PDA

View Full Version : Kemoeatu runs w/first team

BB2W
12-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Not only will Steelers rookie Trai Essex start for injured left tackle Marvel Smith against Cincinnati on Sunday, but fellow rookie Chris Kemoeatu could see playing time at right guard, Essex said Wednesday.

"Chris got a few reps today with the one's (the first team)," Essex said after practice. "He could dress; he's ready. And he's something special. When he finally gets to play, Chris is going to shock the world"

link.......... http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/s_399598.html

Koopa
12-01-2005, 12:30 AM
well hopefully he can be what they say he is and that's a devastating blocker, and hopefully we'll have a big enough lead going into the second half he can get some good playing time

BB2W
12-01-2005, 12:40 AM
They may start him or put him in early if Simmons continues to struggle. Earlier I heard Tim Benz said that Kemo practiced with the first team at both gaurd positions, and I thought they may be moving Faneca out to tackle like they did in 2003... this says Trai will be starting, so I guess not. I am looking forward to seeing this kid play.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2005, 12:47 AM
I dont imagine they wanna mess w/ the line any more than they have too.. but w/ Simmons seemingly digressing and Chris K waiting in the wings for his shot, u never know how it could work out.

It will take time for them to work together though so if we're gonna make this change we better do it now and stick w/ it !

Koopa
12-01-2005, 12:48 AM
well i be damn, i won't even get to watch the damn game, i'm gonna be stuck watching the texans and ravens, ain't that a *****? i guess i'll have to look for him on highlights and just read y'all reveiws on him if he plays

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2005, 12:53 AM
we'll be posting up during game time so we'll let ya know how he's doing !

figg
12-01-2005, 01:08 AM
I hope they start Kemo!

SteelerFanInATL
12-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Maybe he can give the O line a spark and a little attitude.

Suitanim
12-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Somebody mentioned moving Hartings out to RG. That makes some sense, too. Hartings will probably retire (If you recall, he didn't think he'd be able to play past '03 due to his permanent injuries) at the end of this year, and we will need a Center. I think it'd be wise to give Okobi some reps and see what he can do...what better time to new combinations then when nothing else is working?

Grey
12-01-2005, 12:06 PM
While I would welcome the change of replacing Simmons with Keamato, ( b/c you couldn't do much worse than Simmons right now) that would mean we'd have 3 rookies on the O-line. That's a risky proposition for a team that is trying to live and die by the running game.

Tough situation we are in with the line. I just keep waiting for that moment went everything comes together, and the real talent of this team begins to shine through.

HERE WE GO.
Grey

RoethlisBURGHer
12-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I really like Kemoeatu,I hope he turns into a monster gaurd (especially this Sunday).

BB2W
12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Len Pasquarelli put Kemoeatu on his list of players who could earn increased playing time over the final month of the season:

-OG Chris Kemoeatu, Pittsburgh (sixth round): The former Utah strong man hasn't even played a down yet this season. But last week he got some practice snaps with the No. 1 offense, and with starting right guard Kendall Simmons struggling mightily and drawing far too many false-start penalties, it might be only a matter of time until the Pittsburgh coaches decide to give Kemoeatu a shot.

link-----> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2250905

Prosdo
12-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Chris getting some time. I haven't been to pleased with Kendall this season.