PDA

View Full Version : The Leftwich Switch?

steel9guy
09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
I know some Steelers fans that have been saying put Leftwitch in over Roethlisberger. I think that is horrible. Big Ben is an elite QB and I think he showed it in the game last night.

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 10:58 PM
I didn't really see too much of that last night, honestly (and amazingly). I did start a thread earlier today asking what folks thought about Ben sitting next week to give his hand an extra week to heal up (along with the following bye week), while putting Lefty in against his old team, but I know there's about a snowball's chance in hell of that really happening.

Crushzilla
09-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I didn't really see too much of that last night, honestly (and amazingly). I did start a thread earlier today asking what folks thought about Ben sitting next week to give his hand an extra week to heal up (along with the following bye week), while putting Lefty in against his old team, but I know there's about a snowball's chance in hell of that really happening.

Aye. Especially with the running game having so many question marks around it.

Big7BenHOF
09-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah, if Parker was playing...maybe. But with both him and Rashard out...no way.

tresh123
10-01-2008, 02:10 AM
ben will take us to victory!!!!

Galax Steeler
10-01-2008, 04:26 AM
I don't see why we would switch hopefully ben will get healed up when our bye week gets here along with Parker.

Blitzburgh_Fever
10-01-2008, 04:29 AM
I think Ben played adequately well, his throws looked off but he was playing against the #1 defense in the league right now (as Kornheiser et cetera continuously pointed out). Hopefully he'll be fine by next week, if not I'd rather do a bunch of dump-offs than play Leftwich.

steelpride12
10-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Ya def. with all of the running backs out at this time, if Lefty had a bad game there wouldn't be much to back him up.
Great idea though and it would be nice for Ben to have rest, but won't happen.

The_WARDen
10-01-2008, 01:36 PM
If Leftwich starts, he would get killed with his lead feet.

They need a QB that is half gymnast to get out of some of the predictaments that their QB has been in so far.

Besides, it's not even close in terms of talent.

MrHarrison92
10-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I know some Steelers fans that have been saying put Leftwitch in over Roethlisberger. I think that is horrible. Big Ben is an elite QB and I think he showed it in the game last night.

I agree! Roethlisberger is a fantastic player! If there was any point in time that we would have taken him out, it would have been a couple weeks ago when he played with a dislocated shoulder! Leftwhich really doesnt know the offense yet. If any body should take the place of Rothlisberger it should be Dennis Dixon! Plus the Steelers are paying Ben way too much to just take him out.

MrMalu43
10-01-2008, 01:58 PM
I think Ben should decide if he can play or not. I mean yeah he made some mistakes (like that interception) but everyone does! With our running game out we need strong QB for our passing, especially when the line is having trouble holding off the defenders. Ben works well under pressure and has proven to get better when he's been hit already! Let him play and prove Big Ben has what it takes.

The_WARDen
10-01-2008, 04:01 PM
I agree! Roethlisberger is a fantastic player! If there was any point in time that we would have taken him out, it would have been a couple weeks ago when he played with a dislocated shoulder! Leftwhich really doesnt know the offense yet. If any body should take the place of Rothlisberger it should be Dennis Dixon! Plus the Steelers are paying Ben way too much to just take him out.

If they have to start Dixon, please just shoot me!

PalmerSteel
10-01-2008, 05:13 PM
it doesnt matter if anyone wants lefty to play or not, he will be starting soon enough unless the line figures out how to block better and ben figures out how to release it quicker at times. guarenetee he will not last much longer if the offense stays this way.

Hapa
10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Ben's a pro bowler and Leftwich has continually proved he can't be a starter. I think the answer is easy

PalmerSteel
10-01-2008, 07:30 PM
it doesnt matter if anyone wants lefty to play or not, he will be starting soon enough unless the line figures out how to block better and ben figures out how to release it quicker at times. guarenetee he will not last much longer if the offense stays this way.

to clarify, meant a guarentee he wont last much longer, health wise

RoethlisBURGHer
10-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Who knows Leftwich's weaknesses the best? The Jags.

That's reason enough not to start him this week.

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2008, 09:21 PM
No, you don't switch now.

missedgehead
10-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, according to Rotoworld, Ben didn't practice today (shoulder), then again 1/5 of them didn't practice. According to them he should be fine for Week 5. They said he was held out of practice.

lilyoder6
10-01-2008, 11:16 PM
y would u bench the franchise qb??? it's like saying the raiders will go 500 anytime soon