PDA

View Full Version : Packers signed Herron

BB2W
12-01-2005, 12:43 AM
The Green Bay Packers signed running back Noah Herron from the Pittsburgh Steelers practice squad. Offensive coordinator Tom Rossley says the Packers will prepare him as quickly as possible. He took some snaps in practice, but Rossley says it's too early to judge him.

link......... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

Koopa
12-01-2005, 01:35 AM
well we lost gibson and now him, seems like we wasted a few draft picks. was he even any good? i didn't really see him in the preseason

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Herron showed alot in camp and enough to make the team initially..but he was just the odd man out in a crowded backfield full of good players.

Good luck Noah !!!

Prosdo
12-01-2005, 01:56 AM
He really didn't have much of a chance this year like Blitz said. Best of luck to you Noah!

BB2W
12-01-2005, 02:05 AM
well we lost gibson and now him, seems like we wasted a few draft picks. was he even any good? i didn't really see him in the preseason
He was decent... nothing spectacular. His game is very similar to Verron's.

This may be a blessing... with Herron no longer on our roster they will almost be forced to take a running back in the draft, and with no back up plan like Noah around you would have to consider selecting one earlier.

Prosdo
12-01-2005, 02:07 AM
Very true BB2W. I would really like to see the Steelers take a RB in the draft or pick one up in FA.

Koopa
12-01-2005, 02:10 AM
what do any of y'all think about travis henry???? he could be a bad ass back for us, or at least i think he could. he seemed good with the bills and he's pretty much the odd man out in tennesse with chris brown

TasmanianTroy271
12-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Well, they signed John Kuhn, that local kid from Shippensburg to replace him on the PS, I hope he shows something :P

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Draft A Back In The First Round, Trade Staley For A Draft Pick?

Steel - X
12-01-2005, 09:35 AM
what do any of y'all think about travis henry???? he could be a bad ass back for us, or at least i think he could. he seemed good with the bills and he's pretty much the odd man out in tennesse with chris brown

Guy has issues off the field I dont see him coming here.

Grey
12-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to watching this guy run again. I liked him a lot in the preseason. I think he will be a starter somewhere --- just have a feeling about it. He runs HARD.

Here we go.
Grey

RoethlisBURGHer
12-01-2005, 01:34 PM
This sucks,I really liked Noah...I didn't even know he was on the PS.

Steel - X
12-01-2005, 02:25 PM
ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a thick, stocky build with solid overall muscle tone, good bubble, thick chest, thighs and calves … Has decent speed and quickness off the snap, but compensates for a lack of blazing speed by his responsiveness to reading inside blocks and his powerful leg drive to break tackles … Runs low to the ground and has the hip wiggle to bounce off tackles … Shows good body lean and lower body power … Has just enough speed to hit the edge and bounce to the outside, but is best when running between tackles … Has the hip weave to elude and developed good juke and burst ability in 2004 … Runs hard and plays with good instincts, awareness and run vision … More of a north-south runner with good weave and knee bend … Turned into an effective receiver underneath, showing the ability to spot the seam and settle in the zone … Runs good routes out of the backfield and maintains concentration going for the ball in traffic.
Negatives: As a runner, he has an above-average start, but lacks good lateral quickness and is not really a shifty runner … Needs to have a hole and room to run in order to have success, because he is not a real creative runner without much elusiveness to make defenders miss in the open … More effective when running up the middle, as he does not have the second gear to beat defenders to the perimeter … Willing blocker but is just adequate, as he can recognize and try to pick up the blitz, but lacks good agility to sustain and does not generate much power with his hands, despite his size … Does not show explosion or burst coming out of his stance, needing to build up to top speed … Even with his size, he does not seem able to power through blocks upfield as a receiver, needing to gather before gaining acceleration.

Fantasy Footballers keep a close eye on this guy. With all the other moves the pack have been doing at RB who knows. They obviously saw or see something in the kid.

BB2W
12-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Off Topic: I noticed on that link the Cardinals singed Zamir Cobb to their practice squad on Tuesday. Good luck to him...

jtdapit
12-01-2005, 05:42 PM
staley can be a good third down rb nothing more with parker steering. i dont see the steelers drafting a rb but if so, not till at least 5th round.

Ambridge
12-01-2005, 08:01 PM

No more retreaded backs that come with mileage on them like Duce and like Steel-X mentioned he has some substance abuse issues as well.
Running back definately has to be addressed this upcoming draft. Bettis will be gone for sure and I think Duce could be hitting the road as well.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2005, 08:06 PM
staley can be a good third down rb nothing more with parker steering. i dont see the steelers drafting a rb but if so, not till at least 5th round.

Good RB's are usually plentiful in the draft, even on day 2..so u may be correct about waiting till later in the draft. And there is always the FA possibility as well. The Steelers wont hinge their bread and butter on a rookie so they'll make sure they have ample vet. back there as well. Duce, Parker, and maybe a FA signing..but u gotta hope we get a good solid big back in 2006 somewhere.

Steel - X
12-02-2005, 09:20 AM
The NFL is not based on a feature back anymore except for those special circumstances (LT2, Holmes (but really he wasnt the only LJ), Lamont, Shaun) Every team in the league is almost using a 2 back system now a days. Like BRC said you can find a good back on day 2. Even off the street rookies undrafted could have an impact. If I remeber correctly Priest Holmes was not drafted!

jtdapit
12-02-2005, 12:42 PM
i dont think we are wasting are draft picks i mean 4 of the are getting good playing time, miller, mcfadden, kemeatu, essex, out of 7... not bad

rowedf
12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Ready to get laughed at again.....I still think the Steelers will look at Jamal Lewis :)