PDA

View Full Version : Ben Misses Practice again :(

missedgehead
10-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Big Ben doesn't practice again
Thursday, October 02, 2008
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger did not practice for the second day in a row because he received an injection in his sore right shoulder.

However, he eis expected to practice today and will start Sunday night's game in Jacksonville, Fla.

Roethlisberger sustained a low-grade shoulder separation in the season opener when he was sacked by defensive end Mario Williams of the Houston Texans. But he has not missed any playing time and the injury does not appear to bother his throwing motion.

Also, Coach Mike Tomlin said third-down back Mewelde Moore will be the starting running back against the Jaguars because of injuries to Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall and Carey Davis.

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
First published on October 2, 2008 at 3:07 pm

The Duke
10-02-2008, 03:35 PM
However, he eis expected to practice today and will start Sunday night's game in Jacksonville, Fla.

that's all that matters

Coach Mike Tomlin said third-down back Mewelde Moore will be the starting running back against the Jaguars because of injuries to Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall and Carey Davis.

great. let moore show what he's got. he may surprise us

him and russell should get the job done

Preacher
10-02-2008, 03:42 PM
that's all that matters

I think that is smart.

Let him run... then bring in Dookie and Russel to clean up.

After all, Dookie didn't really do much in the run game against them in the playoffs.

HometownGal
10-02-2008, 03:52 PM
that's all that matters

Exactly, Duke. Ben will start and I'm very excited to see what Moore can do in the backfield. :thumbsup:

43Hitman
10-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Well if Monday's play is any indicator of what Moore can do, then I think we will be just fine. After all, that was supposed to be the #1 defense we played. Also I really liked what Ben did with the no huddle. Hopefully we can throw that in the game plan some to keep the Jags off balance.

MrHarrison92
10-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Big Ben doesn't practice again
Thursday, October 02, 2008
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger did not practice for the second day in a row because he received an injection in his sore right shoulder.

Roethlisberger sustained a low-grade shoulder separation in the season opener when he was sacked by defensive end Mario Williams of the Houston Texans. But he has not missed any playing time and the injury does not appear to bother his throwing motion.

Also, Coach Mike Tomlin said third-down back Mewelde Moore will be the starting running back against the Jaguars because of injuries to Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall and Carey Davis.

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
First published on October 2, 2008 at 3:07 pm

In my opinion I think they should let Ben rest up for Sunday. He's got plenty of practice in his life! Plus the players show up a couple hours early to warm up and that alone is like a small practice. So I say let Ben rest and just have him warm up, hes a super bowl winner, he'll get the job done! Plus they need to worry more about the offensive line!

MACH1
10-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Good choice...

I doubt that dookies in any kind of game shape right now anyways.

St33lersguy
10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Aslong as Ben is playing. If it helps him rest up to play I'm all for it.

stillers4me
10-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Ben will be fine, just a little sore, but he'll be on the field giving everything he's got.

Unlike certain other QB's in the AFC North,.......cough, cough, (Carson Palmer)cough.....that can't play because they are too sore.

The Duke
10-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Unlike certain other QB's in the AFC North,.......cough, cough, (Carson Palmer)cough.....that can't play because they are too sore.

palmer's not sore, he's just scared. can't wait for him to meet woodley in two weeks :tt02:

steeler dude
10-02-2008, 08:57 PM
No huddle for Ben and we roll Sunday night !:popcorn:

Galax Steeler
10-03-2008, 03:38 AM
I wonder who will be returning kicks sunday night if moore is the starting back.

CanadianSteel
10-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I wonder who will be returning kicks sunday night if moore is the starting back.

Hopefully not Dookie..... I cannot stand seeing a big lumbering guyreturnig kicks and you know the bets you can do id the 30 yard line.

get someone woith some speed back there..... Let Ike return kicks .... he used to do that under Cowhere and was fairly decent....

CanadianSteel
10-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Hopefully not Dookie..... I cannot stand seeing a big lumbering guyreturnig kicks and you know the bets you can do id the 30 yard line.

get someone woith some speed back there..... Let Ike return kicks .... he used to do that under Cowhere and was fairly decent....

Man my spelling and typing skills are awful....:noidea:

steelpride12
10-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Good let Ben get his rest and what matters is he is playing, and i can't wait to see how we distribute, Dookie, Moore and Russell.

Rotorhead
10-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Have we tried Sweed as a return guy? Just curious, cause it would get him into the game at least. Not to mention I hate having Santo returning anything.

GeneralRobinson
10-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Can anyone confirm if Ben practiced today?