PDA

View Full Version : Patriots caught cheating again?

Polamalu Princess
10-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Patriots coach Bill Belichick denied Wednesday the claim by Raiders owner Al Davis that New England had a workout with Randy Moss before obtaining him in a trade with Oakland.

Davis said Tuesday that the Patriots had tampered with Moss before the deal in April 2007 that brought the wide receiver to the Patriots for a fourth-round choice that year on the weekend of the NFL draft.

"I've told the story about Randy many, many times," Belichick said in a conference call with members of the media covering the 49ers, "and the first time I ever talked to Randy was the Sunday morning of the second day of the draft last year.

"So that's the first time I met him. That's the first time I talked to him. There was no workout. There was no other contact with him."

Davis made the tampering accusation after ending a news conference in which he announced the firing of coach Lane Kiffin.

Asked Wednesday if he had a response to Davis, Moss said, "No, not at all."
Belichick sidestepped the question when asked by New England reporters, saying he was concentrating on Sunday's game at San Francisco.

In an e-mail to The Associated Press, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Wednesday, "No tampering charges have ever been filed with our office with respect to Randy Moss."

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/bbdp/davis-takes-aim-at-patriots/196987?icid=200100397x1210707886x1200610618

The Patriot
10-01-2008, 09:38 PM
If the Patriots were tampering with Moss why didn't he file a tampering charge?

Polamalu Princess
10-01-2008, 09:53 PM
:noidea:
Not sure - you tell me???

The Patriot
10-01-2008, 09:59 PM
:noidea:
Not sure - you tell me???

Because he is a cranky old man who is blaming everybody else except himself for the Raiders horrific demise? Possibly.

Polamalu Princess
10-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Because he is a cranky old man who is blaming everybody else except himself for the Raiders horrific demise? Possibly.

Okay - fair enough - we shall see my friend - we shall see...:tt02::noidea:

SteelersMongol
10-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Once a cheater, always a cheater. :laughing:

Polamalu Princess
10-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Once a cheater, always a cheater. :laughing:

So true, but what a shame indeed it is with the Patriots. They were and are so good and never needed to do what has been done.

Potsie
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Moss wanted out of Oakland anyway.

Blitzburgh_Fever
10-01-2008, 11:59 PM

Very true, but while Moss can be a quitter, he doesn't seem like a horrid person (in regards to the abuse charges last year) or a quitter. On the other hand, Davis seems very bitter right now and lashing out.

I hate the Pats as much as everyone else, and hope I'm wrong, but I'm more inclined to believe Davis is squawking for attention than that Randy Moss would violate the player's union.

Tankus_Maximus
10-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Por que usted eres son PINCHE TRAMPOSOS PUTOS CABRONES!!!!!

fansince'76
10-02-2008, 12:01 AM

If the Pats* keep losing the way they did to the Dolphins, he'll want out of Foxborough soon enough too. And the Pats* will be more than happy to unload him for next to nothing much like the Raiders did just to get the carpetbagging, frontrunning prima donna off their roster.

The Patriot
10-02-2008, 12:53 AM
If the Pats* keep losing the way they did to the Dolphins, he'll want out of Foxborough soon enough too. And the Pats* will be more than happy to unload him for next to nothing much like the Raiders did just to get the carpetbagging, frontrunning prima donna off their roster.

Yeah right, he caught 23 touchdowns last year and we've already named him a team captain. Moss is here to stay. Both the good and the bad.

fansince'76
10-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Yeah right, he caught 23 touchdowns last year and we've already named him a team captain. Moss is here to stay. Both the good and the bad.

You won every regular season game last year too as opposed to getting thumped by 25 points in your own backyard by a team that had only won one out of its last 17. A game in which said team captain reportedly spent the entire first half sitting alone on the bench pouting. Way to be a leader. Good luck with that.

Preacher
10-02-2008, 01:03 AM
J6_1Pw1xm9U

Steelman16
10-02-2008, 01:58 AM
J6_1Pw1xm9U

:toofunny:

My thoughts exactly!

stlrtruck
10-02-2008, 09:27 AM

First of all, the players never file tampering charges. It's the teams that file them, just like the Packers did against the Vikings in the Favre situation.

