to go to Superbowl IX, a game which we still have the program from. My entire family has been bleeding black and gold since before i was born ('77). I know of one cousin who's father hasn't spoken to her in 9 years, since she married a Browns fan and moved to the mistake by the lake.

Frankly I miss home, and I miss the people that make Pittsburgh and the Steelers great. I miss Oysters and the Oyster House and Primanti Bros sandwiches and O Fries in Oakland. I won't be coming home anytime soon, despite the fact that most of my family still lives there. it's just too expensive to move back and I have a wife that hates the cold and snow.

So here i sit, proud representative of Steelers Nation Oklahoma. Carrying on another proud tradition of displaced Pittsburghers cheering on the black and gold across the world.

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Welcome to the board, Ozman58! :cheers:

Galax Steeler
10-01-2008, 04:30 AM
welcome to the board.

Mosca
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Whassup, Ozman? TJ '72 here. I was working at the Hercules plant in Clairton when you were born, my dad worked there most of his life.

SteelersMongol
10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Welcome & enjoy.

HometownGal
10-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Hiya Oz and welcome to the #1 Steelers fan site anywhere! :wave::tt03::tt02:Glad to have you as a member of our black 'n gold (sometimes dysfunctional - LOL! :wink02:) family! :drink::applaudit:

If Barack Obama comes to the Emerald City, will you give him a brain? :chuckle:

Texasteel
10-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the site, I think you'll enjoy it here.