PDA

View Full Version : A very sad day.

Preacher
10-02-2008, 03:03 PM
So today ranks as a very sad day for me.

One of my best friends (and associate pastor) lost his father a couple months ago. When he moved home from college 15 years ago, he moved back into his home to take care of his aging parents. Now they have both passed and it is time to get on with his life. Why is that sad for me?

Today, he boarded a plane and flew to his new job, new place of residence, AND NEW COUNTRY!! That's right, he is moving to Bulgaria! Now it is great for him. He is going to teach English as a second language to a private high-end high-school class, and make good money (by Bulgarian standards) doing it. Furthermore, he has a few friends over there already.

However, he was my associate pastor and the person I bounced everything off of. He was also the person I kept going to in order to backcheck myself, so his leaving is a big void in my personal and "professional" (hard to call a pastorate a profession" life.

What really kills me, was that when the opportunity for him came up, I was the one that told him he would be FOOLISH not to take it!!! Guess the head and heart just don't match on this one.

Oh well... God bless Mike on his journey.

oh yeah.... And the Bengals suck!

TheWarDen86
10-02-2008, 03:10 PM
So today ranks as a very sad day for me.

One of my best friends (and associate pastor) lost his father a couple months ago. When he moved home from college 15 years ago, he moved back into his home to take care of his aging parents. Now they have both passed and it is time to get on with his life. Why is that sad for me?

Today, he boarded a plane and flew to his new job, new place of residence, AND NEW COUNTRY!! That's right, he is moving to Bulgaria! Now it is great for him. He is going to teach English as a second language to a private high-end high-school class, and make good money (by Bulgarian standards) doing it. Furthermore, he has a few friends over there already.

However, he was my associate pastor and the person I bounced everything off of. He was also the person I kept going to in order to backcheck myself, so his leaving is a big void in my personal and "professional" (hard to call a pastorate a profession" life.

What really kills me, was that when the opportunity for him came up, I was the one that told him he would be FOOLISH not to take it!!! Guess the head and heart just don't match on this one.

Oh well... God bless Mike on his journey.

Sorry to hear that Preach. Time to get that international calling plan, eh? lol. At least it's a positive for him.

oh yeah.... And the Bengals suck!

Amen.

Preacher
10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Preach. Time to get that international calling plan, eh? lol. At least it's a positive for him.

Amen.

Thanks!!!

He has Skype... so it isn't a big deal... but there is an 11 hour time difference!!

HometownGal
10-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I know how it feels when someone you care about so much is hundreds - thousands - of miles away, Father. You kind of feel empty - almost lost.

Your friend is taking advantage of an opportunity that may never come along again! I wish him all the best and will pray for his safe journey to Bulgaria. Remember - he is only just a phone call, email or letter away! :drink:

He is a very fortunate man to not only have the Lord as his guide and Savior, but you as his friend! :hug::hug:

Preacher
10-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I know how it feels when someone you care about so much is hundreds - thousands - of miles away, Father. You kind of feel empty - almost lost.

Your friend is taking advantage of an opportunity that may never come along again! I wish him all the best and will pray for his safe journey to Bulgaria. Remember - he is only just a phone call, email or letter away! :drink:

He is a very fortunate man to not only have the Lord as his guide and Savior, but you as his friend! :hug::hug:

Thanks....

Though I did threaten to call homeland security and put him on the no-fly list :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
10-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks....

Though I did threaten to call homeland security and put him on the no-fly list :chuckle:

Wow, so you first encourage him to go.., and then you basically threaten him with a cavity search. That style of madness is almost woman-like...., almost. :wink02: :chuckle:

Preacher
10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow, so you first encourage him to go.., and then you basically threaten him with a cavity search. That style of madness is almost woman-like...., almost. :wink02: :chuckle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks... I sure needed that laugh.

Well.. the first was the head... the latter was the heart. What can I say!

My wife laughed when I mentioned it.

Texasteel
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Losing a father that you had basically dedicated the last 15 years to is devastating thing. Some times a person needs to start a new life, in a different place. I know you will miss your friend terribly, but even if he had of stayed he may not have been the same person you knew. Moving could have been the best thing possible for him, and in the end, isn't that what you really want.

MrHarrison92
10-02-2008, 05:17 PM
oh yeah.... And the Bengals suck![/QUOTE]

Ha, true Steelers fan here! Screw the Bengals! And the Ravens and the Browns!

revefsreleets
10-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, Preach...well his loss, too....you know what I mean.

Polamalu Princess
10-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, I am so sorry for your loss with him moving away. You did the right thing by encouraging him to better his life. God is good and always brings another person to fill the void. It is in God's control and he will take the task on to find someone that will breath new life into your soul - he always does. God never fails. Your friend will always remember that you helped him make a decesion of a lifetime and never forget the relationship you had and will continue to have.

God Bless,

Renne'