Second, why would he file charges when he wanted out of Oakland so bad he could taste it.

missedgehead
10-02-2008, 03:13 PM

Exactly. :doh: Davis is a loon. He took shots at Shanahan, Chris Mortonsen also. Besides, he is not over that shock he got from the "Tuck Rule" game. :chuckle: He always has to complain about something. I think he should go buy a new overhead projector if you want my opinion. :rofl:

The Patriot
10-02-2008, 06:57 PM
First of all, the players never file tampering charges. It's the teams that file them, just like the Packers did against the Vikings in the Favre situation.

Second, why would he file charges when he wanted out of Oakland so bad he could taste it.

I was referring to Al Davis.

MrHarrison92
10-02-2008, 07:03 PM
It's a little late for that old guy to do anything about that now! If it's that big of a deal then why didn't he mention it sooner? Like WHEN IT HAPPENED!?!?!? I'm getting sick and tired of baby's crying! He might as well go be the owner of they cry baby team"Ravens"!!!!!

rbryan
10-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Where did they shoot that interview of Al from?? A Bunker somewhere in Afghanistan?? Looked like the same video quality as the last transmission from Bin Laden ......lol

Do you think maybe Al is dead too and they just took an old clip and lip synced the words of Kiffens firing??

The Patriot
10-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Do you think maybe Al is dead too and they just took an old clip and lip synced the words of Kiffens firing??

He looks pretty dead.

rbryan
10-02-2008, 07:13 PM

He already gave up half way thru the dolphin game. Al should be careful the Patsies don't try to give Moss back......lol

silver & black
10-02-2008, 08:00 PM
It's a little late for that old guy to do anything about that now! If it's that big of a deal then why didn't he mention it sooner? Like WHEN IT HAPPENED!?!?!? I'm getting sick and tired of baby's crying! [B]He might as well go be the owner of they cry baby team"Ravens"!!!!!I second that motion! :thumbsup:

silver & black
10-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Where did they shoot that interview of Al from?? A Bunker somewhere in Afghanistan?? Looked like the same video quality as the last transmission from Bin Laden ......lol

Hmmm... Nah, Kiffin would still be the coach if that were the case. :sofunny:

Polamalu Princess
10-02-2008, 09:00 PM
J6_1Pw1xm9U

That WAS funny!

NJarhead
10-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Wow, this is one where you'll never be sure WHO to believe.:chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
10-02-2008, 10:28 PM
I'd rather believe a crazy old man over a known cheating lying son of a bitch. Maybe Davis just doesn't have solid proof to file a complaint.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-04-2008, 11:46 PM
If they really did tamper, then why trade him?

I don't think there was tampering, because Davis loves a good lawsuit and he could have had one if there was actual tampering.

I think he knows that the demise of the Oakland Raiders is his fault, and his fault alone. However he is to damned stubborn to admit it and hand over control of football operations to someone who can actually run a football team. Therefore, he's trying to blame everyone else for his team being one of the worst teams in the last 5 years.

Next week, he'll be blaming the beer vendor at the Coliseum...and the week after that he'll be bitching about the Immaculate Reception again.

GBMelBlount
10-05-2008, 12:38 AM
beSteelmyheart

I'd rather believe a crazy old man over a known cheating lying son of a bitch.

:rofl:

THAT was funniest thing I've heard in a while.

The Patriot
10-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Maybe Davis just doesn't have solid proof to file a complaint.

Or maybe he wants immunity first. :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
10-05-2008, 11:06 AM

It's the what have you done for me lately society these days. Where have you been?:toofunny:

Counselor
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Notice how careful belicheat was with his answer. . ."the first time I talked to him . . .the first time I met him" That doesn't mean he didn't send a few of his minions out to work Moss out.

On the other hand, I really don't know if you can credit the ravings of a lunitic like Davis.

Dino 6 Rings
10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
who really cares? I mean...it was no secret Randy wanted out of Oakland. Is it tampering to talk to a guys agent and say "hey, we are thinking of a trade but want to know that Randy is really serious about playing hard football, we don't want any walk off the field moments in NE"

is that tampering?

Al Davis is a nutcase that should be forced to sell his team. He clearly has a form of dimentia and should not be responsible for such a high dollar fanchise. His brain is fried and he is living in 1978.

missedgehead
10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Adam Schefter on NFLN reported yesterday that the League is looking into this looney accusation by Crazy Al. Schefter said that if the League finds that if the Raiders' (who btw DID NOT FILE charges of tampering against the Patriots btw) accusations are FALSE and Davis is just blowing off hot air, the Raiders could get into BIG TROUBLE.

