PDA

View Full Version : THE LEGENDS CLUB WHOS BEEN THERE?

tresh123
10-01-2008, 01:19 AM
JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS BEEN TO A GAME AT THE LEGENDS CLUB? ALSO WHAT WAS THE EXPERIENCE LIKE?

kprst6
08-25-2009, 12:13 PM
I purchased tickets to a regular season game last year on eBay for $600.00 or $150.00 below face value because most people thought this experience wasn't real since it was new. I also had a Paypal 15% off coupon which means I only ended up paying $510.00 for the tickets shipped. That's only $255.00 a person for 2 field level tickets, 2 Legends Club tent tickets (all the food and beverages you could eat and drink + meet and greet with Steelers Legends), and 1 Gold Lot parking pass!!! The seats themselves have a face value of $185.00 a ticket, so basically the Legends Club tent + parking ended up only being $70.00 a person. If you subtract splitting parking in half, the tent was only $45.00 a person!!! :)

You get to park in Gold Lot 3 and the tent opens 3 hours before the game.
You walk about a block and a half to the tent. It is climate controlled and very warm inside.

Upon entering, my friend and I were given a large sealed Steelers blanket as a gift. You are then told which table you are supposed to sit at.

At first, there were no "Legends" and I was wondering if this was a hoax to pay $750.00 for 2 tickets. As we waited, you were able to get any alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage for free. There were approximately 8 different food stations that you could get anything from soup, salad, and a sandwhich, chicken wings with many different flavors, cooked on the spot foods, pasta, and lots of desserts all for free.

We got a beer, tons of food and sat down. Almost immediately after we ate, we grabbed another beer (get your moneys worth) and noticed a few Steelers Legends had shown up. We got autographs from Dwayne Woodruff, Louis Lipps, Craig Bingham, John Banaczak, and Mike Logan. There are supposed to be a minimum of 5 players that show up. If you don't have something to autograph, they have cheap black and white photos that were printed off of a home printer that they will sign for you. We thought that these were the 5 players and were semi-dissapointed. That is until Greg Lloyd and Franco Harris showed up. I don't need to say much more than wow, it was awesome that they showed up. We got autographs and loads of pictures.

After we go these, we took our stuff back to our cars because they dont allow you to carry footballs and mini helmets into the stadium (from what I was told).

About 30 minutes prior to the game, we entered the Media Checkin gate as the tickets get you VIP entrance to your seats. This was well worth it because you bypassed the hoards of people trying to enter at the last second. There was no wait in line and we walked down toward the field in the special Legends Club Section.

Players were literally warming up 5 feet in front of you. You could hear everything that they said. Pretty cool.

During the game, you get a free boxed meal and bottle of water. Nothing special, just a turkey sandwhich, chips, cookie, and other random stuff. They have a wait staff that takes orders for food and beverages throughout the game that you have to pay for. Since it was cold, everyone was given complementary Hot Chocolates all game.

The seats themselves (Row B) were good, not great. You really couldn't see the other end of the field and had to turn around to see the jumbotron. The tradeoff was, getting to see Willie Parker score a touchdown while standing at the rail (you can stand at the field when they are about to score). He ran up and I was able to pat him on the helmet. That was probably the most exciting experience as a sports fan!

All in all, it is worth purchasing Legends Club tickets to a game. It would get old after an entire season as I heard the stars such as Franco Harris, John Stallworth, Mel Blount, and Andy Russell didnt show up toward the end of the season.

This year, you can probably bet Woodson, Bettis, Dawson etc will show up at a few games however the players are never announced in advance.