PDA

View Full Version : Steelers@Jags

Strangeirish
10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Well folks, here we go again. Another head-knocker and a raucous atmosphere to look forward to. Loads of Steeler fans here in Jacksonville gearing up for this one.

Anyway, our pass defense is highly suspect, so I would imagine we will have the same game plan that we had against the Clots(:applaudit:), keep Ben off the field with dink and dunk and run, and run some more. Garrard finally had a good game last week and seems to be regaining his form of last year, but our our O-line is patched up and is a cause for concern. We have no pass rush to speak of, so far anyway. Not even going to attempt to predict this one, but looking forward to having you guys in town again.

Good luck and may the best team(on the night at least) win.

fansince'76
10-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Welcome back, 'Irish. Here's to a good game with no injuries to either side. Good luck (but not too much luck) to the Jaguars. :wink02: :drink:

SCSTILLER
10-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Yeah, both teams are a little banged up for this game. Seems like our backup d line will be going against your backup o line. Was almost one of those Steeler fans down in Jax, but couldn't get the time off work, bummer! Like Fansince 76 said, "good luck, but not too much luck"

Tankus_Maximus
10-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Dink & Dunk works for me! Especially if it means getting Heath Miller involved alot more! Ben needs to read his check-downs more often and fall out of love with the "home-run" long bomb that he currently seems to be in love with.

steelpride12
10-02-2008, 10:03 AM
No pass rush sounds good to me, but the Jags no matter what will blitz the Steelers like crazy.
Both teams are a little banged up and lets hope we can finally get the Jag monkey off our back and beat then going 4-1 into the bye.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-02-2008, 12:09 PM
I like the idea of spreading the ball some more. Get Ward, Holmes, Washington, Baker on the field.

Plus, can spread the field and still run behind Heath Miller. Arians had this great play of pulling both Miller and Kemo to lead block for Parker in the Texans game.....hope he revisits that.

Jags have 2 pretty good corners in Mathis and Florence, but there is a reason they have the #27 pass defense in the NFL.

billybob
10-02-2008, 08:53 PM
It's going to be a good, hard hittin game as usual. Good luck to the Jags, but I hope there are plenty of steeler fans there as I will be wearing my jersey and flying the towl in enemy territory! Only problem is we're not sure where we should stay for the night! Anyone been there before that can recommend a hotel?

Look for a motel 8,they let the light on for ya.(LOL)

Galax Steeler
10-03-2008, 03:36 AM
I think it will be a hard hitting game again the Jags always give us a fit.

revefsreleets
10-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Our pass defense is suspect? It is? Against Jacksonville, a running team?

I'm not so sure about that...

Strangeirish
10-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Our pass defense is suspect? It is? Against Jacksonville, a running team?

I'm not so sure about that...
If you're referring to my post, I was talking about the Jaguars pass defense being suspect, and it is. Houston torched us last week.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-03-2008, 12:13 PM
If you're referring to my post, I was talking about the Jaguars pass defense being suspect, and it is. Houston torched us last week.

Very true. What is the outlook on Groves?? I know nobody got any sacks from Jacksonville last week, but has he at least shown any signs of being an impact?

Dino 6 Rings
10-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I think this game hinges on our ability to attack the Jags QB, Jarrod or whatever his name is...if we can force him into turnovers and get into his head, 4ints 2 tds this season, we can dominate this game. The Jags don't play well from behind. We can catch them early and bring the heat and make their running game ineffective and make them have to rely on the pass. Something I don't fear from the Jags. Its going to be hard hitting early on, but if we weather the storm, we can get a huge W going into the bi-week rolling along.

Edman
10-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Ben has had pretty good games against Jacksonville. We already know first hand that Jacksonville's pass defense is suspect and their Pass Rush is AWOL. Don't get discouraged, though. With our O-Line and our scatterbrained offensive coordinator who seems to be scared of slants and the no-huddle and goes in shotgun on 3rd and 1, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags get a few sacks. Not to mention, the Steelers have a nasty habit of outright sucking in road games under Tomlin. No matter the opponent.

It's our Defense and Special Teams that seem to have problems against them. Jacksonville has a big reciever in Matt Jones and Garrard is known to scramble. Let's not forget Taylor and Jones-Drew. They had a great first game against the Defense last December, but the Steelers stopped them in the rematch.

LVSteelersfan
10-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I think they need to put a spy on Garrard and not let him get those runs up the middle like they did last week. The Steelers are notorious for letting QBs run on them. I wish that would stop. With Kendall Simmons gone, I think the pass rush will be a little slower than it has been. I don't like to see players get hurt, but he was a waste in there.

Strangeirish
10-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Very true. What is the outlook on Groves?? I know nobody got any sacks from Jacksonville last week, but has he at least shown any signs of being an impact?
Hasn't played all that bad, considering he's a rookie. Looks like he'll be an impact player though. Harvey has all the tools to be good also, but having missed all of training camp, he hasn't shown me anything, yet.

revefsreleets
10-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh, so you're a Jags fan? I get it...

Rotorhead
10-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Well the AWOL Jags passrush against the AWOL Oline we have should be an average matchup of suck. I think Ben will get a bit more time than last week and we will be ok on Off. I think we need to get a lead going into the 4th Qrtr though, because we all know how winded our Dline got last week. If we are ahead and they have abandoned the run by then we will win easily. But what I see happening is it being a close game and whoever has the ball last wins this one . . .