If you want my opinion, if Davis' accusations are false, which I suspect they ARE, then his team SHOULD BE punished. You can not make accusations without proof. I know it is popular to take shots at the Patriots, but that is just wrong.

fansince'76
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I know it is popular to take shots at the Patriots, but that is just wrong.

:violin:

Preacher
10-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Adam Schefter on NFLN reported yesterday that the League is looking into this looney accusation by Crazy Al. Schefter said that if the League finds that if the Raiders' (who btw DID NOT FILE charges of tampering against the Patriots btw) accusations are FALSE and Davis is just blowing off hot air, the Raiders could get into BIG TROUBLE.

If you want my opinion, if Davis' accusations are false, which I suspect they ARE, then his team SHOULD BE punished. You can not make accusations without proof. I know it is popular to take shots at the Patriots, but that is just wrong.

When a team garners a reputation for being cheats... well, you reap what you so.

silver & black
10-06-2008, 06:04 PM

LOL... go ahead and punish us! Who gives a damn!? If the last 5+ years isn't enough punishment... I don't know what to say! :toofunny: :sofunny:

Just f**k it... it really doesn't matter any more. :banging:

Preacher
10-06-2008, 06:22 PM
LOL... go ahead and punish us! Who gives a damn!? If the last 5+ years isn't enough punishment... I don't know what to say! :toofunny: :sofunny:

Just f**k it... it really doesn't matter any more. :banging:

Funny thing is, the Raiders will probably be punished almost as bad as the Pats were...

Though the raiders didn't do anything to destroy the integrity of the game itself.

The Patriot
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM

I hope this doesn't damage Belichick's reputation.

steelpride12
10-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I hope this doesn't damage Belichick's reputation.

His reputation around the league is already bad.

NJarhead
10-06-2008, 07:10 PM
His reputation around the league is already bad.

once again:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/OverURHead.jpg

The Patriot
10-06-2008, 07:19 PM
once again:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/OverURHead.jpg

You're are a very talented artist . :applaudit:

NJarhead
10-06-2008, 07:22 PM
You're are a very talented artist . :applaudit:

You can print it out if you'd like and hang it on your fridge...., *ick. :laughing:

BTW - Ever see that thing called "I am better than your kids?" ...where the guy critiques childrens drawings... It's incredibly wrong, yet incredibly hysterical at the same time (too harsh for this forum unfortunately).

The Patriot
10-06-2008, 07:31 PM
You can print it out if you'd like and hang it on your fridge...., *ick. :laughing:

BTW - Ever see that thing called "I am better than your kids?" ...where the guy critiques childrens drawings... It's incredibly wrong, yet incredibly hysterical at the same time (too harsh for this forum unfortunately).

:sofunny: No, I have never heard of that before but it sounds hilarious.

St33lersguy
10-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Either Bellichick is the biggest cheater the league has ever seen or Davis should sell his team and enter a retirement home.

NJarhead
10-06-2008, 07:55 PM
:sofunny: No, I have never heard of that before but it sounds hilarious.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule

I don't think that providing the link is a violation, so here ya go.

The Patriot
10-06-2008, 08:01 PM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule

I don't think that providing the link is a violation, so here ya go.

:toofunny: That's hilarious

tony hipchest
10-06-2008, 08:29 PM
5,600,176 stupid kids tried stepping to my iNsAne skills and got 0wned.

:toofunny: thanks WarDen

silver & black
10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Either Bellichick is the biggest cheater the league has ever seen or Davis should sell his team and enter a retirement home.

I opt for the latter! :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
10-06-2008, 10:04 PM
:sofunny:..... good stuff warden.....can we post our favorites here? :huh:

NJarhead
10-06-2008, 10:09 PM
:sofunny:..... good stuff warden.....can we post our favorites here? :huh:

I'm guessing no, unless they're heavily edited. ..., but mine was the fire truck :toofunny:

Glad you guys liked that by the way. I got it in an email about 5 years ago and it STILL hasn't come back around yet. I'm glad I remembered what it was called.

MasterOfPuppets
10-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm guessing no, unless they're heavily edited. ..., but mine was the fire truck :toofunny:

Glad you guys liked that by the way. I got it in an email about 5 years ago and it STILL hasn't come back around yet. I'm glad I remembered what it was called.

his rants on the other topics are also great.....reminds me of dennis leary doin standup...:thumbsup:
i've got it bookmarked to pass around. thanks again.