PDA

View Full Version : Our Offense would be great and maybe even unstoppable if we........

SteelStan
10-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Use our running back like the patriots and eagles. If we were to pass the ball to our rb a little more, even with a bad o-line then our passing game would be sick. Willie Parker is no Kevin Faulk but has speed and agility if not more than, then just like brain Westbrook. Willie has proven he can catch the ball in the past so why need feed him the ball on third down? Its very clear why we won that game Monday, that big passing play to M&M (Moore) that set up the fg by reed......What do you guys think?

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::t t03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt0 3::tt03

Galax Steeler
10-03-2008, 03:28 AM
I would love to see more screen passes it worked well against the ravens if it take more of this to win the game then I am all for it.

mike15618
10-03-2008, 06:40 AM
I would love to see the OC call any play that takes less than 20 min. to develop and Ben get it off before the play clock hits .00002 seconds. We always seem to be looking for the big play in the passing game with out ever setting it up. A few screens and 2 step drops will keep opposing "D's" from rushing in to fast giving Ben a little more time. Is it just me or dose Ben seem a half step off this year?

SCSTILLER
10-03-2008, 07:15 AM
I think we need to use our running backs a little more in the passing game also. Willie has gotten better at setting up his blockers, and on third down Moore is a pretty good receiver out of the back field.

Another thing that would make our offense sick, using Heath Miller more. I know he has a few decent catches this game, but lately he has been held back to help out with the O-line. Does the O-line need help, yes, but Miller's talents are being wasted. He poses a problem for defenses with his size and speed.

Steel_Bus_24
10-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Yeah seriously....we should be going to Heath and Willie a ton with the way that Oline has been playing

I don't know if its Ben or Ariens but we need to get those two guys more involved in the passing game

scsteeler
10-03-2008, 07:46 AM
I agree that using the RB more will improve our offense and also the O-line. I would love to see more screen plays also. Let's see what the game plan is for Sunday night.

:helmet:

The_WARDen
10-03-2008, 08:39 AM
at this point, as much as I hate the West Coast offense...I even think that would benefit them because it's a short passing game.

CanadianSteel
10-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Problem is it appears our screen game has dissappeared the past few years... I can't rememebr the last screen pass that we ran that gained more than 10 yards....
We need to practice it more perhaps and get everyone on same page. Moore is definatley a good pass catcher that SHOULD be utilized in the game plan...

steelpride12
10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Sure i would love to see some screens plays in the offense, but i don't think the Steelers want to do that, it would get them off the gameplan.

Parker would be a beast on screens, but you need good blockers and if the OL blocks as bad as they do for Ben the screen will fail and im sure thats the reason.

steeltheone
10-03-2008, 11:00 AM
What do you call our passing game now? If anything it is short passes. No identity. We need Speath and another couple of recievers to step up. Seems like we are a 2 wideout team. Again no identity.

MACH1
10-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I think if we copied a little of what the eagles do with westbrook and line willie up in different spots when he comes back would add so much more to the O. Of course the line still has to learn how to block people, so until that happens I don't think it really matters what we do.

Mosca
10-03-2008, 11:49 AM
I think if we copied a little of what the eagles do with westbrook and line willie up in different spots when he comes back would add so much more to the O. Of course the line still has to learn how to block people, so until that happens I don't think it really matters what we do.

It's like the skill set of our team is set up for the big downfield play, but the bedrock isn't strong enough to support it.

SCSTILLER
10-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Now that I think about it, we have tried to run some screens. They have mostly been WR screens, and with not much success. I like the Westbrook idea, get Willie lined up outside with a LB covering him, mismatch! I

Dino 6 Rings
10-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Our Offense would be great and maybe even unstoppable if we........

Run Blocked the right way on every running play.

Pass blocked the right right way on every pass play.

Caught every pass, never fumbled, always go open and always found the hole.

MACH1
10-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Our Offense would be great and maybe even unstoppable if we........

Run Blocked the right way on every running play.

Pass blocked the right right way on every pass play.

Caught every pass, never fumbled, always go open and always found the hole.

I'd settle for blocking 3/4 of the time.

It must all be Ben's fault. He sucks. :rolleyes:

MasterOfPuppets
10-03-2008, 01:15 PM
heath is the one they need to get more involved. i'd rather see heath lined up in the slot then washington.....if they need extra blockers, put that 7 mill,350lbs of waste on the sideline in as a 3rd tackle.

LVSteelersfan
10-03-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't know why they don't do two tight ends and let Spaeth do the blocking so Miller can get out into the passing routes. Spaeth is huge. He should be able to hold the outside rush or assist Colon long enough to give Ben time to get the ball to Heath. There isn't a linebacker in the league that can stay with Miller.

Rotorhead
10-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Spaeth needs more practice blocking. Heath is back in blocking because he is needed back there and can do a good job of it. It is unfortunate, cause any other team and Heath would be a superstar. For some reason, our screens never work, they take way too long to develop and fail. I wish our $7mil sack of crap would get put in for blocking and we use Heath in the passing game more.

19ward86
10-04-2008, 10:11 AM
idk, i think more quick passes would be better than screens and willie goin to the flats or what not.

steelpride12
10-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I just wish we could get our TE's involved more often. Heath every year is the Silent killer for teams and one of the best TE out in the league.
Spaeth had a few TD's last season and i think both would truly help us in the long run.

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Use our running back like the patriots and eagles. If we were to pass the ball to our rb a little more, even with a bad o-line then our passing game would be sick. Willie Parker is no Kevin Faulk but has speed and agility if not more than, then just like brain Westbrook. Willie has proven he can catch the ball in the past so why need feed him the ball on third down? Its very clear why we won that game Monday, that big passing play to M&M (Moore) that set up the fg by reed......What do you guys think?

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::t t03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt0 3::tt03

No matter what anyone says, I totally agree with your idea and wish we would do the same. Un freaking stoppable we would be. Dump offs to Wilie across the middle would work like magic. There is no LB that can cover Willie's speed in this league maybe except Patrick Willis out of San Fran.

lilyoder6
10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
i think that it would be nice if we would throw to our rb's some more..

JackHammer
10-05-2008, 05:55 PM
idk, i think more quick passes would be better than screens and willie goin to the flats or what not.

This^^^^

Get the ball to a guy like Holmes or Ward on the short routes and let them keep the defense honest.